Advertisement

Author Topic: Family events  (Read 1452 times)

winerice

Family events
« on: October 04, 2017, 07:54:39 AM »
Has anyone been involved organizing a clan family banquet during the new year? Please share your ideas and pointers how you and others pull it together. This year it would be our second event and i am one of the member volunteered  to help out.  So far we have a theme, guest speaker, family history, performers, games/activities, fashion show, and maybe some dancing toward the end. We will have a live camera connected to two large projectors  to display and a photo booth.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Re: Family events
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:43:53 AM »
If it is the 2nd time happening.  What did u see from the 1st time that you would like it to be different this time.  What kind of improvement is need. What can you guys do this time to save $$

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
ideas and pointers - I'd like to see less drinking and have an education component that acknowledge young people for their achievement in education, promote and celebrate success in higher ed.  Another, celebrate marriage - welcoming new members into the clan (nyab thiab vaus).

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »
I went to one few months back.  Everyone there had the same last name and I was looking around and saw some future stars there.  They focused more on achievements and those who makes excused not to go are usually the F+ students.

Food like a buffet style.  No alki but we came prepared and calling it our watering hole pit stop in the parking lot.

I think each clans had to donate to help support plus gifts for the grad kids. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

winerice

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 11:47:27 AM »
I think our first event is not really well put together because we didn't know what to expect. Also we rely on every families donation only so we have a limited of budget to work with only. However, we did managed to raise a good amount of money from last year so that money will be use for this year event. Last year we did not have a theme so we were all over the place but the good thing is we did managed to make something different happened that our parents did not. We got our folks out of their comfort zone to celebrated.

I can see there's lots of room for improvement. Thank you Champa for your ideas and pointers. I will bring this to our next meeting with the cousins. As for alcohols, we are limiting the amount of beers and will be replace with some good wine instead. 

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:42:38 AM by winerice »

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 12:04:56 PM »
Also the eating should be the last event cuz that is what I noticed.  People bouncing out and no dancing or karaoke for the host guy who wants to keep the agenda going. 

Some go to save face.  Some go to eat.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

winerice

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 12:27:20 PM »
We are hosting at a chinese restaurant that will serve 6 dishes throughout the evening. We can bring our own beverages and equipment for deco. What we are trying to achieved is to leave an everlasting memory for everyone that attend the event and will look forward to next year.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 12:36:40 AM »
It is not difficult to plan large family events. You know your clan best. Plan accordingly so that everybody from young to old has a great time.

Advertisements