Advertisement

Author Topic: I understand completely... everytime I go to big dragway's....  (Read 2022 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
I understand completely... everytime I go to big dragway's....
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:12:27 AM »
Well except for great lakes dragaway...

But I totally agree..

Everytime I go E-town race way..

Man...

It's suppose to be test and tune night or something like that

But every single time!!!!!!  I go there early... wait around for 3 hours in staging.... then they when the track night is almost over they let you run... and you're lucky you even get your 3 allowed runs in...

That is total B.S. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MWTs5gsxdc

I gave them a couple chances to see if they few times I been there was just a fluke...

But nope!

They have like actual racing and eliminator's whatever that is going on the same night as the test and tune...

I mean.. what gives?!!?!

Now Great Lakes Dragaway... that's a good track on test and tune night..

They move the lines fast.... even if there's a lot of cars there... you can get at least 5-6 runs in...

You're not sitting in your car for a long time at all in staging...

I think once I ran 14 times.. I just eventually got tired and came home ....

But that's a good track... all my experience there was the same

On their test and tune or run what you brung nights...  there's no contest going on..

It's just you just run whatever.... 

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: I understand completely... everytime I go to big dragway's....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 08:52:21 PM »
You're comparing Great Lakes to Englishtown? That's like comparing my high school football field to Lambeau Field. Sure my high school's football field was great for what it is but it's no match for where the Packer's play on the weekends and sometimes Thursdays and Mondays.

Englishtown is a professional track and many people lose and win money on them. Great Lakes has events as well but no where as big or as money making as some of the events at Englishtown.

This can be compared to going to Road America during June Sprints. Sure, you paid your fee to drive on the track but the main thing during June Sprints are the SCCA competitions. You're 4th or 5th in line behind everyone else and you're only going to be on the track for 30 mins so you better make it count.

The lesson of it all. Stick to Great Lakes. Forget Englishtown unless you're going full blown professional or know for sure it's an open track without some kind of event going on.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 01:19:58 PM »
That's the thing with E-town Raceway, there's no real open day, their open day's are those test tune days but they run those competition's on the same night, which in my opnion, they shouldn't even have test and tune on the same night.

There's 7 days out of the week and they can't have a run what you brung night.

I don't get it. 

And it's not like they prep the tracks good too so it's not like it's costing an arm an leg to just open it up for a real open track night.

and they make you rent helmet's too if you don't have one.  I believe it's like a 10-15 bucks helmet rental.. something like that... and to maybe possibly run 1 or 2 times?  3 times?  forget it, it won't happen.  you run 1 time then you car sits in staging literally for 2 hours... then you get your second run in... and it's almost time to close the track and the track officials in the staging lanes are like "keep your ticket, you can use it next week"...

I mean what gives.. sure it might be a bigger realer track but don't be jerking the avg joe's around like that.  You want to promote that people keep it safe and run at the tracks but... you don't even give them a real chance to do it...

And that's why I can see why some folks don't even bother to go to tracks...

There are not tracks around the corner's etc etc etc.. people have to prepare to go to those places, drive's hours... buy an entrance ticket...spend time sitting around... buy gas I guess to get there too...

It's not really "convenient" for the avg enthusiasts.  A lot of fussing around for little reward.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »
I mean what gives.. sure it might be a bigger realer track but don't be jerking the avg joe's around like that.  You want to promote that people keep it safe and run at the tracks but... you don't even give them a real chance to do it...It's not really "convenient" for the avg enthusiasts.  A lot of fussing around for little reward.

Exactly...and that's how they want it.

Great Lakes Dragaway depends on the average Joe for money. They might have some major events throughout the calendar but nothing the size of what E-town goes through. E-twon in all reality probably doesn't need the average Joe to survive.

If a race track wanted to bring in Indycar it would have to pay Indycar a $1.5 million dollar sanctioning fee. That means that the track better make sure there's enough people and usage of money on the track to cover this fee or else they'll be losing money. Englishtown usually has one or even two big NHRA events which probably brings the place millions of dollars in revenue and sponsorship each year. That alone along with the smaller drag events gives them the most money.

This is why E-town focuses so much on ladder racing or big events and the little guys who pay $50 bucks to race on a Saturday get pushed back to the end of the line. Why should they support the $50 guy when one event is already bringing in thousands if not millions of dollars. It's sad but it's a reality of life. That's why racers needs tracks like Great Lakes. Sure it's not as fancy but it's a heck a lot more friendly and fun.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 02:27:22 PM »
I doubt that place is bringing in millons of dollars a year.

If you actually go there and see, it does not look like a facility that makes millions of dollars a year.  Maybe it does but who knows.

I was not impressed.

Those competitions they run on those test nights, they are just weekly prizes.  Its not like its something special.  When I was there the prize was just a thousand bucks.

Ill stick to racing in mexico even though I dont go there anymore.

Hitokiri

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 10:21:48 PM »
I doubt that place is bringing in millons of dollars a year.

If you actually go there and see, it does not look like a facility that makes millions of dollars a year.  Maybe it does but who knows.

Haha...That's what a lot of people said about the Milwaukee Mile but for years it brought in millions of dollars to itself. It's not impressive but then again most the money is used to paying the sanctioning fee and what is left over is for the track to keep.

Ill stick to racing in mexico even though I dont go there anymore.

I don't know if you ever went there but you should go to Highway 66 dragway in Joliet, IL. Its friendly, sticky, and you can race as much as you want. :P

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »
Drag racing at tracks don't interst me anymore, maybe here and there just to see what all the work I put into a car net in it's time to see what improvement really made to it.

The integra is faster than the s2k from a standing stop so..

Must be time to trade it in for a van or something...

I just can't really get into driving my s2k anymore...  top down is cool...

I've never driven it to it's limits...

And honestly, that clutch pedal is stiff as heck... It's really tiring on my leg.

Advertisements