Advertisement

Author Topic: Worst job experience you ever had.. care to share?  (Read 693 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Re: Worst job experience you ever had.. care to share?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »
I think my worst job experience happened in Thailand refugee camp.  This elderly hmong lady had a vegetable garden and she needed pigs/chicken manure to fertilized her garden - There was this particular sections in the camp where livestock were raised on a stilt house (house raised above the ground a little bit).  She instructed us to go underneath the stilt house, the part where the livestock lives, to collect pigs/chicken droppings.  In the hot sun, they became dry- and we would scoop them up into a large bag - The more we worked, the more dusty - Imagined:  hot, sweaty covered in pig/chicken manure.

Wage for the Day:  5 baht = 15 cents.

In the US:  I was a farm laborer in my teens - picked blueberries for the summer for a few summers.  Got up before dawn, walked a mile and half to get to pick up location.. Spend the whole day picking blueberries under the hot sun - carried the pickings to the weight stations to get pay.  My wage: $12 - $15 dollars per day (on a good day) but average $10 to $12

good choice.  :). Worst and best are in the mind of the observer.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline nkaujsee

• Respect: +310
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »
This recently happened to me and it's been 6 months since the incident.

When I first started for the Unit, my ex witch boss was the sweetest faker ever. Little did I know that she hired me in place of someone who she intended to fire. The previous employee left and took a demotion. I knew I was going to work for a micro manager. I knew taking this promotional opportunity wasn't going to be easy but I managed.

Through the years she became hell. Evil, indecisive, lack the leadership and had no trust in her employee. Had no life outside of work and would send me and other staff emails in the middle of the night of work assignments to be completed the following day. Scheduled meetings 3x a day and follow up so much on unnecessary cr.ap that a majority of our day consists of talking in meetings about what and how we should do assignments... and then more follow up cr@p.

I couldn't believe I was able to withstand 3 1/2 yrs. of my life working for this evil conniving witch. Assignments weren't even actual work flow that would benefit  others in the chain but it was more of her own need to micromanage and have us write up summaries for her own benefit, work of which she should be doing herself instead of delegating.

It was to the point that I could not eat and sleep. It was mental and physical torture of hell.

I got fed up since there were other personnel matters involved so I went up directly to the main chain of command and requested to be moved and now I am in another Unit doing so much better. The sucky part of it is that I still have to see her but I do not have to work directly under her control.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +273
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 09:57:28 PM »
nKAUjSee!

Well since you put up a story, I guess I have too!

Anyways, this job was at mcdonalds.

I was like man... all these food around me!!!  I want to eat it!  But I know it'll just make me fat!

And cooking on the stove... it was so greasy... Man! everynight I get home I'd be just so greasy..

And we didn't have a washer and dryer and I just had two shirts... man!  I'd just have to wear the greasy shirt at work until laundry day comes.

Plus!  It was making my forehead greasey so I was breaking out in acne like on my forehead.

And then one day, I went to work and it seemed like everyong called out for the evening shift and the afternoon shift folks wasn't going to stay over, they helped out like for an hour or so and had to go home or go play(they're just a bunch of kids what do you expect)..

Anyways... so it was just me, the manager, and one guy... and we were doing ok but then we got slammed... 

The manager was doing the drive thru and she was taking orders in window 1, then giving out the food in window 2 and the customer's asked her if twins was working there!  I mean cheezez!!! Halarious!

Anyways... I was thinking in my head, why doesn't she just shut the store down.  I mean we only have 3 people working!  It wasn't like it was late and we could just work it out... it was like ... it was like from 4 pm to 10 pm!  I was like cheezez!

And then for some reason I just got fed up, there was just too many orders... and so I was like "man! I quit!  and I just walked out... customer's were upset and line was backed up...

I just didn't understand why she just didn't close the store down...  and it was like 5 pm... and then as I exited mcdonalds, I felt sorrie for the manager, she was a cute girl... we were friends and she was a good person too..

So I felt bad for leaving them in that spot like that...

I think I had something to do that night too... I cant remember..

But I felt bad for that girl so when I got to my car, I just turned around and came back and started cooking some burgers.

And one of the worst thing that happened to me there...anyway s, I was taking out the trash and I was bent over... and this girl she slapped my butt like so hard.. it wasn't even like a pat a or a playful slap... she winded her hand back and hit it with a lot of power and it made the "smack" sound like super loud.. it hurt! In my head I was like "what the funk?!!?"  I turned around and looked and she kept a straight face and didn't laugh or anything and said "i just had too"...

True story! 

And another time this guy bought a samura sword... I'm not kidding... I'm busy cooking burgers on the grill and he comes in(he worked there too) with a samurai sword, it was big too... I was like "dude, what are you doing with that thing at work!?!?!?? that's to big to be slicing up tomatoes!"...

Cheezez!!!

And then when I quit that place,  I went to work at the grocery story across the place and I was working night shift stocking shelves.. anyways it was just me and another guy... and we decided to take like a 2 hour lunch because we were ahead of schedule.. so we climbed up onto the roof of the grocery store.. hung out up there and talk trash about co-workers and we saw mcdonalds and they had a little playland there with the ball pit, and we was like, "yo, lets go play in there" and so we ran across the street and climbed the fence and we was in there and sliding on the slide into the ball pit".

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements