Advertisement

Author Topic: I was one of the lucky few who (SW: TLJ spoilers)...  (Read 254 times)

Offline LION HEART

• Board Moderator
  • I ENJOY WATCHING THE WORLD BURN.
  • Respect: +318
    • View Profile
    • Waiting for...
I was one of the lucky few who (SW: TLJ spoilers)...
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:43:45 AM »
I was one of the lucky few who, this past weekend, was able to attend an early screening of Star Wars:  The Last Jedi.  Being that I love spoiling kids, I'll spoil you all rotten with my review.  All the folks that were in my screening were comprised of media and social media influencers but that's not why we're here, so let's get to my review!

First of all, the movie opens up with obviously the German Brass Century Fox Fanfare Theme followed by the infamous the main Star Wars theme and the yellow letters crawl to the backdrop of space.  Obviously, during this part, there was a lot of hollering and hooting.  After all, we only waited two freaking years for this sequel.  And with bated breath and anticipation that could no longer be held back at bay, it was chorus of joy and excitement. 

Second, after the opening credits roll, the camera pans to the action as we jump right into it.  This sets the tone for the rest of the film with explosions, chases, and so forth.  Basically, with the destruction of the Starkiller Base in The Force Awakens, the First Order has been seeking out the Resistance base on D'Qar to exact their revenge and they've finally arrived.  The Resistance has to evacuate D'Qar.  It's very similar to what happened during the opening of The Empire Strikes Back on the icy planet of Hoth.

And if you want to know more about what happens next, you'll just have to wait until Thursday evening, December 14, 2017!  Ha ha!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  Not spoiling the rest of it at all but do stay for the end of the film!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:12:25 PM by LION HEART »

Like this post: 0

I PREFER WOMEN WHO CLEAN & JERK AND HAVE A NICE A SNATCH!

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +683
    • View Profile
Re: I was one of the lucky few who (SW: TLJ spoilers)...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 12:07:23 PM »
 O0

Like this post: +1

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 05:00:54 PM »
I can't remember the main character's name but I hope she turns to the dark side. I know a lot of people is looking forward to her being the new savoir(Jedi) but I hoping hollywood will break everyone's heart and turn her evil. It would make my world! :D Kill off Luke skywalker and build up a whole new saga. It would make for an awesome story! WooHoo! O0

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:04:15 PM by Yebleng »

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +219
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 09:40:40 PM »
How is it compared to the last one?
I've only seen the shitty prequels. The previous one and rogue one.

Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Offline LION HEART

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Waiting for...
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 12:56:39 PM »
How is it compared to the last one?
I've only seen the shitty prequels. The previous one and rogue one.

Let's just say, this film is unlike any previous Star Wars films and I truly enjoyed it.  It starts out, as described above, similarly to Empire Strikes Back. After the opening crawl you jump right into the action as described above and again it sets the tone for the rest of the film.  You'll be engaged and emotionally invested, so be sure to let out your bodily fluids beforehand and avoid consumption of food and drink.  You're not going to want to miss a minute.  After these sequences end, the film does its own thing and goes off in a different direction; doesn't follow the formula you've come to know previously set by the original and prequel trilogies so it is NOT Empire Strikes Back. 

I thought Mark Hamill gave an Oscar-worthy performance.  Daisy Ridley and Adam Shriver both also gave exceptional performances.  That's all I can reveal about that.  Kelly Marie Tran will be the suprise standout of the film.  I think she'll resonate with a lot of people and she makes the most of a her screentime which is a lot!  Hurray for Asian-Americans!

If you're wondering about Rey's parentage or Snoke's background, let's just say you get pieces of a puzzle which you can later go on and put together.  And if you love discussing and debating the Star Wars mythos, this film will take all that you know and fcuk you over.  There will be plenty to discuss and theory craft for many years to come and as Luke said, "This is not going to end the way that you think." 

Overall, I think people will be impressed with Rian Johnson's work on the film and will be looking forward to the new trilogy he will be producing in the near future as we move away from the Skywalkers and explore the Unknown Regions.  May the force be with you... ALWAYS

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +189
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 05:59:17 PM »
Yesterday I tried buying tickets for a weekend showing but all the good seats were taken for almost every showing (they have like 20+ showings). Yikes! I guess I'll wait til next week. Also, I didn't read your review because I don't want any spoilers but I'm assuming it was a thorough and detailed and spoiler-filled review.

Offline DuMa

• Sr. Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +243
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 08:43:42 PM »
Kelly Marie Tran, a Viet American. 

"There is a party up in here... Fawk you over there"  ha

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:40:14 PM »
I will wait to see it 2/3 weeks after opening. 

Offline LION HEART

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Waiting for...
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »
Kelly Marie Tran, a Viet American.

She's awesome!  People are going to love her.

Advertisements