Advertisement

Author Topic: Teacher dared to question why the superintendent got a raise. Got arrested..  (Read 4289 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
I keep saying, public sector has no real incentive to be efficient and cut costs.  The people on top get all the money, drive the mercedes, bmw's etc.  They don't have to be the best at the job either, they just gotta have the contacts (networking).  When real work needs to be done, administrators can simply hire contractors to do the work for them.  The people at the bottom should just be thankful they still got a job.  This lady dared to question the system.  Result: got herself arrested.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sg8lY-leE8&feature=share

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
When the teachers hurt, the kids hurt. Its as clear as day light. The teaching style and attitude of the teachers has changed in the last 25 years and its all due to bullshit like this. I want to feel sorry for my kids but I won't. As a parent I have to do my part even if the system has failed us.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
You mean like at my other job, they just hired a clinical operational management who's resume shows her grad in 2016 with a degree at the University of Phoenix online school. 

No matter to me.  She doesn't direct me n my crew.  If her job wasn't so boring, I would of taken that position with internal hiring. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Heh.. I had a boss once, who's son worked for our "non profit" public school district. There's a manager between her and her son.  The son reports to this manager, the manager reports to her since our company didn't allow nepotism.  He used to be a golfer before taking on this job so no experience.  His job was to teach 3 blind students how to walk with a cane.  It was a full time job too.  He see these students probably once a week for an hour or two.  The rest of the week, who knows what he does.  They paid for all sorts of training for him too.  I'd say, he probably works 3 hours a week.  That's a great full time job if you asked me.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
The american culture have shifted to shareholder from stakeholder.  Nobody cares about the stakeholders like the community no more.  It's a game of corporate vampirism.  So since it's everyone for oneself, why not look out for #1?  The superintendent is simply doing what everyone else is doing.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The american culture have shifted to shareholder from stakeholder.  Nobody cares about the stakeholders like the community no more.  It's a game of corporate vampirism.  So since it's everyone for oneself, why not look out for #1?  The superintendent is simply doing what everyone else is doing.
Unlike private companies, schools are public and non profit.  That means they leech off your tax dollars and don't have to be efficient because they're non profit so there's no way they'll go out of business.  If they need more money, taxes can just go up.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Unlike private companies, schools are public and non profit.  That means they leech off your tax dollars and don't have to be efficient because they're non profit so there's no way they'll go out of business.  If they need more money, taxes can just go up.

Wrong again!

Although it's common knowledge, your narrow view prevented you from seeing facts like some schools are also "private" but it's not surprising given your track record of ignorance... ;D ;D ;D

Like this post: +1

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Wrong again!

Although it's common knowledge, your narrow view prevented you from seeing facts like some schools are also "private" but it's not surprising given your track record of ignorance... ;D ;D ;D
::) ::)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Don't want to get beaten by facts, don't be ignorant and "dumb".. ::) ::)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

What's next, another worthless zero integrity "ignore" ???... ::)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
I keep saying, public sector has no real incentive to be efficient and cut costs.  The people on top get all the money, drive the mercedes, bmw's etc.  They don't have to be the best at the job either, they just gotta have the contacts (networking).  When real work needs to be done, administrators can simply hire contractors to do the work for them.  The people at the bottom should just be thankful they still got a job.  This lady dared to question the system.  Result: got herself arrested.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sg8lY-leE8&feature=share

They have incentives for being efficient and cut costs.  They're also good at it, that's why they can afford those expensive cars. They have to know how to cut costs so that they can get a good amount of money themselves.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
They have incentives for being efficient and cut costs.  They're also good at it, that's why they can afford those expensive cars. They have to know how to cut costs so that they can get a good amount of money themselves.
On the other hand, the bigger your budget, the more important you appear, the more money the board will give you to manage it.  ;)

Advertisements