Advertisement

Author Topic: Wonder Woman  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Wonder Woman
« on: June 07, 2017, 11:14:29 AM »
Growing up, Wonder Woman was a TV series I watch religiously.  I even got the series on DVD and so looking forward to the movie. 

Finally saw it yesterday and I still prefer the TV series.  In the old series, I like how Diana Prince did the twist and "pow" she became Wonder Woman ready to fight villains. The "twist" was her transformation from ordinary to super hero.  Other Superheros have their own transformation:  Clark Kent disappearing in some places away from public eye - emerges as Super man, Peter Paker same thing... Bat Man...same thing...

But in this movie - no transformation .  And the little transformation we did see - was when she took off her cape and wow -la the wonder woman custom underneath we were hoping for.  The element of transformation from the ordinary to the super hero is missing so we're just left with this tough Amazonian fighter who dresses like what we assume to be Wonder Woman...

Overall, it was ok.  Good to see a strong powerful woman on the screen but as Wonder Woman...hmmmm. ...it's going to take some adjusting...

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder Woman
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:37:29 AM »
I give it a 3.75 stars out of 5 so "Wonder Woman" was worth my money.. O0

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:18:22 AM »
No spinning transformation?! Heck no I ain't watching it  ;D

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:45:22 AM »
No spinning transformation?! Heck no I ain't watching it  ;D
No spinning ;D ;D ;D and I was so looking forward to that ;D ;D ;D Well, some sort of transformation from ordinary to super hero would be fine too..... but no, wow -la - cape came off and there - the wonder woman outfit.   

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 11:52:42 AM »
She has to be hot.  Some men are stupid.  Put a hot chick in a flick n there goes your audiences.  Show some clevage n get more hits to views. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Vince_Xiong

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 12:26:07 AM »
Out of 10, I'd personally give it a 9. I thought the story and her origin story was told well. Nothing too confusing or too draggy. The cinematography and color palette was phenomenal. It had humor, action, heroism, romance, pretty much a touch of everything. Even the music scores were beautiful. Gal Gadot's portrayal of Wonder Woman was great in my opinion. Same with the rest of the cast and crew. The only minor problem I had was that they had underdeveloped villains. But I totally understand that they were focusing on Diana and Steve so we can connect with them more. Otherwise, the film was worth the money for me. Best DCEU film so far with Man of Steel in my opinion.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 02:41:29 AM »
Double Dubya still doing well at the box office.. O0

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 01:18:55 AM »
I have to say the Amazonians and Gal Gadot were amazingly awesome. At least their moves were athletic, unlike Scarlett Johansson who should never play an action hero! Yeah, like she doesn't look hooked up to wires when she does those spins.

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 10:04:52 AM »
I didn't like the movie.  Lots of things wrong with the movie.  Noticed her mom and aunt and everybody else on the island never aged while she grew?  It's a feel good movie, too much eye candy and little plot.  She never gets down and dirty in the fight scenes.  Too much CGI.  Wish the fight scene were like Hacksaw Ridge...

Vince_Xiong

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 03:05:51 PM »
Well, if you follow the comics, the Amazonians do not age so long as they stay in Themyscira. They are immortal on their hidden island. However, if they venture out of Themyscira, they do age along with the regular human beings. If I'm somehow wrong though, I do know that they age very slowly. So that's why Diana still looks young in Batman v Superman.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 07:47:59 PM »
Growing up, Wonder Woman was a TV series I watch religiously.  I even got the series on DVD and so looking forward to the movie. 

Finally saw it yesterday and I still prefer the TV series.  In the old series, I like how Diana Prince did the twist and "pow" she became Wonder Woman ready to fight villains. The "twist" was her transformation from ordinary to super hero.  Other Superheros have their own transformation:  Clark Kent disappearing in some places away from public eye - emerges as Super man, Peter Paker same thing... Bat Man...same thing...

But in this movie - no transformation .  And the little transformation we did see - was when she took off her cape and wow -la the wonder woman custom underneath we were hoping for.  The element of transformation from the ordinary to the super hero is missing so we're just left with this tough Amazonian fighter who dresses like what we assume to be Wonder Woman...

Overall, it was ok.  Good to see a strong powerful woman on the screen but as Wonder Woman...hmmmm. ...it's going to take some adjusting...

What I hate is that nobody friggin shoot her in the legs... they just kept shooting her shield. I meant the Batman and Superman movie. I have not seen this new Wonder Woman movie yet... and not going to watch it. Was not a fan of the tv series.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements