Advertisement

Author Topic: Netflix's "Dark"  (Read 7303 times)

vangsean

Netflix's "Dark"
« on: December 31, 2017, 05:15:04 PM »
Anyone saw one of Netflix's recent show called, Dark? I thought it was a good show. Very interesting to say the least. If you love sci fi, drama, suspense, topic of time and space, and mysteriousness, then I highly recommend you to watch the show. (There's no big action scenes btw. A few punches and pushes thrown, some chase scenes, but not that much action. So if you love action, and expect action to happen here and there, then this show won't be for you.)

The show left me some unanswered questions, but I still liked the show regardless. They recently renewed the show too, so I hope they explain more in season two. Otherwise, it's a good show to watch in my opinion.

The show's in German by the way. So you either have to watch it with English subs or dubs.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 06:23:04 PM by vangsean »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

vangsean

Re: Netflix's "Dark"
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 03:31:04 PM »
I watched all 10 episodes on a plane. It's not a show for everyone --slow pacing, unsympathetic characters, unoriginal attempt to be clever in certain regards not to mention the complexity of its plot --but if Twin Peaks and the Xfiles and Stranger Things had a threesome the situation would be Dark (haha.. sorry, not sorry). The show's premise is far more philosophical then the viewer may be led to believe in an attempt at world building. That is, it doesn't ask the audience to believe in a world that could be but a world that actually is. How does your perception change once reality is augmented? Or is there responsibility in cascading failure? Anyway, the soundtrack is great too..

I agree the show's not 100% perfect, and it had some flaws, but I actually liked the slow pace. It gave us more insight into the characters and the world they live in before anything exciting starts. I think too many films/TV shows now and days rush this specific part and it just makes the world/characters two-dimensional. The plot/idea/concept has been used before, but I like the fact that they added their own twist to it. So it's unique in my opinion. But yes. Dark is a mixture of a lot of sci fi/mystery shows yet still held its own original content. (And haha! I see what you did there LOL Twin Peaks + X files + Stranger Things = Dark.) I guess you can say it's Germany's version of "Stranger Things," if you will.  Anyway, not everyone will like the show, but I personally enjoyed and liked Dark. Soundtrack is indeed great.

Like this post: 0

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »
okay, I'll go watch it tonight. Been scrolling passed it for a while now and wanted to try but just didn't have the patience to watch another series.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 11:01:17 AM »
Watched the first episode lastnight.  Not too bad I guess.  Can't go wrong when you start off a series with a sex scene, complete with nudity and girl nipples.   O0

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:04:48 AM »
Well, aarrgghhhhh lol
Also, do you guys watch Black Mirror?

OMG, I can't believe he died so long ago already.  Like 6 years ago already.  How time flys.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 10:19:17 AM »
I watched half an episode of black mirror, but it disturbed me very much so I stopped. I realize that that is the point of the series but there it is.  :-\
You must've saw the pig episode.  That was disturbing.  I think each episode is written by a different author so they're all different.  Don't let one stop you from seeing the next.  Myself, I'm not really into British shows.  Every British show I ever seen has been disappointing. Not very exciting.  I think the 3rd episode of season 1, was right on though.  The one where the lawyer suspected his wife was cheating on him.  She gave off all the classic signs of a cheating wife.  I think the author did a great job of showing all the signs that married and cheating women give off.  He even points it out in the movie to emphasize it.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:20:31 AM »
Please do! Then come back and tell us what you think.
Watched the whole season.  it was okay?

captian

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 01:47:49 PM »
Anyone saw one of Netflix's recent show called, Dark? I thought it was a good show. Very interesting to say the least. If you love sci fi, drama, suspense, topic of time and space, and mysteriousness, then I highly recommend you to watch the show. (There's no big action scenes btw. A few punches and pushes thrown, some chase scenes, but not that much action. So if you love action, and expect action to happen here and there, then this show won't be for you.)

The show left me some unanswered questions, but I still liked the show regardless. They recently renewed the show too, so I hope they explain more in season two. Otherwise, it's a good show to watch in my opinion.

The show's in German by the way. So you either have to watch it with English subs or dubs.
i watched the first episode when i was in nepal this past jan. it was okay.

Advertisements