Advertisement

Author Topic: Probable Existence of God  (Read 2313 times)

Offline GhostRider

• Jr. Poster
  • GhostRider: 5'11", 185 lbs, Straight
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Probable Existence of God
« on: May 15, 2017, 12:57:27 PM »
"How can physical atoms and molecules, for example, create something that exists in a separate domain that has no physical existence: human consciousness?

Consciousness has no physical presence in the world. The images and thoughts in our consciousness have no measurable dimensions.  Yet, our nonphysical thoughts somehow mysteriously guide the actions of our physical human bodies."

Like this post: 0
I'm Ghost Rider! Come Ride With Me..!

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Probable Existence of God
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:28:40 PM »
Atoms are classified as a thing.  Consciousness n love are concepts. 

Hard to compare n contrast the two when one is from the physical world n one is a contrast of that physical world.  God then is a concept to non believers.  To believers, God is all, both people, place, things and concept.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06:36:15 PM »
I think the most crazy thing about physics is how much the world we know is EMPTY SPACE.   99.99999999% of the atom is EMPTY SPACE.  This means we are 99.99999999% empty space.  Flux field between the weak/strong forces is why we think there is solid, gas, liquid, etc...  Some philosopher and physicist have argued this force is God's sustaining power.  The most intriguing part of all this is physicist acknowledge without the force, the universe would collapse into a singularity.  I don't care to squabble the rhetoric...wha t is most interesting to me how much commonality exists between the two modes of faith and reason.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:38:42 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 12:53:17 AM »
^^ That's why I said all you need to do is look around you for "proof" of God's existence...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »
"How can physical atoms and molecules, for example, create something that exists in a separate domain that has no physical existence: human consciousness?

Consciousness has no physical presence in the world. The images and thoughts in our consciousness have no measurable dimensions.  Yet, our nonphysical thoughts somehow mysteriously guide the actions of our physical human bodies."

so you saying if you can created something aka life
you are a god?

FYI, people been cloning animals doing GMO seed
i guess those scientist are god than

come back with another agrument

if you take the dog aka wolf family
you have many kinds thanks to special breeding program

God did not created man...man created god

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 09:11:12 AM »
^^ Not so.  Being able to clone something does not make you a god.  For one, you are just copying something that's already there to begin with....same problem with evolution...in order to be able to evolved, there has to be a beginning, a first cause.  Evolution does not addressed this first cause issue.  It only describes the aftereffects after the first cause has already occurred. 

Say you are a farmer, you got some seeds from somewhere and planted a huge farm with all sorts of plants, vegetation, etc.  Does that ability to plant so many vegetations make you into a god?  NO!  Because you didn't create anything...you only spread what has already been formed (seed). 

Same thing with humans and animals.  We reproduced through the act of sex between a male and female, sperms coming together inside a female's uterus, etc.  Does that process make the male and female into gods?  No.  Because we are only that farmer above....

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 11:52:03 PM »

so you saying if you can created something aka life
you are a god?

FYI, people been cloning animals doing GMO seed
i guess those scientist are god than

come back with another agrument

if you take the dog aka wolf family
you have many kinds thanks to special breeding program

SNIP and CRISPR is engineering.  The scientists are doing genetic engineering.  Creation in the sense of sacredness is to take nothing and make something.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 01:41:03 AM »
God is NOT on trial here.

It is not up to God to prove His own existence, for EVERY LIVING THING knows that He is.

There are only those who deny it.

I mean look at atheists. They do not look for evidence. They look for excuses to reject God.

Advertisements