Advertisement

Author Topic: Worst job experience you ever had.. care to share?  (Read 325 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: Worst job experience you ever had.. care to share?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »
I think my worst job experience happened in Thailand refugee camp.  This elderly hmong lady had a vegetable garden and she needed pigs/chicken manure to fertilized her garden - There was this particular sections in the camp where livestock were raised on a stilt house (house raised above the ground a little bit).  She instructed us to go underneath the stilt house, the part where the livestock lives, to collect pigs/chicken droppings.  In the hot sun, they became dry- and we would scoop them up into a large bag - The more we worked, the more dusty - Imagined:  hot, sweaty covered in pig/chicken manure.

Wage for the Day:  5 baht = 15 cents.

In the US:  I was a farm laborer in my teens - picked blueberries for the summer for a few summers.  Got up before dawn, walked a mile and half to get to pick up location.. Spend the whole day picking blueberries under the hot sun - carried the pickings to the weight stations to get pay.  My wage: $12 - $15 dollars per day (on a good day) but average $10 to $12

good choice.  :). Worst and best are in the mind of the observer.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements