Advertisement

Author Topic: Yuav Pojniam Yuav Txiv Tim Nplog Teb  (Read 3086 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Yuav Pojniam Yuav Txiv Tim Nplog Teb
« on: October 17, 2017, 12:43:08 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMlYAWDXgo4

After listening to the story, was this a marriage built on love or gratitude for the girl?  For the guy, I think it was probably love because he came from a well off country and could afford to look for love and he found it in her thus married her but the girl did not have the same luxury.  In time, she came to accept her fate but is that love...

Share your thoughts when you're done listening.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Yuav Pojniam Yuav Txiv Tim Nplog Teb
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »
Of course. Her love for money is fulfilled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMlYAWDXgo4

After listening to the story, was this a marriage built on love or gratitude for the girl?  For the guy, I think it was probably love because he came from a well off country and could afford to look for love and he found it in her thus married her but the girl did not have the same luxury.  In time, she came to accept her fate but is that love...

Share your thoughts when you're done listening.

Like this post: +1
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 06:50:18 AM »
oh, May Vang.....I like listening to her.  interesting.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 09:49:56 AM »
What did she say in this story? I didn't listen to it. Just answering from the topic. lol

"...

Blongforever

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 10:19:05 AM »
What did she say in this story? I didn't listen to it. Just answering from the topic. lol

I skipped through most of it but the gist is something like...., a Hmong-Laos girl who grew up in Laos trying to survive with her siblings because her parents passed when she and her siblings were young.  She grew up and ended up marrying a not so “zoo nraug” HaMung miskas who has some form of disabilities.  She devoted her life to her hubby and her in-law due to the fact that she had seen the yellow river of being poor with no support in a dirt poor country (Laos). She has not cheated on her hubby and has no intention to cheat on him even though he is not up to par with her in the beauty department.

Where are women like that?  Finding a needle in haystacks?

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 11:03:41 AM »
Listen to the story and check if your respond changes or not.
My first time listening to her story and her soothing, soft voice makes easy listening

Do you think she love the guy? Was this a marriage of convenience? Yes, she's a good woman.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »
Let me also add that sometimes people think negatively of men and women from oversea marrying into the US like:  "They're gold diggers who desire to come to a better country, heartless, prostitutes, etc.."  I hope this story will help people be less judgmental and have a little more heart.  I think they are victims of life circumstances beyond their control and had to make difficult life choices, even sacrificing their own happiness for the survival of others.   Everybody wants to fall in love and to love someone of our own choosing but for some, they  don't have this luxury.

I think the real tragic in this entire ordeal is "Hmoob tsis hlub hmoob."

Blongforever

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 12:36:11 PM »
Let me also add that sometimes people think negatively of men and women from oversea marrying into the US like:  "They're gold diggers who desire to come to a better country, heartless, prostitutes, etc.."  I hope this story will help people be less judgmental and have a little more heart.  I think they are victims of life circumstances beyond their control and had to make difficult life choices, even sacrificing their own happiness for the survival of others.   Everybody wants to fall in love and to love someone of our own choosing but for some, they  don't have this luxury.

I think the real tragic in this entire ordeal is "Hmoob tsis hlub hmoob."

Tsis hais hauv neeg twg yeej muaj cov neeg phem coob.  Qhov Hmoob mus tsis taus thiab ceem coj hais lus tsis muaj kuab ces vim Hmoob tsis muaj ib lub teb chaws.  Nyob nrog haiv neeg twg ces coj xiam hlwb ntsuav rau yus haiv neeg.  When a hammer is being handed to the village idiots, they will hit their own kind with that hammer with no hesitation to please their masters.

Renaissance

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »
Dok, in all honesty I have always assumed that ALL bride/groom from Laos are gold diggers wanting nothing more than just a better life in the US with no intentions of finding love.  Well, after listening and seeing what you have written, my mind has changed a bit.  My mind is still set that they are still looking after their own best interest.  I guess where I have changed my mind is that although they are looking at the end of that rainbow, they are also "trying" to make love work.

I personally know of many couples (mostly bride from Laos-groom from US) where the bride is really trying to make love work.  I see the sadness in their eyes also.  What I assume is that they feel their youth have been stolen.  If I was in their shoes, I would feel the same.  Yug tseem hluas thiab zoo nkauj es yug cias li yuav nom laus laus lub cev phem phem.  Li hmoob hais os, pob zeb tsi phim pob ntoo.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »
Makes sense.

Still just money in her mind and heart.

I skipped through most of it but the gist is something like...., a Hmong-Laos girl who grew up in Laos trying to survive with her siblings because her parents passed when she and her siblings were young.  She grew up and ended up marrying a not so “zoo nraug” HaMung miskas who has some form of disabilities.  She devoted her life to her hubby and her in-law due to the fact that she had seen the yellow river of being poor with no support in a dirt poor country (Laos). She has not cheated on her hubby and has no intention to cheat on him even though he is not up to par with her in the beauty department.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 01:57:02 PM »
I've hit the nail.

Listen to the story and check if your respond changes or not.My first time listening to her story and her soothing, soft voice makes easy listening  Do you think she love the guy? Was this a marriage of convenience? Yes, she's a good woman.

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 12:27:19 PM »
Dok, in all honesty I have always assumed that ALL bride/groom from Laos are gold diggers wanting nothing more than just a better life in the US with no intentions of finding love.  Well, after listening and seeing what you have written, my mind has changed a bit.  My mind is still set that they are still looking after their own best interest.  I guess where I have changed my mind is that although they are looking at the end of that rainbow, they are also "trying" to make love work.

I personally know of many couples (mostly bride from Laos-groom from US) where the bride is really trying to make love work.  I see the sadness in their eyes also.  What I assume is that they feel their youth have been stolen.  If I was in their shoes, I would feel the same.  Yug tseem hluas thiab zoo nkauj es yug cias li yuav nom laus laus lub cev phem phem.  Li hmoob hais os, pob zeb tsi phim pob ntoo.
That's good Ren.  It's important for people to be a little more sympathetic towards brides from Laos because to me they are victim of life circumstances - must do what one must do to survive and others as well.  In their shoes, we could be making the same choices and in our shoes, they could afford to look for love of their own choosing.  Like I said, the real tragic of this entire thing is the haves and have not... where the haves are taking advantage of the have nots - hmoob tsis hlub hmoob, bottom line.  That old man or woman is only thinking of one thing, themselves, who cares about ruining the life of a young man or woman.  That young man or woman is only thinking of one thing, coming to a better place, providing for family behind.  A give and take relationship.. . but still, tragic....hmoo b tsis hlub hmoob, bottom line.  I'm getting a little nausea if I keep going...so I'll stop.
I've hit the nail.
At the surface you may have hit the nail but if you look deeper, there's more.  Tragic don't you think?  Count your blessings you've lived in a country that you could afford to love the person of your own choosing, could afford to protect your children from old men/old women who doesn't have their best interest at heart, and could help them to realize their dreams/full potentials.
A pawn to tradition and survival purpose not based on love. Some are truly in it only to benefit themselves and love has little to do with it.
Yes and some cases, love can blossoms.

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +340
    • View Profile
    • First Financial Security Senior Associate
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 04:57:01 PM »
Yuav pojniam/txiv tim nplog ... always seem to be "tsis huv" rau kuv e!

Life insurance with living benefits.
Life insurance with a savings plan.
http://clients.firsfinancialsecurity.com/WF1700

Advertisements