Advertisement

Author Topic: Illness  (Read 3524 times)

Khobnaag

Illness
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »
Hi newbie here be nice.

Serious question:
What would you do (wife) if one day you are diagnosis with a terminally illness?
As for the husband; how would you react to her illness?
Thanks !

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Illness
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:32:25 AM »
I'll inject myself with half of her illness so she doesn't have to go through it by herself.  One married, one body, one soul as being taught by the spiritual guru. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Khobnaag

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 07:44:40 AM »
Idk how to use the forum but Thanks to DuMa for being honest as I am the person with the illness.
A lot is going thru my mind and we have 5 children under teens to rise which I will however leave behind as well. 😢😢😢

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »
I would be sadden by the bad news and that's a natural feeling.

I would do my best to assure her that I am here for her no matter what. I will make sure that she knows I will take good care of her.

I'm sorry to hear, wish you the very best.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 08:31:42 AM »
If I love you till death do us part then it is only fair if you will be happy for me to get another wife to help care for your 5 kids. 

There was a guy who pre paid flowers with a message for his only daughter.  Even after he passed, every year, on her birthday, she would get flowers and a note from him.  Talking about speaking from the grave.  It helped her to go through her ordeal of missing her father. 

Time is previous for you.  Do what excites you and leave pH cuz it will be a waste if your time.  Focus on recovery and enjoy those whom you love.  Find peace in solitude and if you may, plan your peace, whether it is spiritual or giving something back to those whom have loved you. 

I'm not good at this but I'm not a cop out type of a person.  I do my duty and honor you as my wife till whatever it takes and will giggle to the natural notion that one of us must go first somehow. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 09:14:05 AM »
Hi newbie here be nice.

Serious question:
What would you do (wife) if one day you are diagnosis with a terminally illness?
Thanks !
How long are we talking about?  6 months? 3 months? 2 days? 5 years?

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 09:20:43 AM »
Idk how to use the forum but Thanks to DuMa for being honest as I am the person with the illness.
A lot is going thru my mind and we have 5 children under teens to rise which I will however leave behind as well. 😢😢😢
i have a better kdrama for you to use...help him find another woman to love and for the sake of your children.

should add #1 to your nickname...you r tears will flow like rain but you should make it just once...1khobna ag.  quaj los quaj ib zaug, tus siab los tus siab ib zaug xwb...you don't have to downplay your illness but take acceptance of your fate, live life to your fullest and prepare for the worst.  some, knowing they have a terminal illness they forget to live life that they died of other unfortunate circumstances (like a car crash or hit by a falling star). 

a loving and caring husband will not abandon you at your darkest hour and should strive to give you hope. we have so much medical advancement and technology, some of which the US won't do but China is fully capable of, if you have the money.  he should seek all possible medical attention and at the worst, give you his heart.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Khobnaag

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 01:43:30 PM »
Thanks but as of now I don't have the humor for anything.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 01:52:58 PM »
Hi newbie here be nice.

Serious question:
Thanks !

Pretty simple for me: Do my best to take care of her as that is what lifetime committment is all about..

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 03:13:18 PM »
If I was diagnose with a terminal illness - I'd be sad for sure because I'd want to be there for my loved ones at every stage of their life, want to grow old, see the world, do things before I'm ready to go.  But since this illness happens w/o my consent and beyond my control, what am I going to do?

I'm going to think positive - not going to stress myself out like it's the end of  the world, allow my illness to overcome me, to cripple me to enjoy the last moment I still have

Trust in a higher power, God - Absence in the body, presence in the Lord.. When it's time to go home, go - 

Count Your Blessing - We're all going to die someday for sure.  People w/ terminal illness, at least they know when they're going to die so they can prepare for that day spiritually, mentally, and physically as well as take care of important matters in life, etc.. Versus people that death just come unexpectedly they don't get to do that - thinking they have a long time yet and live their life wasting away.

Spend every living moments w/ my loved ones - say what you want to say, do what you want to do, etc... eat what you want to eat, be what you want to be..

