Advertisement

Author Topic: Sociology Degree  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Sociology Degree
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
Ok, what can you do w/ a Sociology degree? What about grad school, what's a good major w/ this undergrad degree?

Thanks folks.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Re: Sociology Degree
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:20:18 PM »
I'm currently reading a book by Dr. Brenee Brown to learn more about trust and vulnerability.  She's a superstar sociologist.

https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewngFnXcqao

Her model BRAVING is pretty interesting. 

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 09:22:48 PM »
I knew a person who went on to do his MBA.  He uses his sociologist to try to understand people and situation and adapt.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »
After a little research, I suppose any post grad majors will compliment this degree but just the degree alone will not bring many job opportunities and or limiting ones opportunity.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

TruthAboveKnowledge

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:40:38 PM »
I have a question.  Do KKK clan members and Trump believe in sociology?  I guess they have to learn how to live amongst each other amongst themselves. 

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »
After a little research, I suppose any post grad majors will compliment this degree but just the degree alone will not bring many job opportunities and or limiting ones opportunity.

Yes.  Arts degrees are fantastic to help the professional understand people, but they are terrible in application for business and technology.  Most people do like an undergrad hard science then do a grad level in a soft science or vice versa.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 07:12:02 PM »
I have a question.  Do KKK clan members and Trump believe in sociology?  I guess they have to learn how to live amongst each other amongst themselves.

Do you believe in sociology or do you have to learn to live with others to live amongst other  :idiot2:

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements