Advertisement

Author Topic: lake tahoe  (Read 477 times)

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
lake tahoe
« on: December 05, 2017, 12:19:15 PM »
for those that has been there, what part has the best beach?  I know I could always google, but I want your guy's experiences.  thinking about going there in August of next year.  Also, is that a good time to go?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +328
    • View Profile
Re: lake tahoe
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:51:45 PM »
One year we were there during the winter.  We got snowed in and had to stay at a friend's cabin overnight.  Never saw the beaches.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:05:58 PM »
I could be wrong but every photo, every video that I have seen of lake Tahoe its always windy and cold like :P

Offline nkaujsee

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +527
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »
because I don't have kids, I like the smaller beaches where you can just lay down and chillax and sunbathe...

i'll go dig up pic. but for the time being i prefer South Lake Tahoe instead of North Tahoe

Pope Beach in Southlake tahoe

Like this post: +1

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 02:02:41 PM »
because I don't have kids, I like the smaller beaches where you can just lay down and chillax and sunbathe...

i'll go dig up pic. but for the time being i prefer South Lake Tahoe instead of North Tahoe

Pope Beach in Southlake tahoe
Thank you.

Offline Cali Guy

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 02:56:59 PM »
I have not explored the rest of Lake Tahoe except the south and southeast of the lake. It takes a little down hill hike to get to the beach at Enerald Bay but the views from the top is majestic. At the beach, you can rent kayaks. Depending on what you like, summer time is good but winter time is better.

Offline nkaujsee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 03:13:58 PM »
if u go during fall it's pretty and going up the gondola near the Heavenly resort is beautiful and breath taking...when I get a chance i'll go dig up some old photos I took when I took my parents there...

they have a lot of activities for u to do especially in south lake Tahoe as it's a popular tourist attraction area...

Offline DuMa

• Sr. Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +279
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 03:54:18 PM »
Don't go on a day like yesterday. 

Wind chill was -15

Eff that....

"There is a party up in here... Fawk you over there"  ha

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +717
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 12:21:56 AM »
for those that has been there, what part has the best beach?  I know I could always google, but I want your guy's experiences.  thinking about going there in August of next year.  Also, is that a good time to go?

"best" is subjective and opinions can vary but I've been to a few spots (fee and no fee) around the lake. I thought Lakeside was pretty nice...July and August are good months if you like to dip in that cold Sierra water...Here's a photo I took when my wife and I stayed at beach side cabin in the Lakeside area...:

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +234
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 03:41:37 PM »
^pho time with family is the best!!  :)

I have an exact Asian lev like yours. We brought it to the beach once to watch fireworks for the 4th of July, and it was a little damp and chilly (typical Midwest weather) so we were wrapped up in jackets and blankets yet still wearing flip flops. Someone took a picture of us sitting on the lev. I was like, Man we look like a bunch of refugees who just washed up on shore! lol

Offline nkaujsee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:59 PM »
lol! @ Asharia! my parents had this Lev since we were little kids...I believe it's a 20 y/o lev ...my mother had stitched together the ends a few times already and it's still holding on strong...my brother takes it out to his volleyball practices and drinks has been spilled on it and cleaned and reused

Advertisements