Advertisement

Author Topic: Climate Change - Data vs. Dogma  (Read 7655 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Re: Climate Change - Data vs. Dogma
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »
Let me illustrate some points.

Proposition 1: man causes pollution (true statement)
Proposition 2: pollution is unhealthy to human (true statement)
Proposition 3: pollution is unhealthy to the environment (true statement)

Conclusion of 1, 2, and 3:  Pollution will cause planetary destruction to the earth of unimaginable proportion (leap of faith)).

When you take 3 truth statements and make a conclusion, the said conclusion is not nnecessary true.  In fact, the conclusion is exceptionally hard to prove.  If the conclusion is to be said to be true, we need significantly more objective data such that if we have the data it's probably too late.  That there is the conundrum.  This is why climate supporters are making a leap of faith.  Science doesn't take sides.  Science is self evident by the objective data such that nobody can deny it.  Science isn't popularity because science progresses forward through perturbation (aka noise  aka outliers aka innovation).  When science is entangled in politics like it is in climate science, it is not objective and becomes more about the political institution than the scientific institution.  Climate science is a lackey to politics and we know politics doesn't in innovate science because politics often shut oppositions up.  Politics often delay innovation as the church and state did to Galellio.  My greatest concern and I choose to take climate change as the platform to argue from is the independence of science from corruption.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 08:01:24 AM »

Conclusion of 1, 2, and 3:  Pollution will cause planetary destruction to the earth of unimaginable proportion (leap of faith)).

When you take 3 truth statements and make a conclusion, the said conclusion is not nnecessary true.  In fact, the conclusion is exceptionally hard to prove.  If the conclusion is to be said to be true, we need significantly more objective data such that if we have the data it's probably too late.  That there is the conundrum.  This is why climate supporters are making a leap of faith.  Science doesn't take sides.  Science is self evident by the objective data such that nobody can deny it.  Science isn't popularity because science progresses forward through perturbation (aka noise  aka outliers aka innovation).  When science is entangled in politics like it is in climate science, it is not objective and becomes more about the political institution than the scientific institution.  Climate science is a lackey to politics and we know politics doesn't in innovate science because politics often shut oppositions up.  Politics often delay innovation as the church and state did to Galellio.  My greatest concern and I choose to take climate change as the platform to argue from is the independence of science from corruption.

ok

let say that 99% of the science are wrong

my question to you is

what is wrong with having clean air and water?

i won't want to go around wearing a mask all day and drink lead water

God did not created man...man created god

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 08:04:47 AM »
In America we are so concern with the environment because almost all of our needs are fulfilled by our social fabric and harmony.  In third world country, their social fabric is torn and there is war and chaos, completely almost no harmony.  It is easy for us, the propspering people to criticize the leaders for are allowing pollution.  It is easy for these environmentali st to complain when what they should be doing is becoming a scientist or engineer if they cared so deeply about clean air and water.  Only scientist and engineers can design new paradigm shift in energy consumption to support the exponentially growing population.  No amount of conservation will solve the problem of over population.  I think I said this before, the problem isn't dirty energy like coal, the root cause that drives the need for dirty coal is population growth and demand in affordable energy.  A third world or becoming first world country will burn the cheapest fuel, and use their environment to satisfy the growing need of their population.  Those nation choose between food/shelter/safety over environment.  If the leader chooses environment people will riot.  even the staunched environmentali st who have gone off grid know their personal sacrifice will have zero effect because population growth will eradicate all their efforts.

Let me ask a question of you?  What do you choose?  Food/shelter/safety vs. clean environment.  I and many choose the prior out of necessity.  (See Maslow Hierarchy of Need to reference on necessity)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 08:13:56 AM »
Last point on this.  There is only one real solution: build cleaner energy and facilities to manage and dispose human waste.  Total war sounds easy but it doesn't solve the growth problem.  1 child policy is coercion of such policy places the burden on poor people more than rich.  As we struggle with the environment it is a much more complex problem than wishing for clean air and water.  There are social issues that needs addressing as well.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 08:52:12 AM »
you got to have a clean environment to have food/shelter/water/safety
right now, your food ain't being grow where you live
it being truck in

i live in upper wisconsin
there not alot of factory up here
we have some of the best fishing and hunting here

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 01:03:30 AM »
Why you gotta lie about northern Wisconsin.  Everybody knows the wolf river is dirty dirty.  The DNR rates upper Wisconsin area around Fremont and down very bad.  The wood and paper industries near the borde of Wisconsin and Canada dumps tons of pollutant.  People like you don't seem to care because your need today far exceed your health tomorrow.  This point is what I've been trying to tell you.  You demonstrate my point well.

Nice looking white bass are the ones from North Dakota 15 years ago before the fracking.  Today they aren't as pretty.  Your white bass is dark.  It's been in dirty water.

Like this post: +1

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 08:26:25 AM »
Why you gotta lie about northern Wisconsin.  Everybody knows the wolf river is dirty dirty.  The DNR rates upper Wisconsin area around Fremont and down very bad.  The wood and paper industries near the borde of Wisconsin and Canada dumps tons of pollutant.  People like you don't seem to care because your need today far exceed your health tomorrow.  This point is what I've been trying to tell you.  You demonstrate my point well.