New Philosophy:  A quality life is not based on the amount of years you have but what you do w/ it

So, I'm going to make the most of my life w/ the time given

And for him:  If he wants, I'll even help him look for a life partner before I go..

These are the things I'd think about/do if I were to be diagnose w/ a terminal illness.  But the truth is:  I really don't know how I'd react if reality hit.

However, just a little something to cheer u up Khobnaag... take it for a laugh...

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 07:04:32 PM »
I've been diagnosed with Terminal illness since I was born.  Infact, I have less than 80 years to live.

Khobnaag

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 12:27:49 AM »
i have a better kdrama for you to use...help him find another woman to love and for the sake of your children.

should add #1 to your nickname...you r tears will flow like rain but you should make it just once...1khobna ag.  quaj los quaj ib zaug, tus siab los tus siab ib zaug xwb...you don't have to downplay your illness but take acceptance of your fate, live life to your fullest and prepare for the worst.  some, knowing they have a terminal illness they forget to live life that they died of other unfortunate circumstances (like a car crash or hit by a falling star). 

a loving and caring husband will not abandon you at your darkest hour and should strive to give you hope. we have so much medical advancement and technology, some of which the US won't do but China is fully capable of, if you have the money.  he should seek all possible medical attention and at the worst, give you his heart.

Thanks 4 the feed back. Something to smile about for the time being.

Khobnaag

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 12:35:26 AM »
I've been diagnosed with Terminal illness since I was born.  Infact, I have less than 80 years to live.

Thanks 4 the input. Yes, I do linger on numerous things lately; our kids while I'm gone, how I want my funeral to be, n is the new wifey going to abused my orphan children. 😞😢😢😢  Pre-plann my children's graduation gifts and cards AND mostly importantly is their wedding gifts since mommy will not be present by than. SIGH.....kho siab tu siab li. Quaj los tsis muaj Kya muag quaj lawn. 😢😢😢
Lub ntuj siab tsis zoo......

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 12:39:46 AM »
I know what you mean. I too worry about how my kids will fare if I am not around for them. 

Khobnaag

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 12:43:51 AM »
If I was diagnose with a terminal illness - I'd be sad for sure because I'd want to be there for my loved ones at every stage of their life, want to grow old, see the world, do things before I'm ready to go.  But since this illness happens w/o my consent and beyond my control, what am I going to do

I'm going to think positive - not going to stress myself out like it's the end of  the world, allow my illness to overcome me, to cripple me to enjoy the last moment I still have

Trust in a higher power, God - Absence in the body, presence in the Lord.. When it's time to go home, go - 

Count Your Blessing - We're all going to die someday for sure.  People w/ terminal illness, at least they know when they're going to die so they can prepare for that day spiritually, mentally, and physically as well as take care of important matters in life, etc.. Versus people that death just come unexpectedly they don't get to do that - thinking they have a long time yet and live their life wasting away.

Spend every living moments w/ my loved ones - say what you want to say, do what you want to do, etc... eat what you want to eat, be what you want to be..

New Philosophy:  A quality life is not based on the amount of years you have but what you do w/ it

So, I'm going to make the most of my life w/ the time given

And for him:  If he wants, I'll even help him look for a life partner before I go..

These are the things I'd think about/do if I were to be diagnose w/ a terminal illness.  But the truth is:  I really don't know how I'd react if reality hit.

However, just a little something to cheer u up Khobnaag... take it for a laugh...

True. Never in a million thought would I ever THINK it would be me one day. Sadly....I suppose God had a plan of his own. Sigh....😢😢😢 the moment I stop n think about it.....tears trembled down my cheeks bc my children are still so young. I don't want to leave them but is not a trip as where I can bring them along. Sigh.....😢😢😢😢😞

I looked at their cute faces everyday n wonder who's going to love them when I closed my eyes. They r so young and know nothing of mommy illness. 😢😢😢😢

Advertisements