Advertisement

Author Topic: Man! I just had a craving for some home cooking!  (Read 3311 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Man! I just had a craving for some home cooking!
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:45:24 AM »
Like chopped up chicken or pork with those bitter cucumber and lemon grass boiled in water with a little salt for seasoning...an d rice!

I want some hmong cooking!  I don't know if it's hmong.. but it's what my mom makes so that's what I want...

I can only marry a hmong girl...

When I do, I'm going to make her live with my mom for a year and let her learn to cook how I like it!

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: Man! I just had a craving for some home cooking!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 03:24:56 PM »
did you mean these, bitter melon?

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 01:58:42 PM »
I've been cooking at home straight going on for 2 weeks.  I want to see how much I really save vs take out, dine out, etc.  I make it a goal M-F.  Come weekend my kids may want McDs and get daddy to take them while I'm like No No......

I love bitter melon.  I have been stuffing it with ground pork after I had some at a funeral.  Yesterday I made chicken laab for the 1st time with ground chicken.  Not bad but missing few herbs because Hmong store didn't have any. 

Peachy Fish

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:06:48 PM »
I know what you mean! This past weekend I was out of town for family shenanigans, so we barely got to eat at home. The moment I came back home to husband, we made boiled chicken with herbs, pad thai, and pickled greens (not ready to eat yet though).

Advertisements