Advertisement

Author Topic: Regarding shamans  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding shamans
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 12:20:28 AM »
^^^

Careful there, Dom. Somebody might call you Shamaphobic.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline TheAfterLife

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 05:07:17 PM »
Shamans are frauds.

True. The REAL shamans are the ones that we know of today which they are psychics. They are the ones that can REALLY see dead people from the other side.

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +237
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 07:04:38 PM »
When we compare apples to bananas we will never make sense of anything.  The roots of shamanism predate the scientific model.  Furthermore, the means and methods of shamanism is to deal with spiritual assault spilling over into the physical realm via the manifestation of a disrupted psyche.  Thus the means for shamanism is spiritual and the method are spiritual.  Modern medicine was developed post scientific model with the understand of human physiology, organic chemistry, hormones, genetics, etc...  Using the scientific method, modern medicine focuses of treating the physical through physiological or chemistry.  So as you see both institutions lay claim to improving the human but each do it from their own vantage.  Modern medicine is apathetic spirituality because t is a realm if it exists we lack the instruments to measure, and therefore without the instruments we won't have the measurement and without measurement we don't have data and without data it can't be scientific.  So no data and not real is the conclusion.  Yet, we see there are many things in which science haven't been able to measure. Maybe someday we learn there is a different dimension where our consciousness/essence goes.  To me, I am open and less strict due to my experiences.

One of these things is mental health.  I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised how many ignorant folks I come across that belief you can just give someone a zanax or klonopin thinking it will cure anxiety.  Even got some PHer who think it's that easy. 

I wish it was. Then my job wouldn't be needed. ^_^

Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Advertisements