Advertisement

Author Topic: Climate Change - Data vs. Dogma  (Read 7657 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Climate Change - Data vs. Dogma
« on: June 07, 2017, 05:06:32 PM »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Climate Change - Data vs. Dogma
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:44:17 AM »
what's wrong with clean water and air?

God did not created man...man created god

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 01:26:56 PM »
The premise on climate change is that it is based upon scientific models and a lot of literature have been published.  I once had a discussion with a PhD, a few of them on different occasions and I said I don't believe in global warming and the predicted impact.  I said I believe climates do change as we've seen in history, ice age etc...  I said humans do impact the climate.  What I am holding judgement on is what is the impact given we know so little about the Earth's atmospheres.  What I mean by that is someone can describe a car and it parts and know the fuel is going to end but the said mechanic is not the engineers who designed and built the car.  The engineers understand the trade-offs in the design and the engineers designed with a purpose.  The mechanic doesn't know these things because the mechanic simply lacks the intimate knowledge.  Modern science today in my opinion is at the mechanic level.  If it was higher at the engineer level, man would be terra forming Mars and engineering the atmosphere of Mars to be livable.  A lot of people disagree with what I say because it's not science they are talking about, it's dogmatic institution.  This type of critical thinking or group think reminds me of the persecution of Galileo.  As you see in these videos, most of the naysayers are retired scientists whom in their final years are expressing their true belief because the neoliberals are fascist.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
what's wrong with clean water and air?

Nothing.  Climate change and clean air and water are not the same.  People conflate the issue then confound the result.  Ta no wonder this is not science but a religion.  Al Gore isn't a scientist.  He's a politician.  His goal is to influence Washington DC for certain groups who want new energy so they can enrich their pockets.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 02:17:44 PM »
Labels and name calling aside, I can agree the data is sparse and incomplete still.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 02:40:38 PM »
The premise on climate change is that it is based upon scientific models and a lot of literature have been published.  I once had a discussion with a PhD, a few of them on different occasions and I said I don't believe in global warming and the predicted impact.  I said I believe climates do change as we've seen in history, ice age etc... I said humans do impact the climate. What I am holding judgement on is what is the impact given we know so little about the Earth's atmospheres.  What I mean by that is someone can describe a car and it parts and know the fuel is going to end but the said mechanic is not the engineers who designed and built the car.  The engineers understand the trade-offs in the design and the engineers designed with a purpose.  The mechanic doesn't know these things because the mechanic simply lacks the intimate knowledge.  Modern science today in my opinion is at the mechanic level.  If it was higher at the engineer level, man would be terra forming Mars and engineering the atmosphere of Mars to be livable.  A lot of people disagree with what I say because it's not science they are talking about, it's dogmatic institution.  This type of critical thinking or group think reminds me of the persecution of Galileo.  As you see in these videos, most of the naysayers are retired scientists whom in their final years are expressing their true belief because the neoliberals are fascist.

you say it yourself
not me

"humans do impact the climate"

driving cars, burning coal, etc... impact the climate.
you say it false because of data, and you say you human impact the climate

lol too funny
make up your mind

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
Nothing.  Climate change and clean air and water are not the same.  People conflate the issue then confound the result.  Ta no wonder this is not science but a religion.  Al Gore isn't a scientist.  He's a politician.  His goal is to influence Washington DC for certain groups who want new energy so they can enrich their pockets.

of course they all link together
I ask you again

what's is wrong with clean water and air?

FYI, that ain't your morning fog

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 09:59:06 PM »
clean air and clean water is not climate change.  They are categorically three topics.  Also, humans impact climate.  That's natural.  Just like trees impact climate and mountains impact climate.  Why?  We are part of the ecosystem on earth, and to be part of the ecosystem is to have an impact on the said ecosystem.  Nobody can argue with that when the proposition is a tautology.  This is how people create red herring by starting a topic with a tautology and then leading to conclusion unrelated to the tautology.

I know China.  I spent a couple months living there.  I can assure you the smog is bad, and we don't know if the smog will cause the ice caps to melt.  That's what I mean about tautology leading to red herring.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:02:06 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 10:05:10 PM »
Labels and name calling aside, I can agree the data is sparse and incomplete still.

Fascism is not name calling.  Don't you think he neoliberals have been very militant in their suppression of other views?  Btw, I have the utmost respect for classical liberals and conservatives.  I also have a disdain for neoconservativ es too because they are straight up prejudice and borderline racist.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 07:03:11 AM »
clean air and clean water is not climate change.  They are categorically three topics.  Also, humans impact climate.  That's natural.  Just like trees impact climate and mountains impact climate.  Why?  We are part of the ecosystem on earth, and to be part of the ecosystem is to have an impact on the said ecosystem.  Nobody can argue with that when the proposition is a tautology.  This is how people create red herring by starting a topic with a tautology and then leading to conclusion unrelated to the tautology.

I know China.  I spent a couple months living there.  I can assure you the smog is bad, and we don't know if the smog will cause the ice caps to melt.  That's what I mean about tautology leading to red herring.

lol i don't understand your point

you say it yourself, human impact the earth and climate
trust me bro
they ain't nothing nature about 1,000 coal plant burning nonstop
there plenty of documentary out there about ice cap melting
i live in wisconsin
it is really dry these pass few winter, there were times where there were no snow

again
what is wrong with clean water and air?

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 01:26:12 PM »
In my programming class in high school, my teacher said, "little knowledge is a dangerous thing."  Some of us know a few terminologies and are already to make conclusions that the experts are wrong.  That was what my teacher meant.

In fact, the tobacco industry, the sugar and the supplement industries relies on creating small enough doubt to prevent a conclusion such as smoking causes cancer being made.  How did they do it?  They hire people ("expert") to come up with result that would contradict the main stream science.  Same thing is happening with global warming.  Certain people are attract to conspiracy theories.  Those people too find themselves attracted to these kind of claims by a few so called experts.

I would rather trust 99 climate scientists than 1 climate scientists.  Same with 99 doctors diagnose vs 1 doctor's diagnose.   

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 01:35:51 PM »
 :D

It's not PH if we don't have a contrarian.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »
In my programming class in high school, my teacher said, "little knowledge is a dangerous thing."  Some of us know a few terminologies and are already to make conclusions that the experts are wrong.  That was what my teacher meant.

In fact, the tobacco industry, the sugar and the supplement industries relies on creating small enough doubt to prevent a conclusion such as smoking causes cancer being made.  How did they do it?  They hire people ("expert") to come up with result that would contradict the main stream science.  Same thing is happening with global warming.  Certain people are attract to conspiracy theories.  Those people too find themselves attracted to these kind of claims by a few so called experts.

I would rather trust 99 climate scientists than 1 climate scientists.  Same with 99 doctors diagnose vs 1 doctor's diagnose.   

yup excalty

even if you don't believe in climate change
at least believe in clean water and air
nothing wrong having clean water and air

can't have any of those
if you always polluting

O0

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 01:04:41 AM »
C'mon. If Leonard DiCaprio, Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga says that we need to invest all our money into this climate change agreement then by golly their word is gold.  O0

Most climate change supporters only read bumper stickers and tweets. They don't care to read the details of the agreement and its impact on US residents.

I also find it funny that the same people who don't believe ISIS is a terrorist group and thus can't be stopped, think they can actually control not only the weather but earth's actual climate.

If these same people wielded such godly powers then why didn't they make it rain when they were experiencing a drought?

:idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Advertisements