Nice looking white bass are the ones from North Dakota 15 years ago before the fracking.  Today they aren't as pretty.  Your white bass is dark.  It's been in dirty water.

that's what i am trying to say bro

WHAT IS WRONG WITH CLEAN WATER AND AIR?

the answer is:  NOTHING, we need more of those

trust me, at least there fish here
we got folks coming from illinois, iowa and even MN
cause their lake and river are soo pollute fish don't even live there no more

because there less pollution here
notice how i say less

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 10:35:26 AM »
Let me say first I mean no ill will about what it is I am going to say.  I'm going to use you to illustrate my point now that I know you live in fox valley and understand the fox valley issue.  20+ years ago when I started fishing in the fox valley area the white bass was cleaner and biggger.  They are called white bass for a reason.  Now they are dark, tinted and brown.  They are dirty now.  Wisconsin river has cleaner fish per DNR.  20+ years ago The Fox Valley area were:
1) less population
2) less pollution
3) more clean fish
4) more clean water and air
5) less opportunities
6) less companies by market size

Around 20- years ago Wisconsin made Fox Valley an area of targeted growth versus SE Wisconsin.  Why?  Affordable properties, less regulation, and etc... major companies started to spring up and grow rapidly making Fox Valley area a super desirable place to live affordably.  It is exactly the tensions I've been describing to you that you can say, I don't need a four year degree to live a good life and travel.  You see the industrial growth is why you can haha and complain about needing clean air and clean water, have a good paying job, live in an affordable area, and travel.  You take the pollution away by increasing regulation the companies goes away, you lose your job, you can't travel and now don't care about clean air and clean water because your gut nervous system (brain) is way smarter than your head brain.

Today the fox valley:
1) more companies by market size
2) more opportunities
3) more population
4) more pollution
5) less fish
6) less clean air and water

Notice the trade off!?!?!  If yuh don't then I don't know how to explain this.  LOL!!

Let me make my position clear.  I am for clean air and clean water when the technology can support it.  People needs supersedes nature.  Hopefully, you understand the topic a bit better now that I use your life as an example.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:40:22 AM by w1s3m0n »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 11:19:42 PM »
hmgRock doesn't understand:

- at what cost to what affect?

He doesn't understand that going bankrupt only to yield less than 1% improvement is a bad idea. More people will starve and die before we hit the 1%. But hey, at least hmgrock feels good about it, right?

hmrock comes from the school that thinks it is worth spending billions of dollars on a failing school as long as ONE student graduates. One student graduating is convincing enough to keep spending billions on this same school year after year.

Yeah, let's not give it to the school with a high rate of graduating students.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »
hmgRock doesn't understand:

- at what cost to what affect?

He doesn't understand that going bankrupt only to yield less than 1% improvement is a bad idea. More people will starve and die before we hit the 1%. But hey, at least hmgrock feels good about it, right?

hmrock comes from the school that thinks it is worth spending billions of dollars on a failing school as long as ONE student graduates. One student graduating is convincing enough to keep spending billions on this same school year after year.

Yeah, let's not give it to the school with a high rate of graduating students.

Only one person need clean air and water?

Lol

What's wrong with clean water and air???
Shoot even if you don't believe in climate change
What is wrong with clean water and air

I just don't understand

We got all these technology to do this
Get away from coal
So people stop getting asthma

Blongforever

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 09:41:14 AM »
Highlights of my elementary understanding of the issues of climate change.

*Climate change has been there even before the "Big Bang theory". 

*Human is the worse creature ever existed in earth as far as impacting or exacerbating climate problems.

*environmentalists believe we can slow down the worsening of climate change by taking responsibility on our own action.

*Righwinger/tea baggers believe we have little impact in climate change so wtf are we even focus on such insignificant issue?  Instead, focus on our pockets.

can

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 01:08:57 PM »

you don't understand climate change. it's not for preserving the world for the sake of the world. it's for human survival. duh.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »
lol

all these joker

what is wrong with clean water and air?

don't you know flint, michigan been going through a water crisis for a couple of years now

even obama won't drink it
he just lick his lips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhbNlvjClOU

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2018, 07:25:47 PM »
you don't understand climate change. it's not for preserving the world for the sake of the world. it's for human survival. duh.

Classic fear monger.  Climate change advocate always use the end of the world like religious leader to control the mass.  Like religious leader they are fear mongering the ignorant into following order.  Anybody who knows anything about growth and decay model or sterilization knows that highly resilient organisms like humans don't die even with 99% decimation.  Your kill rate has to be higher like 99.99999% to be consider sterile.  So unless a model can show sterility of the world caused by climate change, there's nothing to worry.  Obviously a lot of devastation and suffering but the race will continue.  Suppose a 99% decimation of the human population, with a 50% generational growth, it only take a few hundred years to overpopulate at 7B again if we have the current modern science.  So I don't see how fear monger actually helps here.  If we really care about clean air and water, we have to build the technology.  Why aren't the advocates going to engineering/science school to do this?  We can complain about this for another thousand year and no solution will come if someone doesn't put the problem to pen and paper and draft up the scientific solution.  The scientific solution will not be Americans will pay 10x while India/China prosper using the energy advantage.  With a 10x energy advantage, China/India within 1-2 generation can outmaneuver American economically.  How will our grand kids like being third place because some idealistic baloney crap caused us to falter from a dominant position.  All I'm saying is be pragmatic and results should be in comparison to China/India.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 07:26:45 PM »
We don't want dirty water and air.  We got great water quality and air in most area of America.  It's better than China and India by multiple factors.

lol

all these joker

what is wrong with clean water and air?

don't you know flint, michigan been going through a water crisis for a couple of years now

even obama won't drink it
he just lick his lips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhbNlvjClOU

Advertisements