Advertisement

Author Topic: How can you know if someone loves you?  (Read 6181 times)

Jiggles

How can you know if someone loves you?
« on: October 25, 2017, 06:06:10 AM »
How do you know if your s/o really loves you? Some people say their actions should show it. What if your s/o loves you, but they are just lazy so they don't do much for you? For others, their actions may appear to show that they love you, but what if they are just doing it out of obligation as a husband or wife and not really because they have you in their heart?  ???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: How can you know if someone loves you?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »
If I tell you, it defeats the purpose.

I tend not to eat alone or be like nkausee who goes on a once in a lifetime trip without sharing that moment with her husband.

I just can't do it unless I have to like a business trip but even with that, I am still afraid to be lonely and can not see myself eating a gourmet meal.  It has been a tv dinner nuking it with the provided microwave in the comp hotel room, furnished by my sponsors.

And like I said, the other partner will fail to see that either.  To her, her definition is more universally like the obvious stuff like buying her things like the iPhone x as a surprise. 

To her end, they tend to give up sex in thinking that is what I love and crave for.  To me, sex should not be a reward.  It is a given freebie that comes with the package so show me how you love me beyond that cuz I already have by not being selfish and enjoy the good things about life without her. 

I know it's early and it's rare when I'm this emo on hump Wednesday.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 09:34:00 AM »
How do you know if your s/o really loves you? Some people say their actions should show it. What if your s/o loves you, but they are just lazy so they don't do much for you? For others, their actions may appear to show that they love you, but what if they are just doing it out of obligation as a husband or wife and not really because they have you in their heart?  ???

Simple: if his/her action hurts you and you've brought it up and he/she's still not willing to compromise then that means he/she doesn't love you...So if you're "s/o" is lazy but don't care how that behavior hurts you then it's time to move on as he/she doesn't love you IMO...Living a life of misery ain't much living...

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:34:28 PM by theking »

Like this post: +1

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 10:09:27 AM »
If I tell you, it defeats the purpose.

I tend not to eat alone or be like nkausee who goes on a once in a lifetime trip without sharing that moment with her husband.

I just can't do it unless I have to like a business trip but even with that, I am still afraid to be lonely and can not see myself eating a gourmet meal.  It has been a tv dinner nuking it with the provided microwave in the comp hotel room, furnished by my sponsors.

And like I said, the other partner will fail to see that either.  To her, her definition is more universally like the obvious stuff like buying her things like the iPhone x as a surprise. 

To her end, they tend to give up sex in thinking that is what I love and crave for.  To me, sex should not be a reward.  It is a given freebie that comes with the package so show me how you love me beyond that cuz I already have by not being selfish and enjoy the good things about life without her. 

I know it's early and it's rare when I'm this emo on hump Wednesday.
because Duma is going around the bushes, what he meant to say is that when it comes to food, he let's you eat first but when it comes to sex, he eats first.  he would rather starve if you're not there...just like when people break up, they lose so much fat weight, because their love is gone. 

one of the best way to know is like that condom commercial...s ee if he runs out to get one.  fact is, we don't always know what they're thinking or doing, we just have to take their words and actions for it :D ;D

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

TICKLEfetish

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 09:29:01 PM »
If someone is putting forth the effort...then it's love.  If they didn't love you, they'd be gone. 

Duties?  Haha...if I wasn't getting what I needed in a relationship, I'd be outta there in a jiffy. 

If you're not happy, don't stick around and let the other person think that you are.  Talk it out.  See what they really want and what you really want.  You might learn some things about each other that you never knew. 

And if you learn that you both want completely different things...move on.  Don't let the other person think that things are fine.  You are doing yourself and your partner a great disservice if you are. 

If I wanted a threesome with another girl and she let me...then dayem, she loves me!!!  If she didn't let me...then she probably loves me even more. 

:2funny:

Blongforever

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »
Quote from: Jiggles link=topic=392195.msg4909406#msg4909406 date= :2funny:

Giggles...., “lazy”, unmotivated or uncaring in my book doesn’t count as “true love”.  ....But I’ve being told by your all time “village idiot of the world” as nothing more than ”wrongforever” so you have to decide what is right for you
Cuz a little common sense these days is no use.  :2funny: :2funny:  a little delusion driven paranoia gets you to a pulolcy changing drive. I’m glad idiot Trump is in the oval ffice!! 👍🏼👍🏼!  I know you hate that mofo and I do too.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:54:30 PM by Blongforever »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 01:35:20 AM »
Read "The 5 Languages of Love".

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »
When the person has your best interest at heart and respects and value your opinion.  When you look like a zombie in the morning and still see you as beautiful..  When your fat is hanging but don't care ahhaah...  When you're a poor cook but still eats your food... When he sees 10 x more beautiful girl than you but only has eyes for you....   some examples..but you got the idea..

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 11:31:38 AM »
When the person has your best interest at heart and respects and value your opinion.  When you look like a zombie in the morning and still see you as beautiful..  When your fat is hanging but don't care ahhaah...  When you're a poor cook but still eats your food... When he sees 10 x more beautiful girl than you but only has eyes for you....   some examples..but you got the idea..

Nah, that is not love.  Those are actions being constricted by definition.  If you are married, you play the marriage role. 

I don't cheat because I'm afraid to lose what we have been building together.  Still, even that is not love but a duty to fulfill.  Love is to like.  Do you think I love to be miserable? 

Ain't nobody say I love to wake up and play the marriage role.  Like I said In my previous above, I like to share new experiences with the person I love.  Either I do that or I forget about going places by myself. 

I love to see you happy thus why I play my role and not out of necessity. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »
if they always want to please you, they love you.  If they can't imagine seeing you suffering by working hard and they would take your place, they love you.  But if he's lazy watch TV all day and let you do all the back breaking work around the house, he cares about himself.  He's happy he doesn't have to do that and have you to do it. 

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 02:25:42 PM »
I've mentioned it before: lock her in the trunk of your car and drive around town for a couple of hours, then open the trunk to let her out.  If she's happy to see you then its unconditional love.  Same should hold true for a guy.  O0

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 09:44:38 PM »
Love? I want to say that without seeing or hearing from that person just for a day would make me worry. I worry because I would wonder what that person is doing, if they are eating well, are they keeping themselves safe, wearing warm enough clothes, what they are thinking, etc. Love makes you do crazy things, weird things, obscure out of the ordinary fulfillments that you wouldn't even do for yourself. Your objective would be to put a smile on their face. At the end of it all, it would be an achievement goal verses anything else.

Anywho, love wouldn't make you lazy. I myself think lazy people are individuals who gave up on loving someone and settled for contentment. Love is still there but most just either give up or once they achived it, are no longer want to keep it lite. :D ;D

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:47:36 PM by Giggles_Shyly »

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 07:27:20 AM »
Love can be shown in several ways , whether by action or words.  You know the person that you’re with, so you should know how they are.  Don’t compare your relationship with others, because relationships are different for different people and you never truly know what happens behind closed doors.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

captian

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 02:03:11 PM »
Love can be shown in several ways , whether by action or words.  You know the person that you’re with, so you should know how they are.  Don’t compare your relationship with others, because relationships are different for different people and you never truly know what happens behind closed doors.
which kind of love are you willing to show me?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 02:12:52 PM »
I'll tell you how you know.

It's pretty easy...

Because all they do is think of you...

Even when the hottest guy or girl comes around they don't even bother to look are care to look..

That's when you know!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements