Advertisement

Author Topic: ProudLao won't like this but it's been 35 yrs and the Dr's rock the baby cradle  (Read 1082 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...dunk on the Lakers' Cooper is still as good now as it was when I saw it as a kid back in January of 83  O0:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Dude, I've seen that dunk so many times and I do not need to be reminded of it okay lol I do miss those good old basketball days. I really enjoyed the competition then, not so now.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
It looks sweet but the guy is too tall to make it pretty.

Jordan is the right height to make any dunk pretty.

Like a ballroom dancer, the right height may steal the show. 

Jordan, his dunk looks like a wwf wrestling guy flying to put the ball into a trash can.  It is that intense.  So intense that later in his years, he stopped dunking while putting his head first cuz that ball have hit his head and does it hurt?  These days, they call it a concussion.  Back in them days, I never heard of such a word. 

I didn't play b ball till 89 when moved to California from Narleans.  We played football in Narleans and that's about it.  We kids play Viet games like cricket fighting, Betta fighting, kite fighting, marbles, hide n seek n stuff like that.  Also Huckleberry stuff like tree house n fishing n hunting with homie dad's a cop so single shot shotgun at only 10 years old. 

My MN cousin introduced me to Jordan when I visited the mall of America for the first time.  Saw the life size poster of Jordan at foot locker n was I wanna be like Mike ever since. 

Watched every bulls games on free tv.  Too poor to have cable n went balling right away after the game was over. 

We tend to have more fun when we try out them moves we saw on TV.

The Jordan era were my fondest memories.  NBA these days, if it was not for sports gambling, I would give a rat azz about it.  If Jordan was playing in this era, he would make people look stupid. 

I remembered a game when he dunked over a smaller guy and someone says for him to pick on someone his size.  A few plays later, he dunked over a 7 footer and looks at the guy and said..is that tall enough?

I'm not just a Jordan fanatic.  Never own any jordans.  I am a fan of talent.  Spud web only 5'8 or so n could dunk n won a dunk contest.  D wilkins n his windmill dunk.  Larry bird white boy can shoot.  Magic with his passes.  John Stockton to the mailman Karl Malone.  David Roberson with the Spurs and before the Tim Duncan era. 

So many stars during that era. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant is up there with Jordan in my opinion when it comes to dunking.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant is up there with Jordan in my opinion when it comes to dunking.

The next generation I see.

Kobe reminds me of so many I wanna be like Mike kids at the playground.  They sure can ball like him but all imitation. 

Not taking anything away from Kobe though.  He is what kept basketball alive. 

It is hard to explain to those who have not live that era.  Like if someone say the raiders dynasty of the 70s, I would have no clue myself.  I was still in diapers

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
As far as dunking goes, VC is the best thus for me IMO.

As far as idol goes, Dr. J was Michael Jordan's idol so I can see why Kobe's idol is MJ...and I'm sure Kobe will be the next idol to the next high flyer...

Dr J is 6'6" same as Jordan, Kobe, and Vince so seem like that's the ideal height...

Advertisements