Advertisement

Author Topic: Yay or Nay? I'm thinking about getting a projector...  (Read 3635 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Yay or Nay? I'm thinking about getting a projector...
« on: October 31, 2017, 01:18:21 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0_t-qZKM-4

Thinking about something along that line...

Yes a t.v. will be better but dang!!!  They are so big!  Aint gonna fit in my mini cooper!

And with projector's they are smaller... but then the bulb will die out eventually because well I would be using it as my primary viewing source...

So I was thinking I'd get a projector...

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

the_almighty

Re: Yay or Nay? I'm thinking about getting a projector...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 11:08:53 AM »
I'm also in the market for a new TV.  I have a 65 (living room) and a 55 (master bedroom); all Samsung.  I was looking to buy one for the family room.  I was debating all throughout Black Friday.  I've done my research on Projectors too, that's why I held out.  I can buy darker curtains for the family room and just use a projector.  If I bought a project, it would be either the Epson or BenQ brands.  However, I think I'm leaning towards another Samsung 75 inch MU8000. 

Let us know if you went the projector route and how it's turning out for you.  Pros and cons.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 01:40:33 PM »
I did go with a projector. 

It's not too bad. 

But if one could have a 80=90 inch tv, they are better off with that.

It has it's up and downs.. if you use it during the day, forget it, y ou really do have to close the blinds..

and then turn on a little lamp to get some kind of light if you need to eat food etc etc..

Blur's a bit in the top corners..  well there is a focus knob I didnt see till just now.

I have the LG something I can't remember now... it doesn't say it on the side. 

But its the type of projectors that you can keep it close to t he screen  and don't have to set it up far.

It's not bad. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

the_almighty

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 05:38:29 PM »
Awesome!!! Thanks for the honest feedback.  Finally, I can stop riding the fence and go with the 75" Samsung.   

Advertisements