Advertisement

Author Topic: Most Important Community Issues  (Read 11432 times)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Re: Most Important Community Issues
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »
By posting link to alt news sites and promoting incest.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 01:36:43 PM »
;D ;D again..
Thanks for trying.

Back at you.."again". ;D

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 03:58:31 PM »
I don't agree.

More Hmong in STEM professionals simply mean less Hmong in poverty but has nothing to do with community.  Many people in STEM field are so busy, they can't contribute to the community.  Many moved out to community that have very few Hmong. 

What we need is more professions that stay within the community who can contribute to the community and act as role model.  Not some guy who works 60 hours a week who hardly see another Hmong person.  We need more Hmong in politics to make our voice heard and gives Hmong people inspiration.  We need successful Hmong business owners who can invest in their community by providing programs and scholarships to kids.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 09:49:24 PM »
There are already many Hmongs in those fields. We need to teach Hmongs to be self sufficient and not depend on gov't handouts...

Many but not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 06:40:55 PM »
What is STEM and who is funding it? If you're referring to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics the sorts... I think it's something the community and parents would support but to disregard one's identity to participate or forego STEM development would be a disservice. That idea not only offend traditional believers but believers alike.

The main problem is finding resources to educate and train people in the community. The community needs money more than some STEM program that takes time to mature.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 05:20:02 PM »
I don't agree.

More Hmong in STEM professionals simply mean less Hmong in poverty but has nothing to do with community.  Many people in STEM field are so busy, they can't contribute to the community.  Many moved out to community that have very few Hmong. 

What we need is more professions that stay within the community who can contribute to the community and act as role model.  Not some guy who works 60 hours a week who hardly see another Hmong person.  We need more Hmong in politics to make our voice heard and gives Hmong people inspiration.  We need successful Hmong business owners who can invest in their community by providing programs and scholarships to kids.

More STEM does matter.  Yes, its more hours and yes, the individual has less time to focus on the community.  The result of more STEM is the increase in average income and that improves the overall value of the network/community.   Remember the value of a community is not simply the average income multiply by the number of people, the community is a network and the value is described by Metcalfe's law N^2.  If we get more people into STEM more people can support arts, politics, education, and business.  This is why America is so focus on innovation.

I'm disappointed you don't think this way for being such a highly educated STEM professional, professor.  I would like to understand more your reasoning on the a deeper level.  I do acknowledge Wisconsin has a brain drain to MN.  Perhaps the problem of Wisconsin isn't STEM, but more so the nature of a poor inclusion culture.  less inclusive culture are more likely to be close vs. open, and we know a free and open society with decent tension with social order, balance and harmony generates massive benefits - aka democracy.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:22:58 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 01:44:30 AM »
It doesn't matter how wealthy and successful Hmong become as individuals. If their money isn't circulated in their own communities then we remain on the bottom of the economic food chain.

Just ask yourself how many times you see a Chinese person patron Hmong places of business?

They don't. They shop at their own and they do business with their own. Until you bring something to the table they won't even bother with you.

Jews do the same in the early part of the century in America. Once they have gained group wealth they become very valuable to mainstream. Only then can they have true political power.

The Hmong have none of this because our leaders and our wannabe leaders are dumb. Too many activities and community organizers detracting the communities from keeping the eyes on the prize.

Keep the Hmong dollar in the communities and this will create a strong niche for Hmong to become successful business owners. It's great to have STEM professionals but why not develop strategies that uplift even those who don't have degrees? This is what the Chinese and Vietnamese are doing.

Promote those who are academically-inclined but also create wealth pathways for those who aren't.

It can be done.

But alas, too many dumb wannabe leaders who still think having ONE Hmong New Year is the greatest and most important issue.  :idiot2: We gotta beat this one to the death.

Like this post: +1

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2017, 01:50:10 AM »
We must also learn how to create jobs for ourselves. For example, the next time instead of DIY your event, hire a Hmong. Give business to someone who has a business. The more we do this the more people will feel encouraged to start their own business.

I know that we experience a lot of unprofessional ism from Hmong but we shouldn't let that stop us. Feedback should actually help business owners improve their services and competition is actually a good thing. Those who don't embrace feedback will just let their own business die while someone else rises to the top.

This is why Jews, whites, Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans, and Indians are so much better at group economics.

Tu siab peb Hmoob are just too blind and always tend to follow blind leaders.

Like my sibling say, "you have something honest and good but they don't believe. But they believe those Hmongtebchaws frauds."

Hmong on average have low IQs like Blacks.

Like this post: +1

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 02:04:13 AM »
Admit it. Peb Hmoob muaj cov ruam coob tshaj cov ntse and that is why so many Hmong are overwhelmingly liberal when it comes to American politics even though we are socially conservative and in many cases fiscally conservative.

People who hate Trump don't even know why they hate him other than because blacks don't like him. But we are not blacks. Blacks hate Trump because Mexicans hate him. But blacks aren't Mexicans. It goes on and on. But when you really sit and think hard for once, Trump has not actually executed policies that negatively target or even impact Hmong.

Liberals like the Democratic Party have false unity. They are united because they share a common hatred, but not shared values. Which is why they always have to create new enemies or new grievances. If it's not one thing it's another. They follow trends and fads. They don't believe in individualism but care more about feelings. Thus, you are required to suppress your individuality if someone else might find it offensive.

Conservatives have shared values that we are willing to die for. Our principles is what allows us to be individuals and different. For example. Free Speech applies to all, even when you have diametrically opposing views. We don't believe there is such a thing as Hate Speech. Liberals are the exact opposite. They don't believe in Free Speech. They believe that if they feel offended - but only them, nobody else is allowed to feel offended - you are a threat and your speech must be stopped.

Peb Hmoob fall for false leaders. We ntshaw lus qab zib more than we love truth.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 12:34:22 PM »
Hmm.

Right of Left, Democratic Liberal of Conservative Republican, it's the blind leading the blind.

As a community, we still fall prey to group mentality.

But, sitting here discussing this issue does us very little good.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 12:39:07 PM »
It is a land of majority rules. Until that changes, there's no real solution to the problem of group mentality.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 02:34:33 PM »
True.

I highly doubt it'll change soon. Considering Majority Rule and it's role in a Democracy.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 11:42:27 PM »
I believe BelieveNme have good points about supporting your own people.  When you support someone you don't necessary gain.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 10:21:37 AM »
I believe BelieveNme have good points about supporting your own people.  When you support someone you don't necessary gain.
North Korea is doing that.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2017, 08:12:49 AM »
North Korea is doing that.

I say support, you speak of an oppressive regime.  Weird.

Advertisements