Advertisement

Author Topic: Vacation Tour Packages  (Read 8875 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation Tour Packages
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 02:29:56 PM »
Ok, hope to retrace your steps and if I get lost, you can direct my way.   

I haven't been travelling as much as you have but I'm starting one destination per year.   I start late so I still have lots of catching up to do.

How often do you travel in a year (for enjoyment/pleasure)?

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Renaissance

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 04:48:33 PM »
Ok, hope to retrace your steps and if I get lost, you can direct my way.   

I haven't been travelling as much as you have but I'm starting one destination per year.   I start late so I still have lots of catching up to do.

How often do you travel in a year (for enjoyment/pleasure)?

Go while you are still young and able to.  Our youngest just turned 18 so we can just pick up and go.  The only obstacle for us is money and time.  When we have money, we don't have time.  When we have time, there is no money...LOL.  We try to get away once a year just the 2 of us (end of November we went to Thailand for 2 weeks).  Every other year we do a family vacation.  We also do small domestic get-away also every year (last year we were in NC in March and Fl in June).  This year we will do Australia, Fiji and New Zealand for a month so we won't have time to do the smaller get-away.  I'm already planning for next year.  Maybe French Polynesia (2 weeks) or Holland (1 week), but not sure yet.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 09:04:56 AM »
You almost have an empty nest which makes it easier to do the things you wanted to do.  Enjoy your travels, wonderful.   I still have a few years and on top of that I'm pressed for time n yes a little $$ would be great.  I have an average of 1 weekend per month free for family and the rest busy busy busy.  Hopefully this year, I'll be less busy.

I'm thinking of heading to FL either in May or June.  how was the weather in June when you were there last? 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Renaissance

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 10:17:43 AM »
You almost have an empty nest which makes it easier to do the things you wanted to do.  Enjoy your travels, wonderful.   I still have a few years and on top of that I'm pressed for time n yes a little $$ would be great.  I have an average of 1 weekend per month free for family and the rest busy busy busy.  Hopefully this year, I'll be less busy.

I'm thinking of heading to FL either in May or June.  how was the weather in June when you were there last?

We were in Orlando and Tampa.  It was hot and muggy.  I don't mind it though.  We were close to either the swimming pool or the beach most of the time....  O0

Have fun on your trip!

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
 O0 O0

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 05:01:21 PM »
I'm working on a deal with this one travel agency where if you fly to Asia country let's say for $500, when you get back, they pay you $499 in refund.  Sounds too good to be true?  That is why I am still doing my research on them. 

Did you know that flying to China now is dirt cheap?  They consider it as off season as Chinese New year is around the corner to entice more flyers back home to visit their people.  What are we looking at here?  Same price or cheaper than Hawaii in the $400 for round trip n be closer to rocket man n friends.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Renaissance

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 12:26:11 PM »
I'm working on a deal with this one travel agency where if you fly to Asia country let's say for $500, when you get back, they pay you $499 in refund.  Sounds too good to be true?  That is why I am still doing my research on them. 

Did you know that flying to China now is dirt cheap?  They consider it as off season as Chinese New year is around the corner to entice more flyers back home to visit their people.  What are we looking at here?  Same price or cheaper than Hawaii in the $400 for round trip n be closer to rocket man n friends.

Let us know what you find out about the refund through the agency.  My suspicion is that they will pay for your air fare to go to that destination so that you will have to take their tour.  These tours will most likely take you to places with resorts/shops/restaurants where they bank that you will end up buying from them.  My guess is that its theses businesses (resorts/shops/restaurants) that are paying the agency to fly people there.  Do you know if you have to be pre-qualified to take advantage of the refund (such as income qualification)?

Been to China connecting flights but never stepped foot on China soil.  Would like to see the culture and taste the food.

Advertisements