Advertisement

Author Topic: Workout Woes  (Read 6442 times)

Jiggles

Workout Woes
« on: September 28, 2017, 05:28:16 AM »
Since my surgery earlier this year, I haven't been able to hip thrust or deadlift without getting some pain afterwards. So I'm quite sad about it. I don't even lift heavy yet but it hurts already. Seems my fitness goals will be delayed for idk how long. I have a feeling I may never be able to go heavy.  :-\ :(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Workout Woes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:49:45 AM »
That is what you get for having breast surgery.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »
If it hurts...

You probably shouldnt be doing it...

Just go swimming.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Jiggles

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
Dr said not to lift anything over 25lbs for the first 6 weeks. It's been over 6 months now.  :dontknow:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »
So each of your former breast weight 25 lbs?

Jiggles

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 08:08:33 PM »
So each of your former breast weight 25 lbs?

:knuppel2: ;D

Jiggles

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 08:14:41 PM »
I had an appendectomy so you can stop with the breast thing.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 06:03:29 AM »
You know what..

I work in a certain field..

And every week we'd look at cases..

Anyways...our boss will talk about things...

And this may not be related to your issue but there is a point to it..

Anyways..we were looking at the shoulder girldle..

And he explained some people whose shoulder pop out alot...eventua lly develop a grove in the joint...and make the shoulder, more like the humerus, to pop out alot due to the grove...and if a person works out too much, say with weights...its actually worse for that person becuase the stress on the joint and digging deeper into that grove..so its best if a person with something like that not lift weights...

So anyways...the point is, if you feel like youre not fully healed yet, like I said, you should stop.

I use to lift weights..but then I started get joint pains probably from wrong or no form..and I just stopped..becua se I felt, theres no need to be lifting weight, Im just hurting my body.  If I do lift weights, its just small tiny little weights...

I stick to like calesthenics.. however you spell it and running.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Jiggles

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 01:07:42 AM »
That's why I haven't done those exercises for a while now until I see the Dr.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:04 AM »

Whatever that means but it sounds beautiful.  :2funny:

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 10:37:14 PM »

My aunt had that done too.  Took her a while to wake up from it.  It is scary to go under the knife for many reasons. 

My medical condition left me with a weak arm.  I'm working to get my strength back.  If not I might consider physical therapy since our health insurance covered it.  Maybe the gym after I dropped off my kids at school in the morning vs my regular walking/jogging. 

Jiggles

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 04:00:11 AM »
My aunt had that done too.  Took her a while to wake up from it.  It is scary to go under the knife for many reasons. 

My medical condition left me with a weak arm.  I'm working to get my strength back.  If not I might consider physical therapy since our health insurance covered it.  Maybe the gym after I dropped off my kids at school in the morning vs my regular walking/jogging.

I wasn't too scared to go under. I was more afraid of any long term effects..... which is what I'm having thoughts about right now.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 08:31:47 AM »
Aww man... an appendectomy?

Now that I really read it..

Man!  that's like where your six pack is... where your core is..

Man!  That mean they gotta either go between or through those muscles!

That's why you're so weak..

I had a friend, he said he had surgery there and his six pack just don't look right..

Oh wells...

If I was you, I would just go swimming.. swimming will slowly gain your strength back!  and it's low low low impact.

Jiggles

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »
Since it's been a year now, the pain has subsided much more. I can now do deadlifts and hip thrusts without pain afterwards. Maybe I just didn't let myself heal long enough? I thought recovery time was 6 weeks like the Dr said, but I guess it's actually longer. I feel much better now. But still going slow on my abs....just in case.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 03:10:15 PM »
Healing time?

I tell you what..

I hurt my Achilles ... and it didn't tear or anything but it was still hurt..

Actually got seen for it because I was afraid I had ruptured or tore my Achilles... but I didn't..

But it still took over a year to heal!

I tore a muscle in my right thumb... that took 2 years to fully heal but even now I still have slight pain, I have to be careful with it...  no more football for me.. or.. even basketball.. :(

Just every now and then, but I have to be very careful...

There comes a point where you have to ask why are you even working out?  Don't go so hard..

I don't!  Well I did and now my foot is messed up... thanks a lot myself!

Once I learn how to swim I won't even work out or run anymore... maybe running just a little bit like 2-3 times a weak so my legs still know how to run.

You should just re evaluate why you work out and if you still do work out, what kinda workout would not be detrimental to your body and what's beneficial considering your situation.

Advertisements