Advertisement

Author Topic: Everybody is Born Knowing God  (Read 7982 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Re: Everybody is Born Knowing God
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 12:45:25 PM »
I'm not sure if I'm wording it correctly but I believe the genetic code behind DNA is the source code. I maybe wrong but DNA is essentially code or blueprint. Yet we still need a DNA sample to create instead of using the code & blueprint from DNA to create.

As for 1 & 0 I'm not sure. I accept it currently, but that's only through human perception and current technology standards. I have doubts it's a universal standard.

An example I can think of is time.  On Earth, current standard time is 24hours=1 day. But this standard doesn't apply to the other planents in the solar system, each will have it's own standard. There is no universal standard of time that we understand as of yet. But regardless time still flows in the universe. We do have estimates of the universe's age, but it's still measured by human standards. As they say "It's relative."

Time is relative and this is demonstrated with Quantum Mechanics that time does not flow in a linear fashion as we observe on earth.  What QM is showing us is our notion of time is not natural.  We define 12 months, 24 hours, 60 minutes and 60 seconds.  There is no natural law that says this is time.  Whereas DNA is discovered and not defined, and it is natural.  What this means is the source code written of DNA was written by some nature.  Who, what, etc... is this nature, we don't know.  Einstein a student of Spinoza would say as a naturalist that the Universe is G0D and the Universe did it.  Theologians and students of religion would say God did it.  Here lies the leap of faith that all mortal men make...whether the Universe called G0D or the G0D called G0D, it's all a leap of faith simply because we lack the observable and repeatable data.  Regardless of what it is, we all inherently seek this object of affection that we know not of...perhaps the OP is right that we know G0D before we are born, and perhaps my addition that it's in our collective unconsciousnes s or genetic memory is plausible.  Perhaps this is why we seek to understand our beginnings in hopes of know what lies at the beginning -- something greater than us.  Or, it could be a delusion.  We will never know will we, because there is evidence for it and lack of evidence for it.  The Greeks thought the gods were too playful to man...perhaps their viewpoint hold some water.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:57:03 PM by w1s3m0n »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 10:56:18 PM »
In the matter of God, all the evidence is there. Agnostics and atheists don't need more evidence, they are in denial of the evidence.

Everybody is born knowing God. As plain as the nose on your face before you know to call it a nose.

The notion that God has the burden of proof is absurd. Your nose doesn't have to prove itself.  :idiot2:

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 01:12:02 AM »
In the matter of God, all the evidence is there. Agnostics and atheists don't need more evidence, they are in denial of the evidence.

Everybody is born knowing God. As plain as the nose on your face before you know to call it a nose.

The notion that God has the burden of proof is absurd. Your nose doesn't have to prove itself.  :idiot2:

If all evidence is there then we wouldn't need faith.  Reason alone would be sufficient but such would contradicts the doctrine of sola fides -- faith alone.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 04:50:34 PM »
BNM has the point... all the evidence were there under our nose. It doesn't mean we should sniff cocaine and start hallucinating God speaking the truth.  Pardon my sarcastic joke there. ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 07:52:23 AM »
i don't think people are born knowing god
take me for example
my folks were never in church

yeah we do shaman party
but that was like once in a while
my folks ain't that hardcore

its more like if we have money than we do shaman

what im trying to say is people don't born knowning god
they are taught
i certain don't know
because i was never taught
and many other in the world don't

God did not created man...man created god

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 03:04:11 PM »
The concept of god is really hard so hard that educated people have a hard time with it.  I often wonder how the heck did a bunch of caveman and nomad come up with it.  I don't think God is a concept a person of high intelligence can come up with.  I think it takes someone that transcends intelligence into some other dimension of thought/knowledge to pull that rabbit out.  If we are to think rationally about the concept of god, it only makes sense.

Btw, I'm not arguing for god, I'm discussing the ontological nature of the concept of god.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:06:50 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 10:36:57 PM »
Possible. But what if what we know of God isn't the God that was originally thought of or created. Could very well be someone's imaginary friend, say a superman like character. And then through a bad game of telephone, it became the god we know of today.  Language changes meanings and we see it happening all the  time. Could very well be t hat it happened like that as well.

What you are suggesting is called apotheosis - the process to deify an individual or object to godhood.  Buddha is a classic example of how even though the Buddha teaches there is no god, certain Buddhist sect have apotheosis the Buddha into the greatest of all god.  We know apotheosis exists and have ample examples to verify.  We even know deities can be created by man to control man.  The idea is if we get 90% of the population to believe in god then they will be obedient and peace loving, while the 10% don't hold firm belief and can take advantage of the 90%.  In economics, they call this a competitive advantage...LO L!  The question I have raised\ isn't about motives or advantages.  The question is the ontology of god.  Hear me out because this is the complex part.  We know the universe is BILLIONS of years old.  We know the first archaeological evidence of god/deity dates over 500,000 years!  I find it very, very hard cavemen can come up with the concept of god.  These guys can't read, can't write, can't count, can't reason, etc...  Frankly, in my opinion cavemen are a tad better than monkeys of today.  If we find no evidence for monkeys to worship god, who taught man to worship god?  Doesn't that make you think twice!?!?  LOL!!!

Ask yourself this question too.  What is more complex, counting to 10 or trying to understand a concept of god?  If we are to look at the history of mathematics, counting 1,2,3 came before the notion of infinity (immeasurable, all powerful) which is a concept related to god.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:43:25 PM by w1s3m0n »

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 06:06:14 AM »
If I find a quote from the Bible that relates to this topic I'm sure y'all be shaking y'all balls off and going berserk toward me.  ;D ;D

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 01:44:00 PM »
If I find a quote from the Bible that relates to this topic I'm sure y'all be shaking y'all balls off and going berserk toward me.  ;D ;D

Sharing is caring.   ;D

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 06:25:46 PM »
I was gonna share the quote from the Bible, but I realize y'all probably can't figure out what it meant.  ;D

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 11:11:59 PM »
If all evidence is there then we wouldn't need faith.  Reason alone would be sufficient but such would contradicts the doctrine of sola fides -- faith alone.

Evidence alone doesn't necessarily lead to belief. But the two aren't mutually exclusive of each other either. This is why an atheist can look at the same evidence but it doesn't lead him to believe. There is no faith in the atheist.

In fact, I'm willing to say that evidence does the exact opposite for the atheist because of his lack of faith. The more evidence there is, the more rejection there is. No FAITH.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 02:14:49 AM »
False! They know they WERE saved; however, they do not acknowledge it. There reason: I don't want God or a god. The point is, "Some men are scums of the earth and would like to tell lies to make them feel like a god of their own."

It's like going to I-hop and forcing the restaurant to make a McDonald burger. That's wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptnv250tn5Y

Here's the example of atheism...

I'm not sure where you and I disagree.  ???

The atheist rejects the evidence because it makes him feel in control. He is then his own god.

Advertisements