Advertisement

Author Topic: Equality Is Not Enough, We Need More Equity  (Read 1564 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Equality Is Not Enough, We Need More Equity
« on: July 03, 2017, 01:37:18 AM »
Equity and equality is a topic that needs discussing.  Equality doesn't not recognize efficacy, it only recognize equal access similar resource.  We know resources are not built the same and the efficacy can be very different.  To build a better tomorrow we need to examine efficacy like how doctors treat patients using drugs with proven efficacy.  To treat with efficacy, we must provide the proper resource (equity) for each unique case.  To me the greater problem is can we afford equity and efficacy?  Or can we afford not to give equity and efficacy?  Questions that need further debating.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Re: Equality Is Not Enough, We Need More Equity
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 01:58:49 AM »
The problem is that a great percent of the population (liberals) have a distorted definition of "equality". They don't believe in equality, they only believe in equal outcomes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R80WHd4JrRE

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 04:00:18 PM »
The problem is that a great percent of the population (liberals) have a distorted definition of "equality". They don't believe in equality, they only believe in equal outcomes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R80WHd4JrRE

Over simplified and very irritating to watch.  The presenter is very ignorant on the complexity of the topic.  This is more of the haves using religion to pacify the stupid.  Absolutely nothing to do with equity.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 08:28:01 AM »
I couldn't agree more. The problem is many individuals do not understand equity, but they recognize it. They often confuse it with equality.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 02:12:26 AM »
Over simplified and very irritating to watch.  The presenter is very ignorant on the complexity of the topic.  This is more of the haves using religion to pacify the stupid.  Absolutely nothing to do with equity.

Ben Shapiro is definitely not ignorant or over-simplifying the complexity of the topic.

And the stupid are those who keep voting for systems that create the perfect environment for the haves to rule over them.

Advertisements