Advertisement

Author Topic: A QUIET PLACE (2018)  (Read 3638 times)

LION HEART

A QUIET PLACE (2018)
« on: December 19, 2017, 12:29:47 PM »
If anyone has gone to the movie theatres lately, you had to have caught the trailer for the upcoming film, A Quiet Place.  See this link for the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9wE8dyzEJE

My initial reaction to the trailer goes something like this... what's up with the audio?  What is hunting this family? 

So to break it down, here are some things I've observed and am assuming.

1) The family appears to be walking on either sand or salt as to not make a noise.
2) They are communicating in sign language as a necessity because silence IS survival.
3) They are discovered but it appears she's either pregnant or paralyzed in the bath tub and she appears to be screaming or is she? 
4) Whatever is hunting them is attracted to sound, so could it possibly be zombies like The Walking Dead?

Let's discuss your initial reactions, compare and contrast observations, and make some predictions. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Re: A QUIET PLACE (2018)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »
good thing you are trying to make some noise in this 'quiet place'...

Like this post: +1
wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 01:06:11 PM »
what happens if you have to sneeze or fart?

LION HEART

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 01:15:34 PM »
what happens if you have to sneeze or fart?

That's precisely what I meant to discuss.  People snore.  People fart.  People sneeze.  People grunt. People have bodily functions that make noises.  Realistically, we could never be quiet but put it into the perspective of the film we are left to assume that it has to be a certain type of noise.  You couldn't soundproof the place because soundproofing requires building things and putting them together thus noise.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 04:52:06 PM »
First time I’ve heard of this movie. As I was watching the trailer, I was thinking, it’s nearly impossible not to make a sound. Right away I thought it’s going to be dumb lol but towards the end it looks interesting. Looking forward to it.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

hmg_mom

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 11:31:41 AM »
now the question is: Have you guys seen the movie now?

Peachy Fish

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 09:32:54 PM »
I do want to watch it, but am too scared. Planning on watching it with my hubby.

hmg_mom

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 12:32:07 PM »
First watched this move for 2 mins.. didn't like it. That was home. Flew to Hawaii and was stuck on the plane for 7 hours so ended up re-watching it on the plane. It was a great movie! Love it...

:2funny: :2funny: so silly. We had rented it while visiting my parents so everyone was very quiet. My hub got bored the first 2mins also cause of the quietness that he went straight to bed HAHAHA

I do want to watch it, but am too scared. Planning on watching it with my hubby.

HAHA no scur, it's just very intense because it's so quiet

Advertisements