Advertisement

Author Topic: Was Jesus really the descendant of Abraham?  (Read 6111 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Was Jesus really the descendant of Abraham?
« on: July 31, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »
Doesn't sound like he was.

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Was Jesus really the descendant of Abraham?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 06:17:59 PM »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:45:38 PM »
Trace it through king David's 2 sons.  One bible author took it from one to Mary while the other author took it from the other son to joseph. 

King David did said born of a virgin and he shall be called Emmanuel

This confused the jews n now the atheist can't pass their grade because of this. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 11:47:46 PM »
Why anyone triggered because of Jesus's lineage?  ;D ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Yengimer

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 06:27:53 PM »
Lines 16 and 18 are the troubling parts.

Hey, can you tell me what is it that confuses you? I read line 16 and 18  and didn't find anything confusing about those two lines. Am I missing something here?

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 03:11:20 PM »
Why worry about that... it's more important you know he is God's son and savior of mankind O0

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

petal_rose

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 02:13:34 PM »
Why worry about that... it's more important you know he is God's son and savior of mankind O0
but was he really though? he was just a con man and one that never existed.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 04:08:00 PM »
but was he really though? he was just a con man and one that never existed.
And how do you know he's not?  I think for nonbeliever, even if Jesus is standing in front of them right now, performs miracles, they still wouldn't believe him.  They'd think he's a con man.  How non-believer reacted to him now would be no different than how they did before when he was really here on earth.

Believing in God requires faith.  Hebrew 11:1 defines faith as "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."  If a person lack faith, how can he/she believe in God.  For example:  take any believer in the bible - without faith, non of them would be able to do what they did. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »

The debate over this is because,  if he wasn't,  then he is not the messiah.

captian

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 02:13:12 PM »
And how do you know he's not?  I think for nonbeliever, even if Jesus is standing in front of them right now, performs miracles, they still wouldn't believe him.  They'd think he's a con man.  How non-believer reacted to him now would be no different than how they did before when he was really here on earth.

Believing in God requires faith.  Hebrew 11:1 defines faith as "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."  If a person lack faith, how can he/she believe in God.  For example:  take any believer in the bible - without faith, non of them would be able to do what they did.
damn girl, i thought you were a bit smarter. i did a small google search and came up with this.

There are no Roman records that mention Jesus3. Not only all that, but, there are no Christian eye-witnesses of Jesus. All of the Gospels are anonymous and written by friends-of-friends, and none are written in the first person; also, Paul (who authored 13 of the 27 books of the NT) never met Jesus, except in a vision4. They're also written in very competent Greek (the language of later converts), rather than in Hebrew (the language of the original converts, excepting Paul). Early Christians didn't know when Jesus was born (his birthdate wasn't decided for hundreds of years, in 354CE)5 and didn't know where he was buried. People have doubted his existence since the very first century, and, despite the popularity of Christianity, there is a modern resurgence of people who disbelieve in the very existence of Jesus today.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 03:35:06 PM »
damn girl, i thought you were a bit smarter. i did a small google search and came up with this.
Google ;D ;D ::) ::) :D :D Anyway, seriously, even if Jesus is standing before us right now, many people still would not believe him.  Many have to see w/ their own eyes...meaning Jesus would literally have to take them to Heavan - show them his kingdom, and have God created the universe in front of their eyes to believe that maybe, just maybe that's God.  Some may even claim them to be alien beings. 

captian

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »
Google ;D ;D ::) ::) :D :D Anyway, seriously, even if Jesus is standing before us right now, many people still would not believe him.  Many have to see w/ their own eyes...meaning Jesus would literally have to take them to Heavan - show them his kingdom, and have God created the universe in front of their eyes to believe that maybe, just maybe that's God.  Some may even claim them to be alien beings.
yes, google. it's called simple research. learn it.  O0 we'll go into this 'faith' thing debate of yours. your attempt at rebuttal is insulting to believers. you are saying that people have little faith cause god will not answer them. you believers are against yourselves.  :2funny:

And the Lord answered, “If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 02:28:48 PM »
yes, google. it's called simple research. learn it.  O0 we'll go into this 'faith' thing debate of yours. your attempt at rebuttal is insulting to believers. you are saying that people have little faith cause god will not answer them. you believers are against yourselves.  :2funny:
Ok, Googles can be handy :D :D I've used it all the time....

and now to the faith debate. 

I'm saying non believer has no faith because for them "seeing is believing."  Take for instance, the bible.  Non believers do not believe the bible is the word of God because no one saw God coming down from his throne to write the book.  Therefore everything in the Bible are philosophies of men.  You can quote the beginning thru the end and it means nothing other than "interesting" philosophies to non-believers. 

Another example, Shamanism.  Did anyone ever witness a Shaman bringing back a lost soul (see with their own eyes)?  Did anyone ever witness a lost soul getting lost somewhere - you see w/ your own eyes a soul being left behind etc...

So essentially, every believer, at some point in their life, made that leap of faith to accept the God, the God of the Bible and let me add, not just Christianity but all religion also require faith.

Yengimer

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 09:52:54 AM »

Those are conclusion made by liberal secular scholars like Bart Erhman. Early manuscripts does had names but normally in the form of tags and the earliest manuscripts we have are not much more than dust. So because the names were not preserved does not mean they are anonymous.

Where do you think bible translators got the names of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John from?

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 01:48:07 PM »
Key points in the refute.

Jesus was not a friend of the Romans so tell us again why should the Romans would include the name Jesus into their history books? 

There were no Christian during the time of jesus.  So tell us again if there were no Christian to see Jesus live at the time then how can they see him?

Paul, if he never met Jesus but yet, was able to write about him makes it even more special. 

Early Christian we're in hiding for fear of prosecution.  The same Paul u talking about were bounty hunters and killed these Christian so his story about the man he never met are even that amazing. 

My final thought.  All the same recycled stuff against a religion that still flourished is just that.  All recycled stuff and with Google, you can debunk it too. Ha

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements