Advertisement

Author Topic: Welfare and government programs  (Read 9558 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: Welfare and government programs
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »
To some, it's a life line but to other it's a way of life and to not work.
I believe it should be available but for a limited time only... and when you're on it, the state should give you jobs to do to pay for it. The state could take these able men/women on welfare and give them jobs to clean highways, parks, streets, etc. There are so many jobs that these welfare recipients can do for their checks and will save the state income from hiring people to do these same jobs.

To me, welfare is like giving a man a fish rather then teaching a man to fish. It's also a way to control the poor, minorities, blacks, etc. keep them in line.

Not sure which state you're talking about nor why you think states are providing welfare to adults.  In Cali, Welfare has been for children. Once you're over 18, your welfare money is stopped.  The checks are handed to the parents because it's expected that those parents will spend it on the kids since we don't let kids spend money like that.  Some parents just take advantage of that and spend it on themselves.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 04:00:21 PM »
Not sure which state you're talking about nor why you think states are providing welfare to adults.  In Cali, Welfare has been for children. Once you're over 18, your welfare money is stopped.  The checks are handed to the parents because it's expected that those parents will spend it on the kids since we don't let kids spend money like that.  Some parents just take advantage of that and spend it on themselves.

The state where all the Libs/Dems, Blacks, POC's, Hmoobs yada yada yada and Islamic Terrorists live in.

Denial.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 06:13:12 PM »
If there existed a method that assures decent return on effort to effectiveness on getting people off the program or getting the abusers off the program the government would have implemented the program.  I'm sure they spend millions of dollar trying to figure out ways to do this.  At the end of the day it comes down to education.

Like this post: +1

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 07:39:42 PM »
Which is cheaper?

Taking care of someone in prison or giving them welfare?  If you know the answer to this question, then you know the answer to whether we should deny people welfare even if they don't want to work.  Putting someone in prison costs $40k a year.  Giving someone welfare costs $10k a year.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »
If there existed a method that assures decent return on effort to effectiveness on getting people off the program or getting the abusers off the program the government would have implemented the program.  I'm sure they spend millions of dollar trying to figure out ways to do this.  At the end of the day it comes down to education.
There does exist a method to assure decent return on efforts.. Fire all the people and hire more result oriented ones.  You can try to implement new methods but it will always fail when its the same incompetent people trying to implement it.

Dom

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 08:35:33 AM »
To some, it's a life line but to other it's a way of life and to not work.
I believe it should be available but for a limited time only... and when you're on it, the state should give you jobs to do to pay for it. The state could take these able men/women on welfare and give them jobs to clean highways, parks, streets, etc. There are so many jobs that these welfare recipients can do for their checks and will save the state income from hiring people to do these same jobs.

To me, welfare is like giving a man a fish rather then teaching a man to fish. It's also a way to control the poor, minorities, blacks, etc. keep them in line.
So are hmong controlled by this? Has it helped, or has it enabled?

Dom

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 08:36:32 AM »
Maybe that's why MN is the land for the freeloaders.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »
Maybe that's why MN is the land for the freeloaders.
Your jealousy is showing again Dom.  ;D

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »
I guess no gov't subsidies for poor ol' DOM and his factory.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »

From my understanding in CA since it is always changing. When you apply for welfare and have 3 kids.  Those 3 kids are the one who qualify for cash aid.  Any child you have after they will only give you additional FS.  The limit is 4/5 yrs.  Within those 4/5 yrs those parent are already working hard to get nyiaj xiam.  They want to be exempt from CalWorks.  You either have to work a certain amount of hrs to keep your benefits.  If you make more than what is the income requirement/eligibility then cash aid stop but more in FS.  The income max. still qualify the family to be get Section 8/Housing, low income assistance/program, etc.  They have nothing to lose at all.  People take advantage of being in the system because they benefits from it. 

