Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 Central Valley cities as well as party town USA made the top 5 for highest  (Read 169 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +684
    • View Profile
...property value increase in the last 5 years in the nation... ???:

In one of America's 'most miserable' cities, home prices have surged 92% in the last 5 years

If the city of Stockton, California, is any indication, misery really does love company.

Stockton's housing market is on fire, despite twice appearing on Forbes' "most miserable cities" ranking.

In the last five years, home prices in the Central Valley community have increased 92%, reports Mercury News. The median listing price in Stockton a landlocked city of about 300,000 residents is $275,000 right now, according to Zillow. In November 2013, it was $180,000.....

...Oakland, a city located near San Francisco, experienced the second-largest jump in home prices nearly 86% behind Stockton, according to the Federal Housing Finance Agency.

Las Vegas, Sacramento, and Seattle metro areas round out the top five.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Sr. Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
I fear for bankruptcy city of Stockton as housing prices are going up while the jobs available are still low paying wages.  I know too many of my friends and including myself have taken our talents to other cities. 

That Altamont pass, once you go over it, for the same job title, your rate of pay goes up.  If you have a brain, you go there to the land of milk and honey.  If you want to struggle, that's your evolution as you are comfortable with being poor. 

The commute is longer now since traffic is an indication that people are getting smarter as they are going over that hill to make their decent living. 

Prices are going up because people are moving out of the bay area and are becoming a daily commuter to work in the bay just to come by. 

Stockton is a hub.  It is placed in a spot that is about 2 hours from the ocean and 2 hours the other way to the snow Sierra. 

2 hours south for Fresno n 1 hour north for the state capital so those who knows are flooding to the hub. 

Plus no earthquake since Stockton is not running on the fault line.  Negative is that it is still a cow town so the smell might be bad in the day time and this is fog season since that fog goes nowhere n just lingers in the valley. 

I see jobs are coming to the valley as they are building more commercial warehouses but still, low paying. 

I just hope the housing prices will not go any higher.  It'll benefit me n those who own houses but I'm a team player as Stockton is still the city of poverty.  People rather live under the government assistance program here than work since the pay rate is so small that working has no incentive. 

One good thing about living in a city of poverty is the poverty brings in the minority so this redneck hate y'all Wis MN be seeing is not seen or welcome here.  Go to Walmart and you can see all the minorities that makes up the city. 

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:08:35 AM by DuMa »

"There is a party up in here... Fawk you over there"  ha

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +684
    • View Profile
Yep, agree on the "hub" part...Many Bay Area transplant for sure due to housing cost in the Bay...

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +322
    • View Profile
Home prices going up is a good thing. Not a bad thing.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
Whats the average household income in Stockton ???

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +322
    • View Profile
Whats the average household income in Stockton ???
Without googling, I'm going to guess around 60K range.

Offline DuMa

• Sr. Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
Without googling, I'm going to guess around 60K range.

Not that low n under bid.  A duplex alone is 150 the least.  However, a farm shack can be had for 50k n needs renovation badly. 
I say 170 without googling myself.  I say to buy low to give the value some room to appreciate. 

I say to buy near an area with lots of virgin land like future home of a landmark or even Amazon n the likes are moving in then there goes your jackpot. 

If 50k n not a trap house or crack house that needs 100k more of wk, I'd be quick to quit my job n play the real estate investment tycoon role. 

"There is a party up in here... Fawk you over there"  ha

Advertisements