Advertisement

Author Topic: What Is Fair Wage?  (Read 6778 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
What Is Fair Wage?
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:28:27 PM »
What do you all think is a fair wage?  Let's say you operate a company.  How much do you want to pay your worker?  What does fair mean?  Who should set fair?  Should it be you, government, or market?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: What Is Fair Wage?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:12:12 AM »
I think fair wage should be whatever you and the person working for you agree on.  I don't really believe in minimum wages unless you're planning on hiring children.  I think if you hire children or someone we deemed unable to make an adult decision, then yes, we should have a minimum wage for them.  Otherwise, if they are capable adults and agree to work for less, we should let them because it might be the only way they'll get the job.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:28:10 AM »
C grade is fair, b grade is good n a grade is excellent

If you want to measure fair as in a livable wages, set the pay high enough that you have people fighting for the opening. 

In this way, no one wants to leave and working moral will go up.

Used to run around with my boys at a software company that is out in nowhere but still by the bay called infomatica.  I used to owned their stocks so yeah.  That campus is beautiful like out of nowhere is this mega giant buildings that has everything for their employees.  A gym and a full service restaurant style kitchen with no cashier.  Just go in like a buffet bar n eat whatever like a cruise ship style. 

We got fat lol

It is these simple small perks that keeps the employees at bay.  Some work for the benefits.  Free medical, quarterly gain share bonuses, auto matic 401k without you putting nothing into it and holiday off like today, kaydoo guy day n off with pay on a silly non official holiday.  Even Chinese new year is a company holiday too lol.  They pay for your toll charges n they pay for your Fon bill since they do personal call to your phone during business hours.  If your spouse has medical that covers you, you can ompt out and instead of the company pays the monthly medical tab on your behalf, they can just give you that money instead.  How much is medical monthly these days?  Couple hundreds a month? 

Well what I just shared is just a sample of my own benefits.  My coworker milked it all.  Medical pay comes to him n he also got payed for the car pool allowance program.  All adds up to $500 a month.  So guess what he did?  Went out n bought a car of choice so it is like the company is paying for his ride. 

You can pay cheap but all those added benefits can keep a person at bay. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 09:17:44 PM »
Define livable wage? 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 09:43:32 PM »
Define livable wage?

Opinions vary but...

"Fair"?: Meets both parties' needs

"Livable wage"?: Enough to support one's needs and is sustainable

Blongforever

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 04:18:40 PM »
 :2funny:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:57:27 AM by Blongforever »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 02:09:34 AM »
I think fair wage should be whatever you and the person working for you agree on.  I don't really believe in minimum wages unless you're planning on hiring children.  I think if you hire children or someone we deemed unable to make an adult decision, then yes, we should have a minimum wage for them.  Otherwise, if they are capable adults and agree to work for less, we should let them because it might be the only way they'll get the job.

Oh, isn't this conservative of you?

What a looney bin you are. You libtards don't even know your own stance. You just allow charges of racism incite anger in you. Just like dumb Hmong Christians who claim they are Jesus children but then vote for Democrats - who are so anti-Christians - on the basis that they like the way Democrat politicians lie about compassion.

People like you are so dumb, weak, and waste of space. I'll bet as soon as I make up claims of racism you'll start to back up $15 min wage.

You a-holes are the same people who hate blacks, call them niggers, but as soon as a GOP candidate comes on air you act like you are a black man's best friend just because blacks are too dumb to realize the Republican Party never switched sides. The Dems just started handing out candy to blacks, that's all. They bought you all off.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 02:17:31 AM »
Libtards are very stupid. If you put a side-by-side comparison chart of conservative vs. liberal without a title, libtards would choose conservatism. But they are stupid and easily distracted. Dems know this. That's why every time a good GOP policy is being pushed that's when you'll see Dem mainstream media distract their sheep with racism, sexism, and all this other stupid s.hit.

Dems are only good at indoctrination . They have no real ideas. Everything is about emotions only. Like this fair wage question. If YOU don't like what your employer is paying you then show them why you're worth more. If they don't give it to you then GO ELSEWHERE where they are willing to pay you what you're asking for. You might like your paycheck but the next person might not mind.

the_almighty

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 02:32:49 PM »
Fair wage has nothing to do with livable wage.  A minimum wage should be a livable wage.  If you perceive that you're not making a livable wage, then you have to prioritize learning a skill or getting a higher education.

