Advertisement

Author Topic: Meeting the s/o family  (Read 1372 times)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +179
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting the s/o family
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 01:44:52 PM »
Too immature to screen things at first lunch...unless what I order for food tells them what I'm going to be like as a sil. lol

They do say you are what you eat  ;D

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »
Problem with the ones I met was: they made all the orders. I just ate. lol

Mommy ain't ever gonna find out what the sil-wannabe was gonna be like. lol

They do say you are what you eat  ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 04:59:06 PM »
That's what scares me. So, it's okay if I don't pass the first interview.

A part of me feels like I am ready to meet his family and his children but a part of me is hesistant in doing so, just yet. He has yet to meet my children or my family although he knows who they are.  I donít know if Iím feeling hesistant because itís too soon or is because he might not be the one. Why waste everyoneís time right?

Reporter, I hope you passed your first date interview. Remember you are not only marrying their daughter, you are marrying the whole family too. O0

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +435
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 10:38:08 PM »
A part of me feels like I am ready to meet his family and his children but a part of me is hesistant in doing so, just yet. He has yet to meet my children or my family although he knows who they are.  I donít know if Iím feeling hesistant because itís too soon or is because he might not be the one. Why waste everyoneís time right?

Reporter, I hope you passed your first date interview. Remember you are not only marrying their daughter, you are marrying the whole family too.  O0

8 months of dating and you're still wondering if time has been wasted?  ::) It's pretty safe to say that you have both wasted time already. Might as well meet the family.

Offline jena

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 12:14:57 PM »
Iíve been dating this man for about 8 months now. Iím not quite sure if Iím ready to meet his whole family but he had wanted me to visit so I can get acquainted with them this weekend. Do you all think itís too soon?

Just be honest and let him know you're not ready. If he understands and is consecrate of your feelings, he wouldn't force you to go.
I'd hate to bring my s/o to meet my family if he isn't ready.  That'd be awkward.

lonecrusader

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 12:18:33 PM »
Iíve been dating this man for about 8 months now. Iím not quite sure if Iím ready to meet his whole family but he had wanted me to visit so I can get acquainted with them this weekend. Do you all think itís too soon?

Oh WTF - all these years I thought you were a dude!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: paub li mas... tejzaum 8 months yog wb li 8 months lawm.. tu siab tu siab :'( :'(

Offline Blongforever

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »

If you have what it takes, it does not take much.  If you have your reservation/hesitations, something is wrong.

Offline Diamond

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 12:10:07 AM »
It does not hurt to just meet and greet. It's always nice to know what his family is like just incase he is the one. I am sure he sees potential in you, so that's why he is willing to introduce you to his family.

Offline Steven

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 01:18:35 PM »

I think you might be 8 months too late,... best to meet them right away to see if his family is even worth the trouble of dating him.

Like this post: +1
Fate: Things Blessed by the Hands of Heaven.
Destiny: Things that will be Blessed by the Hands of Faith.

Advertisements