Advertisement

Author Topic: What’s the weather like in Thailand during April ?  (Read 5377 times)

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
What’s the weather like in Thailand during April ?
« on: November 13, 2017, 07:53:38 PM »
Going on a mini trip to Thailand in April next year. If you have been there before, what do you recommend packing?

Suggestion on hotel and places to eat?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Re: What’s the weather like in Thailand during April ?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 07:51:24 AM »
it's going to be hot and humid...I suggest wearing bikini's as people will constantly throw water at you. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:14:47 AM »
I agree that it's going to be hot. Songkran will begin on April 13-15.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »
Hot is fine but I can’t stand the humidity. Definitely going to wear bikini and light clothing. I don’t mind getting wet.

Is songkran festival just parts of the area?

Im surprised tickets are pretty cheap in spring. Then again I’m not going for that long.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 01:21:02 PM »
There are bikini tops and bikini bottoms in France. They love to wear top bikinis on the beaches.

Not so in Thailand. Asians are more shy. So, do observe that cultural difference.

Hot is fine but I can’t stand the humidity. Definitely going to wear bikini and light clothing. I don’t mind getting wet.

Is songkran festival just parts of the area?

Im surprised tickets are pretty cheap in spring. Then again I’m not going for that long.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Renaissance

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 12:35:29 PM »
I was in Thailand in April 2016 and it was humid from Chiang Rai (northern Thailand) all the way to Phuket (southern Thailand).  If you go, I would recommend during the summer when fruits are in season or else towards the end of the year when there is less humidity.  I just came back from Thailand last week and weather was in the low 80s with not much humidity.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 01:41:50 PM »
I was in Thailand in April 2016 and it was humid from Chiang Rai (northern Thailand) all the way to Phuket (southern Thailand).  If you go, I would recommend during the summer when fruits are in season or else towards the end of the year when there is less humidity.  I just came back from Thailand last week and weather was in the low 80s with not much humidity.
forget the weather, how was the chicks? Were they hot?

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »

Wow Renaissance. You seem like a regular there. You just gave me an idea. I should go in all four different seasons to experience the weather and fruits there.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 01:35:45 AM »
Going on a mini trip to Thailand in April next year. If you have been there before, what do you recommend packing?

Suggestion on hotel and places to eat?

Don't wear bikini... will get you in trouble. Light clothing is what you want. Don't pack much, only the essentials. Last time I went there, I only pack two pairs of clothing and bought everything I needed there.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 05:57:14 PM »
It will be hot when you go in April.  My sister went in middle of Jan about 3/4 days after my BDay for 3 weeks.  She also went to Vietnam.  I would shared photos but with Flickr is too much uploading. 

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 10:36:15 AM »
SummerBerry, I’m sure it’s hot and humid this time of the year. I have a friend that is going to Vietnam in may. Share a few pictures if you don’t mind.

Renaissance

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 02:33:50 PM »
Wow Renaissance. You seem like a regular there. You just gave me an idea. I should go in all four different seasons to experience the weather and fruits there.

You don't want to go there during the rainy season and monsoon as there will be no fresh fruits and you will not enjoy the rain.  During our winter here (November through January) it will be less humid in Thailand.  From February on it will get hotter and very humid.  April through June will be times for fresh fruits.   Avoid July through September/October because that is the monsoon (wet) season.

I wish I was more computer savvy so I can post some of my pictures when I was in Vietnam and Thailand in 2016.  I was in Hanoi, Hao Long Bay, Sapa, Bangkok, Chang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, and a few more places in Thailand which I don't recall the names.

Advertisements