Fair wage is being paid fairly for the type of work performed.  Fair wage has a direct correlation to education and skill.

You should not get $15.00 an hour for flipping a burger.  When that happens, you know that inflation has hit an all time high.  The Big Mac combo meal will be sold for $25.00.  Gas, will be $10.50 a gallon.  A loaf of bread will be $7.00.

Like this post: +1

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »

What's wrong with you YAX... thinking like a GOP/Conservatives. I figured you liberals would be crying $15/hr to all burger flippers no matter where they live  ;D

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 07:06:51 AM »
The min wages in San Jose is at 13.50 an hour. 

This is just a testing ground to see if it works or not.  They uses live humans for these tests.  If it does not work, no way are they gonna drop that prices down. 

I have seen kids loved what they are doing.  They have more spending power now.  They are also arrogant as well.  They know that no matter where they go, they can still get the same starting wages. 

Now let's say if the min wages were set at 11 bucks and they worked well enough to get that 13.5 wages.  Would they still take their job for granted?  They know that if they want to jump jobs, it  is not a guarantee that they will start at 13.5 per hour so with that, they take their jobs more seriously. 

SF is 15 I believed.

I think this raised min wages should be based on a person's needs.  If you are raising a family, you get it.  If you are just a high school kid, cheaper for you. 

Then again, that'll be unfair they cry but if the government mandate that, tough luck kiddo.  Go pop babies to qualify.  Now we will have a new epidemic forming. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 04:04:54 AM »
FAIR WAGE is when a libtard company like Whole Foods virtue signals that they are paying a fair wage to some third world kid to pick tea leaves for less than .05 cents. But if a non-libtard company does the same they are greedy corporatists. Libtard companies believe that other companies aren't negotiating wages with the people they hire.  :idiot2:

This is the same bulls.hit I read in scholarship essays written by leftist turds who claim they want to become a doctor to help low-income patients but we all know the doc will be reimbursed by the government at full value. Or like the leftist turd dude who wants to become an architect to build low-income housing but I, as a private client, can't hire him to build me an affordable house.

San Francisco has terribly high cost of housing because of LIBERAL POLICIES, like rent control and all these regulations on building codes. 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 04:12:21 AM »
The min wages in San Jose is at 13.50 an hour. 

This is just a testing ground to see if it works or not.  They uses live humans for these tests.  If it does not work, no way are they gonna drop that prices down. 

I have seen kids loved what they are doing.  They have more spending power now.  They are also arrogant as well.  They know that no matter where they go, they can still get the same starting wages. 

Now let's say if the min wages were set at 11 bucks and they worked well enough to get that 13.5 wages.  Would they still take their job for granted?  They know that if they want to jump jobs, it  is not a guarantee that they will start at 13.5 per hour so with that, they take their jobs more seriously. 

SF is 15 I believed.

I think this raised min wages should be based on a person's needs.  If you are raising a family, you get it.  If you are just a high school kid, cheaper for you. 

Then again, that'll be unfair they cry but if the government mandate that, tough luck kiddo.  Go pop babies to qualify.  Now we will have a new epidemic forming.

If they pop out a baby then wouldn't they be eligible for EBT and section 8? California is pretty lenient when it comes to entitlements for blacks and Hispanics. Why bother to even get a job? I don't understand Hmong who support the Democratic Party in California. They are basically voting to support Blacks and Hispanics. We all know this sh.it doesn't really benefit the Hmong. Sure, there are Hmong on welfare in California who shouldn't be since they are young and able-bodied, but in the end, blacks and Hispanics outnumber the Hmong. The Hmong get scraps. It benefits the Hmong more if they have jobs. Stop fighting blacks and Hispanics for that welfare pot because they're gonna get it first.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 11:03:20 AM »
Fare wage.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 08:51:09 PM »
Being able to pay your bill and buy food
And stuff for fun
Go on trips

Not lining up for EBT, and healthcare at the social services