Advertisement

Author Topic: Question for Hmong people...  (Read 437 times)

Offline TheAfterLife

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
Question for Hmong people...
« on: October 10, 2017, 03:11:04 PM »
Do Hmong people in the traditional religion that they believe, which is shaman, have ever come across that the universe was created?

I here some Hmong people believe that the universe is eternal, which is entirely false since it did have a beginning. Do they have any books or contents to their religion, or are they still stubborn and would prefer oral presentation?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +355
    • View Profile
Re: Question for Hmong people...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 02:25:06 PM »
I'm not going to say whether shamanism is a religion or just a healing much like psychology is to Christianity and humanity all over.

But we Hmong don't claim the universe is eternal. Our creation story started with the ending of a flooding Universe to a new life after the flood has drained off.

Books? When did we have any book on our history and religion? We would all be literate already if we did, right?

Do Hmong people in the traditional religion that they believe, which is shaman, have ever come across that the universe was created?

I here some Hmong people believe that the universe is eternal, which is entirely false since it did have a beginning. Do they have any books or contents to their religion, or are they still stubborn and would prefer oral presentation?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 02:27:20 PM by Reporter »

Offline TheAfterLife

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 01:22:07 PM »
I'm not going to say whether shamanism is a religion or just a healing much like psychology is to Christianity and humanity all over.

But we Hmong don't claim the universe is eternal. Our creation story started with the ending of a flooding Universe to a new life after the flood has drained off.

Books? When did we have any book on our history and religion? We would all be literate already if we did, right?

True. The funny thing is, that flood we talked about is related to the Chinese oral history. Shennon and Nuwah is the Hmong Chinese legend.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +355
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:15:59 AM »
I see.

True. The funny thing is, that flood we talked about is related to the Chinese oral history. Shennon and Nuwah is the Hmong Chinese legend.

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 09:15:01 PM »
Hmong's funeral song (Qhuab Ke) sums up the Hmong traditional belief system...has anyone really read the words in that funeral song...?  Sending your loved ones to hell......

Offline NeejYagHawj

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 12:17:27 PM »
Fuken retard....mong has no hell. 

N yes, there is a creation story...go learn

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:14:23 AM »
^^ Resorting to name calling ain't doing you no good...do you understand the words to the Hmong funeral song?  Look at the words carefully...an d tell me it's not hell...

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +71
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 03:01:28 PM »
^^ Resorting to name calling ain't doing you no good...do you understand the words to the Hmong funeral song?  Look at the words carefully...an d tell me it's not hell...

So which words or verse gave you the impression that it is hell?

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +432
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »
Hmong's funeral song (Qhuab Ke) sums up the Hmong traditional belief system...has anyone really read the words in that funeral song...?  Sending your loved ones to hell......

I have read the entire funeral song in a book. I trust the book was legit. However, I interpreted Hell in that book as a condition in which all deceased people must go through before passing to the after life. Even Jesus went to Hell where He defeated death and rose on the third day.

Advertisements