Advertisement

Author Topic: Vaulted Ceiling Window Treatments  (Read 11745 times)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Vaulted Ceiling Window Treatments
« on: July 14, 2017, 12:43:28 PM »
I'm planning on redecorating and have been browsing online for vaulted ceiling window treatments.  It's difficult to find a place that sells two-story window curtains.  There are custom made ones but those can be costly and not easily returned.  I have also thought of going to the fabric store and making my own.  Anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:33:56 AM by tRouBLe »

Like this post: 0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: Vaulted Ceiling Window Treatments
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:04:31 AM »
Your best bet will be shopping online, just make sure you know the size and length need. You may also find a store that you can order directly from them in person.

Like this post: +1
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

winerice

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:55:26 PM »
make your own if  you can.....those are hard to look for it.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:52:33 AM »
Your best bet will be shopping online, just make sure you know the size and length need. You may also find a store that you can order directly from them in person.

There were some online that I thought I may like BUT I would prefer to see and touch the curtains first before ordering.  Sometimes online pics can be deceiving or look different in reality.

make your own if  you can.....those are hard to look for it.

They are hard and limited.  I've looked at fabrics for DIY curtains and what I noticed were that the fabrics/design that I like, along with the length/width I need, may cost just as much or more as compared to some of the ones I've seen online.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 12:46:04 PM »
for a case of beer, I can make you one!  I may need your couch to sleep on, cause it may take me a few days! 

however, i would recommend you doing it yourself.  customize fabric, size and your own decor!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 03:44:06 PM »
Make your own.  I'll be doing that soon.  Only if you live in CA.  I'll take you to fashion District where you can find cheap fabric, beads, etc.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 07:05:45 AM »
for a case of beer, I can make you one!  I may need your couch to sleep on, cause it may take me a few days! 

however, i would recommend you doing it yourself.  customize fabric, size and your own decor!

If it's going to take that long, I'll pass.   ;D

Make your own.  I'll be doing that soon.  Only if you live in CA.  I'll take you to fashion District where you can find cheap fabric, beads, etc.

I've been looking at DIY videos and sites.  Too bad some of the fabrics I'm intrerested in are so costly.   :-\

Please do share once you're done.  I'd be interested in seeing it.   :)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:13:36 AM by tRouBLe »

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 07:23:50 AM »
I may end up doing it this way for the moment, until I can find something that I'm looking for (fabric, color, texture, style, price point, etc.).

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 11:44:45 AM »
I may end up doing it this way for the moment, until I can find something that I'm looking for (fabric, color, texture, style, price point, etc.).

You have to share your vault ceiling or window.  I don't have high ceiling in my home even though I lived in a 2 story.  I have high window in the hallway between the stairs. 

I've changed my bedroom design again.  Purple color but I still need a headboard or might make DIY....  I think the hardest is trying to find everything in one design or color.  I decide that deco around the bedroom can be solid color while my bedding will have pattern. 

I need a new hosting site to load photos.  It wasn't working with flick or whatever. 

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 12:14:16 PM »
Yup, no pic no care  ;D

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 07:14:52 PM »

This is one of them.  It's not really that dark but it came out that way.   :-\

@SummerBerry, I'm using imgur right now since photobucket changed their policy.  Are you thinking of the DIY upholstered headboards?  I've been looking at them or the tufted ones.

@ ProudLao, you're one to talk.   ::)  ;D

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:57:14 AM by tRouBLe »

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 10:01:23 PM »
I have two story windows, I don't do anything to them.  That's how I like it.

I made you read this.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 10:50:33 AM »
I have two story windows, I don't do anything to them.  That's how I like it.

I understand and some people do prefer that.

I want the ability to block out the sun light when watching tv, if needed, since it causes reflections and diminishes the picture quality....... ..AND I also like the look of the curtains too.   ;D

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 09:28:54 PM »
I understand and some people do prefer that.

I want the ability to block out the sun light when watching tv, if needed, since it causes reflections and diminishes the picture quality....... ..AND I also like the look of the curtains too.   ;D

How are you gonna close such high drapes?? Electronic curtain rods must be cheap these days...  ::)

From your picture, the TV should be on the same wall with the window. Instantly no more glare from window.  O0 :P

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 11:52:10 PM »

This is one of them.  It's not really that dark but it came out that way.   :-\

@SummerBerry, I'm using imgur right now since photobucket changed their policy.  Are you thinking of the DIY upholstered headboards?  I've been looking at them or the tufted ones.

@ ProudLao, you're one to talk.   ::)  ;D

I uploaded photos to Flickr but seem like I haven't figure out how to copy, paste, etc.  I look at DIY upholstered headboard and other styles on YouTube and Pinterest.  Wayfair has some that I like but sold out or get notify when they are in stock again.   

Advertisements