Advertisement

Author Topic: Sabbatical Leave  (Read 2096 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Sabbatical Leave
« on: July 19, 2017, 12:00:40 AM »
Have anyone ever taken a personal "sabbatical leave?"  How was it readjusting to corporate life?  The pressure, and the stress?  My daughter is two and I haven't worked a real day since she was born.  I intended 1 year sabbatical to rest and travel but instead I took two years instead to travel with my family across the country.  It seems after the first year I couldn't muster the discipline to work on my project even though I had a schema, half a business plan written, and knew I could build a prototype solution out in 6 months.  Perhaps things didn't work out exactly I had imagined so I avoided the project and let wanderlust bite me.  I'm a bit worry I've become dulled, lazy, and out of practice.  More importantly, I'm worried people are trusting me with a great deal of responsibility .  Usually I'm not negative, and perhaps this is signs of anxiety I need to reflect and mediate on to understand why. 

If you have done a sabbatical and have gone back to work give me some insights on your prep work to hit the ground running...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Re: Sabbatical Leave
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 02:49:15 AM »
Professors are lucky that they can go on paid sabbatical leave. 

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 04:47:13 PM »
I don't know if it will change anything.  Professors use sabbatical as a way to collaborate with new people and see new research and teaching that they can bring to their job.   In your case, you need break time to think about life and the direction of your life.  Some people want to travel back in time to the days when they were energetic and full of motivation and purpose to find the reasons to start it over. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:10:41 PM »
Man!!!

Your story is funnie! !!!

I wouldn't say in going through the same thing ...

I am working...

I was sent to learn stuff....

When I get back to my work place Im suppose to be an expert or at least competent in what they sent me to go learn...

They are trusting me too!  Alot of trust!

I know how you feel when it comes to the part where the company is trusting you.

Ill be leaving soon and you know what I did, order some books from amazon on what I was suppose to learn and Im going to study on my own and wing it.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 02:15:10 PM »
You know what the thing is...

You have to look at it this way...

Stop worrying...

You know why?

Because if Becky was taking a sabbatical leave...you know what?  She wouldn't worry.  When she comes back she'd be talking about all the things she did and how much fun she had and then just make light of how she didn't accomplish anything related to work...

So you shoyldnt worry too.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

winerice

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »
I'm jealous that your employer has sabbatical leave. My employer here is too greedy.

Advertisements