Advertisement

Author Topic: Would you date someone if you found out..  (Read 5204 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Would you date someone if you found out..
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:45:42 AM »
They had a history of fainting or seizures?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Would you date someone if you found out..
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 11:24:15 AM »

Depends if we click or not..

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 02:16:41 PM »
Epilepsy isn't contagious.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 08:39:48 PM »
Epilepsy isn't contagious.

Sadly some ignorant people still think it is even though the factual evidence that show it's not is readily available to educate them...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 08:41:19 PM »
I remembered a 12-13 year old? Hmong girl was returned for a refund after her husband and in-laws discovered that she had seizures...Bas ically they said that seizures are bad omen supernatural stuff...What BS but that's why there are words like ignorance..

Jiggles

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 05:51:44 AM »
Idk. As I get older, I start to realize why elders would say to choose someone who is in good health or at least someone who doesn't have major genetic disease, disorders, etc., if you want to bear healthy children. Sometimes you already fall in love with someone before you learn of their health. That is when it could be hard to let go and you just stick with them through it all.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 08:39:26 AM »
i have no problem as it is the norm, their first time seeing me.   :D ;D

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:21 AM »
I think the elders don't like it because they see that person as not being able to help you much if they got a handicap to begin with.  The elders are hoping you can find someone who can help you reach your full potential.  That's their take since they don't know the other person personally.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 04:21:55 PM »
I won't mind.  But I do have to like her.

Blongforever

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 04:42:30 PM »

No... for the reason that I'm all for the out door type of person and would prefer someone without such condition.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 04:45:47 PM »
You know my previous reply got deleted right? 
Well im here to give another one, a different one. 

You guys know what it feels like to hold onto a giant tickle me Elmo?  There u go. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 03:49:41 PM »
I have seizures for the last 8 yrs.  I only had it once or twice a year when I first started. I faint or blackout but nothing else.  It has been 5 yrs since I haven't had one at all.  I still take medication to treat it. 1 pill per night.  There is really no diagnosis in finding out what is the real cause.  I do have on and off blurry speech and memory loss.  It hasn't stop me from anything.  Im a SAHM and still take care of everything 95%.  I never bother my husband at work in 20 yrs that he's been working.  Very few time just to let him know I'm at the hospital giving birth.  Im not distracting my husband from thinking I'm going to depend on him because I can't do anything. 

If people are going to put me down as not being healthy.  That's them because we are not all perfect  100%.  Down the road there is always something like a minor health problem. 

Elders always want one that is in perfect health.  Screw them.....  My husband has more health problems then I do and more disturbing.  I poke fun at him because I have to clean up after it.  Life and marriage is always better when you have no in-laws or parents bugging about little things.  My in-laws use to make little negative comments about me but both are no longer here to see what their son  is going through.  It's why my husband better appreciate me because I've always been good to him. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 04:06:33 PM »
I remembered a 12-13 year old? Hmong girl was returned for a refund after her husband and in-laws discovered that she had seizures...Bas ically they said that seizures are bad omen supernatural stuff...What BS but that's why there are words like ignorance..

My husband has a client that said her new daughter in law was having seizures on and off daily.  On days that she have it the family freak out because they don't know what's to do.  On days that she don't  have it she's normal.  They couldn't take it anymore and send her back.  They don't have any kids yet or she wasn't pregnant so it was the perfect timin to do it. Her husband even gave her some $$ because he told her that she came into their family for a while so......... 

I can understand early in the marriage if that happens..... 

Hmong people think everything is bad.... I dont know where their ignorance mind come from either. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 04:10:20 PM »
I have seizures for the last 8 yrs.  I only had it once or twice a year when I first started. I faint or blackout but nothing else.  It has been 5 yrs since I haven't had one at all.  I still take medication to treat it. 1 pill per night.  There is really no diagnosis in finding out what is the real cause.  I do have on and off blurry speech and memory loss.  It hasn't stop me from anything.  Im a SAHM and still take care of everything 95%.  I never bother my husband at work in 20 yrs that he's been working.  Very few time just to let him know I'm at the hospital giving birth.  Im not distracting my husband from thinking I'm going to depend on him because I can't do anything. 

If people are going to put me down as not being healthy.  That's them because we are not all perfect  100%.  Down the road there is always something like a minor health problem. 

Elders always want one that is in perfect health.  Screw them.....  My husband has more health problems then I do and more disturbing.  I poke fun at him because I have to clean up after it.  Life and marriage is always better when you have no in-laws or parents bugging about little things.  My in-laws use to make little negative comments about me but both are no longer here to see what their son  is going through.  It's why my husband better appreciate me because I've always been good to him.

Thanks for sharing your story and sorry to hear that people had to judge you like that with zero factual evidence to back up their judgment...Hop e your story can educate some ignorant folks... O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 04:14:10 PM »
My husband has a client that said her new daughter in law was having seizures on and off daily.  On days that she have it the family freak out because they don't know what's to do.  On days that she don't  have it she's normal.  They couldn't take it anymore and send her back.  They don't have any kids yet or she wasn't pregnant so it was the perfect timin to do it. Her husband even gave her some $$ because he told her that she came into their family for a while so......... 

I can understand early in the marriage if that happens..... 

Hmong people think everything is bad.... I dont know where their ignorance mind come from either.

Ignorant people usually have a very narrow view too so if they see one thing, they think it applies to all...Probably "come from" generations of ignorance...Sa d but true in some cases...

That Hmong girl that was returned for a refund case happened here in California so you would think people would utilize the readily available facts before making such decisions but sometimes "ignorance" and gullibleness can't be help...

Advertisements