Advertisement

Author Topic: First Hmong-made movie to ink Hollywood distribution  (Read 7806 times)

cheeze

First Hmong-made movie to ink Hollywood distribution
« on: July 28, 2017, 01:38:17 AM »
Hi everyone. The horror feature film BEDEVILED will be getting a limited theatrical run in North America and will be available on almost all digital platforms (Comcast, Time Warner, Dish, Google Play, Amazon, etc.) on August 11. The initial limited theatrical release will be in MN (specifically the Oakdale 20) and The Arena Theatre in Los Angeles. Be sure to catch it when it comes out! This film was made by Hmong artists and financed entirely by Hmong entrepreneurs. One-third of all cast and crew were Hmong. Come August 11, go out and support your fellow Hmong artists and entrepreneurs!

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/27/is-hmong-led-movie-ready-to-make-a-killing-st-paul-investors-hope-so/

Since December 2016, the film has been released theatrically in foreign countries such as Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, and list continues to grow.

Last year, the filmmakers (Abel & Burlee Vang...the Vang Brothers) sold the foreign distribution rights of their film to Voltage Pictures (the company that made the Academy Award winning films: The Hurt Locker and Dallas Buyers Club). Earlier this year they sold the domestic distribution rights to Freestyle Releasing (the company that made God's Not Dead and Meet the Blacks).

The international trailers on Facebook have received over a million views combined.

Italy Trailer:
https://www.facebook.com/BedevilIT/videos/131824020716767/

Vietnam Trailers:
https://www.facebook.com/cgvcinemavietnam/videos/vb.395143205624/10154953541730625/?type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/cgvcinemavietnam/videos/vb.395143205624/10154938149000625/?type=2&theater

German Trailer:
https://www.facebook.com/Bedeviled.derFilm/videos/vb.626200817575029/626204917574619/?type=2&theater

Poland Trailer:
https://www.facebook.com/MultikinoPolska/videos/vb.108363895897372/1192699440797140/?type=2&theater

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: First Hmong-made movie to ink Hollywood distribution
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 02:57:38 AM »
Thanks for the info, good to see.. O0

cheeze

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:12:18 PM »

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 04:01:49 PM »
Wow, chill out. It's just going to be another average, possible below average, horror movie. An average quality product gets a huge push just because it's Hmong people behind the camera. I'm not sure what the investors were thinking.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 06:02:02 PM »
Wow, chill out. It's just going to be another average, possible below average, horror movie. An average quality product gets a huge push just because it's Hmong people behind the camera. I'm not sure what the investors were thinking.

Meskas horror films are terrible.  10 min into it I want to turn it off.  The one I hate the most are those with college students planning a trip/adventure. 

I loved Thai, Korean and Jap horror films. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 06:26:26 PM »
I think saying j*p is derogatory.

You should say it fully next time.  Japanese.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 08:21:52 PM »
Meskas horror films are terrible.  10 min into it I want to turn it off.  The one I hate the most are those with college students planning a trip/adventure. 

I loved Thai, Korean and Jap horror films.

Uh, ok. Classic American horror films like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th are responsible for making the horror genre what it is today. Films like Ju-on and Ringu drew their inspiration from the legendary American horror films.

cheeze

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 10:15:18 PM »
Please don't steal the film. A lot your own people worked on this movie. Go out and support.

cheeze

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 12:58:53 AM »
It's probably the first Hmong-made film to open theatrically in Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Italy, Poland, Argentina, Indonesia, Peru, and the list is still growing. These countries DO support it. That's why the film opened there theatrically.

I'm a fan of what these folks are doing because they are putting not just Hmong voices, but Asian-American voices on the map. Hollywood is not the most diverse industry in America and its elites have tried very hard to keep it that way since its inception. I think it's a win for us and for Asian-Americans that folks from our community have gone this far.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:08:39 AM by cheeze »

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 05:38:31 PM »
Hmong has some really scary bedtime stories....may be they need to hire someone with excellent writing skills and make it into horror movies??!

I might be listening to a few one of these day. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 05:23:04 PM »
Man, I tell you why it'll fail...

they aint show not got dang ... well I won't say it!

There was a scene, and there was not enough shown!  That's all I gotta say!

Man if I was a director and I was making a movie... you better believe I'm putting some Rated R scenes in it for sure!

That's the only thing that draws folks into theater!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements