Advertisement

Author Topic: Today Better, Or Yesterday Better?  (Read 3387 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Today Better, Or Yesterday Better?
« on: April 20, 2017, 11:43:55 AM »
There are some people who argue the world is better today, and there are some people who argue the world is better yesterday.  For example, Make America Great Again is the mantra of the Trump campaign to victory.  Obviously, half the country thinks yesterday was better. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: Today Better, Or Yesterday Better?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:29:35 PM »
Because yesterday, they didn't have to worry about dark skinned folks stealing all their low paying jobs.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 03:18:19 PM »
There are some people who argue the world is better today, and there are some people who argue the world is better yesterday.  For example, Make America Great Again is the mantra of the Trump campaign to victory.  Obviously, half the country thinks yesterday was better.

Yep, just depends on who you ask...

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:45:48 PM »
Call me the optimistic fool, I think the best is yet to come for the world.  IMHO, the world is better today than it has ever been.  Although there are problems such as disharmony caused by dissonance among power groups, I know there are less suffering in the world.  More people also enjoy living life versus toiling away with the burden of food, shelter, and medicine.  I do understand some see a different snapshot of the reality where America was so much better.  For example, for this group they made more money, and had more time to enjoy life.  To an extent there are much truth to what they say.  We must also ask to whom enjoyed such luxury, and when we do ask these kind of questions we see that minorities and less educated didn't have an opportunity and access to these luxuries.  So again, perspectives.. .  One historian wrote, America improve equality across spectrum this is why some see less.  Perhaps the great disappointment many Americans have is due to a great expectation not met.  Perhaps by lowering our expectation we can improve our happiness.  This make sense because one travler on youtube said the Hmong SAPA the happiest people in the world.  I am secretly envious of their happiness.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 07:42:30 PM »

Better as in what?

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 10:07:05 PM »
Better as in what?
Maybe better as in no colored folk sitting in your white seat at the front of the bus.  Better as in you can drag black kids through the town behind your pickup.  Or Better as in you can lynch black folks and leave them hanging for days without going to jail.  Those days may come back since Trump is making America great again.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 07:05:45 AM »
I'm saying Trump's making America great again means those things to the old white folks.  That's why they love him so much, but its a good thing he's a liar or we'd be back there already.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 07:58:53 AM »
I'm saying Trump's making America great again means those things to the old white folks.  That's why they love him so much, but its a good thing he's a liar or we'd be back there already.

Thus the "I'm an immigrant and I want Trump to Make America Great Again--like it was before I was here" makes so much sense  :idiot2:

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 08:35:46 AM »
 ;D ;D I know who you talking about.  ;D

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Today Better, Or Yesterday Better?
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 11:47:50 PM »
Playing devil's advocate here.  (Note: The stuff below are facts, but some are embellished for the purpose of argument sake.)

Hollywood made a TV series called The Wonder Years.  The TV series was a big hit.  The series was nostalgic and covers the post WWII era when America was on top of the world (albeit with the Cold War back drop).  City life seem to cease to the glorious suburbia.  Local mom and pop shops turned into Super Markets like Wal-Mart, Target, Albertsons, etc...  This was an age of abundance, family, and joyfulness.  Today our age of abundance have turned to ashes with crime and drugs occurring at an all time high.  Family are torn today with the highest divorce rate ever.  Children education is falling behind other countries.  Forbes, time, and etc... writes Americans are more lonely and less happy than ever.  Corporate greed and political gridlock have made America sluggish while countries like China, India, Brazil, s. Korea are catching up to America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 04:16:51 AM »

You would have to understand exactly what that means other than the false one being spread by Leftists. They never get the terminologies correctly. These are people who think there are more than two genders.  :idiot2:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 05:53:40 AM »
If we talk about the political realm, today as in trump today, we are on our toes about that pesky north korean n their nukes. 

Yesterdays, through how many presidents again that all we are getting is more negotiation n talks while that bastard conducted their nuke test and all we can do is to let them do it and we continue to talk more. 

Yesterday is like how my mother would run the show.  All passive.  Trump is like my daddy.  He don't fawk around.  He got the azn mob watching my back.  It just gets that intense at the present and who knows if there is even a future. 

98% of trump voters are without buyer's remorse. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 11:48:23 AM »
watching your back? Little do you know.. He's got those guys ready to stab you in the back. ;D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »
watching your back? Little do you know.. He's got those guys ready to stab you in the back. ;D

Good way to die.  Not knowing when to die is a good way to die

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 01:01:23 PM »
Good way to die.  Not knowing when to die is a good way to die
That's what we're gonna say when the nukes start flying.

Advertisements