Advertisement

Author Topic: So anyways... I'm trying to decide between these too....  (Read 1250 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
So anyways... I'm trying to decide between these too....
« on: August 03, 2017, 12:55:03 AM »
Of course yalls know I'm trying to start my own little vtec club...

I like Hondas!

Got the teggie 2.0(it's kinda outta commission right now... I miss driving it) it's pretty much bolted up as much as I can do except for the ECU which I don't know when I'd do.  It's just a project car now oh wells!  No more mods... well maybe a new set of struts... the gc/koni is no good... I don't recommend it folks, not for the price, you can get better, don't listen to the hype.

Got the s2k...  it's got it's issues as well... hail damage... man... I'm contemplating weather or not to all show it... as in... all show no go... you know a nice lip here, a nice rear spoiler, rear diffuser, maybe front diffuser too as well and side skirts, that'd be it.  Of course I'd have to replace the hood, it's dented all to heck... get the dent's pulled out and get a new trunk lid, that's why I'm wondering if I should just replace and upgrade..

And I did have  prelude but gave it away and I see these two now.. deciding which one to get

This one, it's already got the rear spoiler...

decent mileage at a decent price..

Looks clean enough..

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/2000-honda-prelude/6209106570.html

Or this one with the crappy wheels... no spoiler but clean as funk engine bay..

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/d/1997-honda-prelude-one-owner/6226182575.html

I'm a real fan of stock radio, I don't like the dvd thing but oh wells.. but it's super clean..  but i'd have to upgrade the rims for sure, I'm not a fan of those and it doesn't have the spoiler, the oem spoiler adds a nice flare to it that I like...

So that's why I'm up!

They are both around the same price, I guess I could get them for between 3500-4000.

I've never modded up a prelude before, and the one I did have and gave away, they are nice to drive.  It's a heavier car so it rides smoother.

I did have a civic si in the past but it wasn't .. well it was wrecked prior, I didn't know and you could tell by the way it drove it just doesn't drive right, when you got fast it felt like the steering was fighting you especially when you're going on a curve on the interstate.  Just never felt smooth.

So I'm also looking at the civic si... this one looks nice..

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-honda-civic-si/6239904633.html

Probably could be had for 4500 which is a good price in my opinion.

My brother had an 06 and it was nice and he got it going real fast too.  Smoked my teggie 1.0.

Also, we my bro still got some go fast parts for the civic si, he traded his in.(he regrets it everyday....)

Also I'm just a big fan of older cars...

They just look nicer in my opinion.   

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

bloggersdigest

Re: So anyways... I'm trying to decide between these too....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 09:38:37 AM »
No comment, My husband just went against me a picked up a S2K  >:(

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »
You might be mad now but you'll be happy when your cruising around with the top down.  Its the coolest feeling.

What year is it?  Mine is the 2004.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

bloggersdigest

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 11:34:11 AM »
You might be mad now but you'll be happy when your cruising around with the top down.  Its the coolest feeling.

What year is it?  Mine is the 2004.

Nope still pissed about it.. LMAO  :2funny:
2001, yellow and bone stock!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »
Oh, he got the early one's...

Tell him to be careful, he may already know but those years are suppose to be oversteer easily...

Basically it just means if you go around the curves to fast or makes turns to fast you'll probably make the car go spin in a circle...

I almost got the early year ones but I was scared of spinning in circles...  plus!  Becareful about the early year ones because there's parts in the engine that is prone to breaking.  Something like you should upgrade to the part that is in the later year s2000's.

But hey, you know what?  It's probably a car that he's always wanted and probably got a good deal on it and bought it. 

Advertisements