4/5 yrs working hard to get nyiaj xiam, maybe coach 1/2 kids to get nyiaj xiam, etc.  After nyiaj xiam next is home care.  Get your own people to do home care and split the check.  This system only the Hmong really benefits from it as we all can see around daily or among our own family/relatives.  Tau zoo nyob, noj, pw, etc.  Save tau nyiaj......bra nd new Tundra truck.... Another thing we got to remember is that we still got cov laus coob so it will continues for a while.  Txhob tsev tsev cov laus..... many of you depend on them for babysitting.  When you look at it we keep saying how dumb peb cov Hmoob niamtxiv laus no ua tsis tau dabtsi li.  At least they still love and help in many way.  You need to look at the younger generation Hmong kids who screw up.  They give us more headaches then how we think badly about cov laus. 

Cov Hmoob Laus you see constantly there are just like your parent, uncle/aunt or grandparent.  Whatever they go to do is understandable because we already know they are not capable of working.  Who is going to take them when they can't read, write, drive, etc.  When you see younger Hmong adult it is just drug addict, some just released from jail after a few year, etc.  These are the one you want to tell them to do something better with their life.  They choose to be mute and dumb as your client because they know beyond a felony record they don't have much choice. 

This system like my husband said once you're in there is 3 important thing you want to do......... just like 3 important thing working people want to do........ I can't remember so I'm not going to list it......... 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 06:48:40 PM »
Some people rely on it as their sole means of income.
Others need that little bit of assistance to make ends meet.
Then you have those who see it as a free hand out.
And of course your abusers, those who take advantage of the system.

The entire system needs better checks and balances, and truly needs to be reformed. I see it as giving people the fish as opposed to teaching them how to fish, so to speak.

Others may have a different opinion but in the least, they'll have to agree the system is a little broken.

Same like the school system.  Fake address to attend the better school in better neighborhood.  Fake income report for free lunch.  The school has many program to help the low income class while middle class you either pay for it.  How many of these low income class family take advantage of free tutoring, free internet, etc?  Unlike welfare....... ....they want all the assistance but with school......th ey don't want it.  Middle class lose out on it when they work the hardest.  I used to bricker with the school admin about every little thing that keep changing.  From bus transportation to having to pay for Preschool.  I give up and when there is more funds it go back to what it was before but I already lose out on it. 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 01:17:41 AM »
I'm not against having a support system for those who need it when they fall on hard times. However, the way it is doled out has created a state of dependency. Plus, too many times people think of EBT and money when what I'm really against are the UNNECESSARY AND IRRELEVANT GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS that go beyond EBT and a welfare check.

What do I mean?

These are the big ones but a lot of little ones fall under them:

- Subsidized childcare
- School Parent Involvement
- ESL for adults
- Workforce Centers
- WIC
- etc.

The list goes on an on and on. Most people don't know about the programs, don't need the programs, don't find it did anything to improve their circumstance.

Instead of these programs, I'd rather allocate the money to include MORE people who can use real cash immediately. I know people who have to WAIT because their state is so clogged up. Meanwhile, the rent doesn't wait.

ALL IT DOES IS FATTEN THE POCKET OF THE STAFF OVERSEEING THOSE PROGRAMS.

To those Hmong who were on welfare, WELFARE DID NOT HELP YOU GET YOU WHERE YOU ARE. You did that all on your own.

And it's a real problem when we have people who think like that. That precisely proves my point!

Welfare is a safety net to help you in your time of need. You still have to do the legwork.

To think that welfare is a program to help lift poor people out of poverty is EXACTLY the problem!

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 05:23:55 AM »

Dom

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 09:33:45 PM »
I guess no gov't subsidies for poor ol' DOM and his factory.
;D I just gave your mom a $0.25 raise. You're welcome.  :2funny:

Dom

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »
Your jealousy is showing again Dom.  ;D
;D All those government programs afforded you much. Your clan sure drained that oasis.  :2funny: :idiot2:

Advertisements