Advertisement

Author Topic: How to get out of a relationship  (Read 8733 times)

Offline Meestahh_Prince

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: How to get out of a relationship
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 12:56:02 AM »
How do you get out of a relationship that you feel you are stuck in? Having been broken hearted before, you don't want to be the one to break anyone's heart. However, your partner isn't exactly who you want in life, and you only discover this after dating for a few years. Your religious beliefs are different and you guys do not see eyes to eyes on many different things. Plus, the relationship is so boring, nothing exciting at all. You feel that if you marry this person, your life with this person will lack many things and will definitely crave many things as well. This person's family already accepted you and are just waiting for you guys to be married. Your family already accepted this person as well. How do you get out of such a relationship when you can tell already that you won't be satisfied later on, but this person isn't willing to let go of you? How do you end this without being the bad guy?

No relationship is ever easy and doesn't require effort to make it a great one if you believe otherwise you're still a child at an adolescent phase believing Santa is real. If you really don't have the appetite to invest any more effort into it, then just be upfront about it because he deserves someone who treasure him n puts effort for the relationship, not someone with temptation thought for other guys .

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 02:39:18 PM »
ooh, I got one..

Point gun to head, say "If you don't let me leave this relationship, I will pull the trigger!".

oh, and make sure the gun is either empty or filled with blanks.  O0

-HusH-

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 09:59:31 PM »
Ghost him.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 09:33:58 AM »
So, again, why did you get into it for a few years? Why not leave early before it's too hard to detach from it?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 09:49:00 AM »
Here's a strategy some people use - I don't recommend because it's  heartless  and cowardly but some people are a pro at it:

Disappearing act

I think people who went into  a relationship w/ the best intention will not have a problem w/ honest communication when things don't work out vs. people who went into a relationship w/ not so good intention.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 10:22:14 AM »
people may not want to admit but the best way to get out of a relationship is to cheat.  often times, when you have someone else, you could careless of the present person's actions/feelings or whatnot...make s it easier to get out.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 12:00:55 PM »
Here's a strategy some people use - I don't recommend because it's  heartless  and cowardly but some people are a pro at it:

Disappearing act

I think people who went into  a relationship w/ the best intention will not have a problem w/ honest communication when things don't work out vs. people who went into a relationship w/ not so good intention.
That happens enough that there's a term for it now: Ghosting.  Someone mentioned it above.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 12:58:51 PM »
Disappearing = ghosting, interesting.

Personally, I think using ghosting or disappearing act to end a relationship is immoral, heartless and cowardly.  Even I would not do that to my worst enemy so it's hard for me to comprehend the rational unless a person is selfish.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

P90xbox

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 02:02:30 AM »
don't know the real reason or story...but when you don't feel the same or realize you never truly loved that person like you thought, then just own up to it and say you weren't being true to yourself or to him/her....most people i thin would be cool if you're honest and just admit you duck up. but if you got a psycho ass partner then either you abandon them or shoot them if they come near you.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 02:08:36 AM »
I can help u out of relationship.  Just say u fawk with me.  I'll clean up your story.  U owe nobody anything.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 03:20:34 AM »
Hello?  Hola this is Duma, did we get disconnected?

Maybe NXT time I'mma go to sleep

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 12:44:32 AM »
Just tell them that you want to break up and then stop responding to them afterwards if they try to make contact.

Diamond

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »
Just tell him the truth and let him know what the future my be like if you were to force yourself to be with him. Sometimes the spark may not be there anymore, because you both got comfortable. Maybe talking to him and telling him why you feel this way will change for the better to. However, if you know that you no longer love this person and is not willing to compromise anymore, then it's better to just let him go no matter how hard he tries to hold on. You don't want to do this to him 10 years later when he has already committed so much.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 07:46:42 PM »
In your case perhaps honesty is the best policy. Better to go separately now than later.

TICKLEfetish

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 09:21:21 PM »
Here's the messed up thing about situations like this. 

You break it off nice and sweet and say that we can still be friends...the other person keeps calling with the hope that you might just fall in love with them again. 

You break it off hard...they hate you...but they know it's over.  The other person can move on.  You can move on. 

Playing nice just complicates things.  No need for that.  It's human nature.  Just don't break it off so badly that they egg and toilet paper your house and key your car. 

;D  :P  :2funny:

Advertisements