Advertisement

Author Topic: Marrying someone with a different faith???  (Read 5232 times)

Offline Allday-24

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Marrying someone with a different faith???
« on: November 03, 2017, 06:11:59 PM »
Hello, I am in a relationship with a gal that I am really interested in settling down with. However, she is a strong believer of Christ and I am very traditional. Please share your experiences with me. I'd like to know how you two made it through with the differences. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Marrying someone with a different faith???
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 08:20:28 PM »
When I dated my Filipina girl. She was a devoted Catholic and a strong believer in Christ. I wasn't but I respected her preference and she respected my ways so respect for each other's belief/preference can go a long way.

When I say respect I mean you don't have to practice it or believe in it but show some respect when others are practicing it.

I broke up with her not because of her religious belief but because she became more and more insecure and controlling the more serious our relationship got. And that's a no no for me...

Good luck!

Offline Allday-24

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 08:42:26 PM »
When I dated my Filipina girl. She was a devoted Catholic and a strong believer in Christ. I wasn't but I respected her preference and she respected my ways so respect for each other's belief/preference can go a long way.

When I say respect I mean you don't have to practice it or believe in it but show some respect when others are practicing it.

I broke up with her not because of her religious belief but because she became more and more insecure and controlling the more serious our relationship got. And that's a no no for me...

Good luck!

Thanks!!

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:10:21 PM »
it's not as hard as one thinks...it's easier to convert angels into little devils, than vice versa.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Blongforever

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 12:28:39 PM »
Nothing in life is harder than dealing with brainwashed people.  Allah vs. Jesus vs. gazillionous  :idiot2:

Offline sunrain

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 01:28:11 PM »
You should really dive deep into understanding why you believe in your religion/beliefs that you do.  It is only when you truly or want to understand it from a different perspective and dimensions will you know how far you can go to be there with another person (family members, spouse, children, bf/gf, etc.)

Someone can be very deep into their beliefs because through their experiences, they have crossed boundaries, barriers, obstacles, and have witness miracles.  Whatever their experiences may be, try to understand it even if you don't practice it.  Try to learn about it, even if you disagree with it. 

Everyone is their own individual and they decipher different meanings from the same things.  Life is a mystery and to some people, it is worth living to discover the mystery of life.

I ❤ ♫ walking in the

captian

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 01:53:10 PM »
Hello, I am in a relationship with a gal that I am really interested in settling down with. However, she is a strong believer of Christ and I am very traditional. Please share your experiences with me. I'd like to know how you two made it through with the differences.

there's plenty more fishes in the sea, why you bothering with this one?  :idiot2:

Offline Allday-24

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »
You should really dive deep into understanding why you believe in your religion/beliefs that you do.  It is only when you truly or want to understand it from a different perspective and dimensions will you know how far you can go to be there with another person (family members, spouse, children, bf/gf, etc.)

Someone can be very deep into their beliefs because through their experiences, they have crossed boundaries, barriers, obstacles, and have witness miracles.  Whatever their experiences may be, try to understand it even if you don't practice it.  Try to learn about it, even if you disagree with it. 

Everyone is their own individual and they decipher different meanings from the same things.  Life is a mystery and to some people, it is worth living to discover the mystery of life.

Hey thanks! This is some good stuff. Keep an coming!

captian

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »
Hey thanks! This is some good stuff. Keep an coming!
if you think that's good advice you are lost  :idiot2:

Offline Allday-24

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 08:22:56 PM »
if you think that's good advice you are lost  :idiot2:

Why?

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 04:51:42 AM »
If this was Laos or your girl is very traditional when it comes to Hmong gender roles, then I'd say go for it. But seeing that this is America and sooner or later people put their own happiness first, I'm going to highly suggest that you end the relationship. Sooner or later what you think you have won't be enough because you two aren't growing together spiritually. Then all you have left is hopefully maintaining civility towards each other. And hey, some marriages can last on that alone. If you can be satisfied with practical love then I guess you can go for it.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:38:12 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Allday-24

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 06:03:57 AM »
The topic has come up once again! 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 12:49:01 AM »
The topic has come up once again!

The answer is still pretty much the same: as long as the two people involved in the relationship are OK with it, doesn't matter much of what others think...

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 06:10:11 AM »
I sense trouble in the horizon. 

look man, if you do end up getting marry, are you comfortable with her getting involve with the church/church functions?  Ask yourself, if not, then I suggest look somewhere else for a wife/partner/s.o.  As there're plenty.  And if you are okay with it, then by all means, go ahead.   

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 07:10:44 AM »
No problem and here is why.  As with everything, value changes.  Take the laws that governed this country.  The supreme Court job is to withheld them laws to what it is supposed to mean and not what the people of today wanted it to be but as values changes, so are them laws. 

So it is best to either you convert or to each you guys should keep and try not to offend the other practices. 

The xtian side be like... Well when we all die, mama can not find daddy to reunite in the afterlife.  This is one of the concern.  A second one is what about your children?  Which side will they take?  In this case, tell her side that the children will be xtian and you will take them to church.  Since you are not of the religion, you can go chill outside or come back after service is over for the pick up. 

By doing thus, her side of the family will bless you with the marriage. 

Key points here is to have Christian values without being a Christian.  I know it sounds stupid and I agree.  I heard that atheist be saying that they have Christian values too and with that, I laughed my azz off.  Imagine that, Jesus' secretary is an atheist.   :D

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements