Advertisement

Author Topic: Illness  (Read 3526 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Illness
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 10:13:45 AM »
Khobnaag:  I'm a mother myself and my heart breaks for you.  Not sure if you go to Church or not, but may your faith in a higher power give you comfort/ peace in this difficult time. 

Surround yourself w/ love and loved ones... Take one day at a time for now.. and bottom line, there's no word to describe what you're going through :'( :'( :'(

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:31:05 AM by Cali Guy »

Blongforever

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »
I'll inject myself with half of her illness so she doesn't have to go through it by herself.  One married, one body, one soul as being taught by the spiritual guru.

Hahahaha....., that’s a joke right DuMa?

As a committed partner, it would be in her best interests for you to stay in shapes (mentally, physically and spiritually) so you can tend to her needs and support her at her weakest moments but you’d rather make yourself unavailable to care for her ?  LOL!!! 

Renaissance

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 12:30:29 PM »
If I was diagnose with a terminal illness - I'd be sad for sure because I'd want to be there for my loved ones at every stage of their life, want to grow old, see the world, do things before I'm ready to go.  But since this illness happens w/o my consent and beyond my control, what am I going to do?

I'm going to think positive - not going to stress myself out like it's the end of  the world, allow my illness to overcome me, to cripple me to enjoy the last moment I still have

Trust in a higher power, God - Absence in the body, presence in the Lord.. When it's time to go home, go - 

Count Your Blessing - We're all going to die someday for sure.  People w/ terminal illness, at least they know when they're going to die so they can prepare for that day spiritually, mentally, and physically as well as take care of important matters in life, etc.. Versus people that death just come unexpectedly they don't get to do that - thinking they have a long time yet and live their life wasting away.

Spend every living moments w/ my loved ones - say what you want to say, do what you want to do, etc... eat what you want to eat, be what you want to be..

New Philosophy:  A quality life is not based on the amount of years you have but what you do w/ it

So, I'm going to make the most of my life w/ the time given

And for him:  If he wants, I'll even help him look for a life partner before I go..

These are the things I'd think about/do if I were to be diagnose w/ a terminal illness.  But the truth is:  I really don't know how I'd react if reality hit.

However, just a little something to cheer u up Khobnaag... take it for a laugh...

What Dok Champa said.  She is wise beyond her years and took my thoughts.   ;)

Advertisements