Advertisement

Author Topic: Question for Hmong people...  (Read 3781 times)

TheAfterLife

Question for Hmong people...
« on: October 10, 2017, 03:11:04 PM »
Do Hmong people in the traditional religion that they believe, which is shaman, have ever come across that the universe was created?

I here some Hmong people believe that the universe is eternal, which is entirely false since it did have a beginning. Do they have any books or contents to their religion, or are they still stubborn and would prefer oral presentation?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Question for Hmong people...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 02:25:06 PM »
I'm not going to say whether shamanism is a religion or just a healing much like psychology is to Christianity and humanity all over.

But we Hmong don't claim the universe is eternal. Our creation story started with the ending of a flooding Universe to a new life after the flood has drained off.

Books? When did we have any book on our history and religion? We would all be literate already if we did, right?

Do Hmong people in the traditional religion that they believe, which is shaman, have ever come across that the universe was created?

I here some Hmong people believe that the universe is eternal, which is entirely false since it did have a beginning. Do they have any books or contents to their religion, or are they still stubborn and would prefer oral presentation?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 02:27:20 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 10:15:59 AM »
I see.

True. The funny thing is, that flood we talked about is related to the Chinese oral history. Shennon and Nuwah is the Hmong Chinese legend.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 09:15:01 PM »
Hmong's funeral song (Qhuab Ke) sums up the Hmong traditional belief system...has anyone really read the words in that funeral song...?  Sending your loved ones to hell......

NeejYagHawj

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 12:17:27 PM »
Fuken retard....mong has no hell. 

N yes, there is a creation story...go learn

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 11:14:23 AM »
^^ Resorting to name calling ain't doing you no good...do you understand the words to the Hmong funeral song?  Look at the words carefully...an d tell me it's not hell...

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 03:01:28 PM »
^^ Resorting to name calling ain't doing you no good...do you understand the words to the Hmong funeral song?  Look at the words carefully...an d tell me it's not hell...

So which words or verse gave you the impression that it is hell?

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »
Hmong's funeral song (Qhuab Ke) sums up the Hmong traditional belief system...has anyone really read the words in that funeral song...?  Sending your loved ones to hell......

I have read the entire funeral song in a book. I trust the book was legit. However, I interpreted Hell in that book as a condition in which all deceased people must go through before passing to the after life. Even Jesus went to Hell where He defeated death and rose on the third day.

DeadbeatDAD

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 07:29:47 PM »
So many uneducated hmongs who rather believe in the pastor, bible, and BROs then to be inform correctly.
Shamanism is the practice of healing. It doesnt teach anything else besides that.
Apparently, it is considered main catergory since no one wants to place it correctly.
For example, catholics can ua neeg and when they died they can go the christian route.
So basically, hmong people arent that extreme. How lucky are we...ummm until they became radical christians who hate muslims on those pretenses. Good luck.

DeadbeatDAD

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 03:43:54 PM »
I'm not going to say whether shamanism is a religion or just a healing much like psychology is to Christianity and humanity all over.

But we Hmong don't claim the universe is eternal. Our creation story started with the ending of a flooding Universe to a new life after the flood has drained off.

Books? When did we have any book on our history and religion? We would all be literate already if we did, right?
Shamnan is the practice healing.. our religion is ancestral worshipping.. dont remember the tern..

Yengimer

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 12:24:24 PM »
So many uneducated hmongs who rather believe in the pastor, bible, and BROs then to be inform correctly.
Shamanism is the practice of healing. It doesnt teach anything else besides that.
Apparently, it is considered main catergory since no one wants to place it correctly.
For example, catholics can ua neeg and when they died they can go the christian route.
So basically, hmong people arent that extreme. How lucky are we...ummm until they became radical christians who hate muslims on those pretenses. Good luck.

Shamanism has more to that.

"Shamanism is a practice that involves a practitioner reaching altered states of consciousness in order to perceive and interact with a spirit world and channel these transcendental energies into this world".

"A shaman (/ˈʃɑːmən/ SHAH-men) is someone who is regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of benevolent and malevolent spirits, who typically enters into a trance state during a ritual, and practices divination and healing."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism

DeadbeatDAD

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »
Shamanism has more to that.

"Shamanism is a practice that involves a practitioner reaching altered states of consciousness in order to perceive and interact with a spirit world and channel these transcendental energies into this world".

"A shaman (/ˈʃɑːmən/ SHAH-men) is someone who is regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of benevolent and malevolent spirits, who typically enters into a trance state during a ritual, and practices divination and healing."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism

Definition said it all... spiritual healing... lol..

Yengimer

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 01:24:55 PM »
Fuken retard....mong has no hell. 

N yes, there is a creation story...go learn

I agree with you. I wrote a full section on this elsewhere.

Hmong people do not have hell. They have what its called "Tub Tuag Teb" or "Ntuj Txiag Teb Tsaus". Both of these terminology render the places where the departed spirits go, similar to Sheol in the Old Testament. The word Hell in Hmong is "Ntuj Tawg" and Hmong people don't use or have this word. The reason why some Christians mixed these words together is because they've read the KJV. lol.

DeadbeatDAD

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 12:32:13 AM »
I agree with you. I wrote a full section on this elsewhere.

Hmong people do not have hell. They have what its called "Tub Tuag Teb" or "Ntuj Txiag Teb Tsaus". Both of these terminology render the places where the departed spirits go, similar to Sheol in the Old Testament. The word Hell in Hmong is "Ntuj Tawg" and Hmong people don't use or have this word. The reason why some Christians mixed these words together is because they've read the KJV. lol.
Get this person a mvp award for knowledge..

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 10:28:44 PM »

After much studying and hearing accounts of Hmong life, I disagree that Shamanism is the practice of healing. It's more like connecting with the unseen spiritual world in order to resolve issues in the seen natural world. In other words, consulting and/or mediating with spirits. Khaws koob is more like healing or warding off.   

Advertisements