Advertisement

Author Topic: The King  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
The King
« on: July 01, 2017, 11:15:08 AM »
How are you adjusting to fatherhood? 

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: The King
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:09:33 AM »
How are you adjusting to fatherhood?

So far so good. It's everything I've planned for. The feeding, bathing, diaper changing, rocking her to sleep, etc., are in full motion. We've been told that we got lucky with our little girl as she sleeps through the night so our sleep patterns haven't changed much.

Even though our lives are a bit more busy now with the new addition, we still do the things we enjoy like eating the food we like, going to places, etc., My wife and I just stopped by one of her favorite Italian restaurants for some steak and pasta, and it was yum as usual.   O0

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:57:29 AM »
That's great. It will change some once she got a tad older.  ;D

That's the way it should be, keep doing what you like but include the little one whenever you can.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 09:37:19 AM »
That's great. It will change some once she got a tad older.  ;D

That's the way it should be, keep doing what you like but include the little one whenever you can.

Yep, we take her where ever we go as she's our sole responsibility . We'll see with her sleeping pattern as some new born just keep on sleeping well as they grow older based on data and research...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 01:13:25 PM »
Wonderful!  This advice was given to me many many years ago:    Don't hold your baby too much otherwise he/she gets accustom to being held and your two hands will be busy holding a baby, can't do other things. 

Avoid this habit will be much easier for you, your wife, and anyone taking care of her later on.

Just a small suggestions.

Another one, have your wife stick w/ the chicken diet and other suggestions on self care for new mothers.  Way back then,  even though I was a skeptic I still follow through just in case and now in my older years, it pays off even though I was a skeptic then.  Those old folks, they know what they're talking about. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »
Wonderful!  This advice was given to me many many years ago:    Don't hold your baby too much otherwise he/she gets accustom to being held and your two hands will be busy holding a baby, can't do other things. 

Avoid this habit will be much easier for you, your wife, and anyone taking care of her later on.

Just a small suggestions.

Another one, have your wife stick w/ the chicken diet and other suggestions on self care for new mothers.  Way back then,  even though I was a skeptic I still follow through just in case and now in my older years, it pays off even though I was a skeptic then.  Those old folks, they know what they're talking about. 

Yep, good tip about the enabling part (holding baby too much) as we read about it too during our research phase.

As far as the "chicken diet" goes, I'm sure it's fine but there are other diets that are just as good based on our research so she's not on the chicken diet. In fact she went back to her regular diet after eating the hospital food as there's nothing wrong with that either based on our research.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 03:45:07 PM »
Another researchers said is don't let the baby sleep with you for too long as it'll cause attachment anxiety too...

Advertisements