Advertisement

Author Topic: Transformers: The last knight  (Read 7386 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers: The last knight
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 01:27:04 AM »
Well it's not difficult. Load a movie with action scenes and explosions.

The only way to do transformers completely wrong is to do what they did with the Power Rangers movie.
Made it a movie where you can't market the toys.

A show meant to show off and sell toys. stick to that and you got it.

Regardless of how they do it, they found the right formula to keep their Transformer franchise going. Based on their success over the years, there's no denying that more people enjoy their movies than those that don't.

With that said, I think their Transformer franchise is cooling off as the latest installment still beat the competitions over the weekend but it only earned about $70 million at the domestic box office, not their usual $100 million plus like in the past.

But then again, that tends to be the trend for many movie franchises...A fter so many Terminator, Rocky, Fast and Furious, Pirates of the Caribbean, Friday The 13th, etc., movies, it cools off.

Bottomline is, Big budget movie producers are in the business to make a profit so if their movies make a profit, it's a success for them..

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 01:31:22 AM »
Not as goood as the other ones. Just got done watching it like 2 hrs ago....

Looks like it'll be DVD or Netflix for me as the promos have not motivated me enough to go check it out at the theater.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »
The story line, we may already know.  Why do i watch it?

I missed my transformer.  I watched for that new transformer that gets debut.  Dino bots?  I had grimlock toy back in the 80s.  Maybe it was more of my fascination to dinosaurs but as big as prime, grimlock is bigger than dude. 

But even then, they made dude to look more like the American version of godzilla. 

I want to see more special bots like 5 guys coming together to become a giant bot.  Stuntacon.  Areobot. But it'll be too much for micheal bay n crew to pull it through without rely too heavily on cgi. 

Glad they kept prime voice though.  Now that is the voice of a leader. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 07:45:36 PM »
I think the bootleg I saw missed a few minutes. I didn't see them combine! T_____T
I was waiting for that part so much.

---------------
I saw it.

As a transformers movie: It sucked. They were barely in it. Megatron was in like what 5 min?  Optimus was the introduction and the climax. You barely saw any transformers. 

As a post apocalyptic movie with robots: this premise is interesting.  Sadly it wasn't really there.

There wasn't alot of the comedic relief moments so there's that.
The major flaw imo (other than lack of robots). The expositions just kept coming. One after the other.

As a movie overall: It's alright. It kept me entertained.  Wasn't as bad as critics rate it.

I'd give it a 6.5.  It lacks the
AUTOBOTS TRANSFORM!  :(

Can't we get one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gEgFDWZ0Og

or this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ghJVoOdwWg

Prime did not combine with any robots to form the 3-headed dragons. That dragons is formed by the Knights transformer. The only giant robot that were a combination of other robots were a decepticon, forgot his name... Infer something.
Stupid that they Megatron handpicked his decepticons and have them quickly die.

I thought it was a stupid story line... having earth as Unicron and Quintessa as the creator of the transformers.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 11:59:40 PM »
I haven't seen it but the promos haven't done enough for me to go watch it at the theater so it'll be  Netfix for me.

This might be the first Transformer movie that the domestic box office revenue won't cover production cost but with global and royalty revenues, they should still make a profit when the dust settles.

So far domestic box office numbers are comparable to Tom Cruise's "The Mummy", "Pirates of the Caribbean", and "The Fate of the Furious" in terms of 2017 big budget films.

As mentioned, it's normal for movie franchises to fizzle out after so many versions.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 06:50:58 PM »
Worst Transformers movie of all time. It was stupid, dumb, confusing, and boring. After we got done with the movie my boys asked me if I like it, I just told them that it was okay. They also ask me which was my favorite part and it was so hard to answer them because it was just that boring! But deep down inside I just want to say it fawking sukk big time!  >:( >:( >:(

can

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 08:28:35 PM »
saw this movie and at the end there's a scene showcasing there's going to be more  :idiot2:

i'm not even going to rate

Advertisements