Advertisement

Author Topic: Inside the Mind of a Silent Warrior  (Read 3630 times)

P90xbox

Inside the Mind of a Silent Warrior
« on: October 06, 2017, 01:38:15 AM »
Today was my last day at this gig I was working the past 2 months. I saw her sometimes. I see something in the way she look at me. But my mind is still stuck in the ancient ways where honor comes before all else. The modern alpha male probably wouldn't had wasted any time and hop right unto the first opportunity. Asked her out on a date before he leaves. But the silent warrior that I am. Left without a word. She will be okay.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
Re: Inside the Mind of a Silent Warrior
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 05:50:23 PM »
Yet, she left a mark on your heart -- one that cannot be seen, but will haunt your soul for the rest of your life.  You will wonder why a silent warrior was so caught up in his world of honor that he had lost that one percent of a chance to be with a simple girl.  You left without a word, but you left with unanswered questions.  She will certainly be okay.  The silent warrior will have lingering thoughts of her. 

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

P90xbox

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 10:55:22 PM »
Yet, she left a mark on your heart -- one that cannot be seen, but will haunt your soul for the rest of your life.  You will wonder why a silent warrior was so caught up in his world of honor that he had lost that one percent of a chance to be with a simple girl.  You left without a word, but you left with unanswered questions.  She will certainly be okay.  The silent warrior will have lingering thoughts of her.

So many times I've been through this situation. After a while I just no longer feel guilty or cowardice. I do, its just more like I'm able to control my mind better now. Perhaps I need to reevaluate myself and change what is necessary. From this I learn that I need to be more versatile, I need to come in strong and finish out strong- Always be ready for anything. First impressions is more important than I thought. It's the foundation of how you represent yourself and give people a sense of what they can expect from you. I came into this gig too uptight. Everything was about the job. It's really hard for any silent warrior to go from laid back and uptight to outgoing and joyous. I know she will forget of me. If not, time shall give me, us, another opportunity. As they say, nice guys finish last.....

P90xbox

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 11:30:40 PM »
It's a gloomy looking park. The size and height of the trees tells me its been there a long time. Perhaps the 50-60s. A busy street runs by it. Although I don't think anyone really stop to take notice of it. It's not a very big park, and from a distance it probably looks more like a orchard. I mean I'd drove by it many times and it's this one time that I took notice of it. I've decided to stop by to take a little stroll. It felt sad, I feel a lot of sorrow. I thought to myself, there must have been something terrible that has happened here in the past or maybe the park was just sadden that nobody has really utilize it over the years. Maybe people are more interested in the new parks where it has water slides, skating areas or a cool playground. I walk to the car and Im sure at some time families would have picnics there, kids running around flying kites and shooting water guns. This park open my eyes. It spoke to me:

"you're a human, you can adapt and change to keep life interesting. I'm a park, I am stagnant, I get lonely when nobody comes. You have feet, you can talk, you can find a companion- but me, I can only smile when someone visits me. We're both only getting older, but the difference between you and I is that you have a choice. You can choose to smile more, laugh more, and change- the only thing that is changing about me is I'll will get older and less popular- if the city don't tear me down, the suffering will just be longer- for you, you have a choice..choose to be happy."

Advertisements