Advertisement

Author Topic: This is where and how modern Hmong entertainments originated from  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
When you have two hostels for opposite sexes of humans next to each other, you have longings and, so, I can understand how such innovations would have come about.

Txiv Plig Nyiaj Pov wrote this before he died:

https://scontent.ffcm1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26907572_329442044220704_5007069146758788938_n.jpg?oh=acd26a39304e5d975e4e70f26c77c70c&oe=5AF9BBA5

« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 05:18:36 AM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
Re: This is where and how modern Hmong entertainments originated from
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 02:21:00 PM »
Yet, we gave our throne to stupid Laos.

When France came over, they were willingly to give Hmong a land by forcing Lao to step down of the thrown is because they can't forge metal except clay pots. Lao was still in the stone age while Hmong is in the early stage of gunpowder age. The sad news is, we didn't want to have a country and let Lao to take over us. That's stupid! Hmong people are like those horrible monopoly players who gives Boarwalk as for a trade for Baltic ave.

France never considered such a thing. The French actually held the hmong people as a lower class in comparison to the Lao people.  That was why the hmong people revolted against the French. Also,  France didn't wanted to colonized the area under French rule. They were not trying to overthrow the previous government because they wanted to give hmong people a throne. And after that, the French neglected the territory because they didn't have much to gain from the area. That's why Laos wasn't progressing economically compared to Vietnam.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 12:23:21 PM »
Dude, my uncle knows what he's talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcnlJOvLkLc

My uncle is part of the UN argument about Laos. Did you know that Laos doesn't know how to make gunpowder? All they know is clay and making stone pots. In fact, they are in the Stone Age while we were in the gunpowder age. History repeats itself. We are the founders of rice and who stole it? The Chinese. We made gunpowder and who stole it? The Chinese. We have advancement tools in the French SEA wars and who made a dumb trade? Hmong people did. We gave it to Laos and they got everything. No wonder why they call us, "The Stupid Humble Man."

My uncle told me this; also, he said that there is a village where Hmong folks were being attacked by a bunch of racist Laotians and Thai who are ready to hunt Hmong people like cattle. There's is Lao guy, wearing a very, very, very, long sash, bragging how manly he is. Hmong people just look at him and they aren't afraid of it. However, behind his back is this long samurai lao sword and most of them are afraid of this dude. more than 10 Hmong folks are afraid of this guy. Thai people said, "We will just watch Lao and Hmong fight each other. If Lao lose, we will pull our pistol out and kill them." One day, a Hmong guy, comes fully prepared with a wooden club that is full of sharp metal in it as they run up hill away from the Lao guy with the sword. As he approaches to a tree, he didn't see the Hmong guy with a wooden club that is full of sharp metals in it. He passes the Hmong guy and suddenly, the Hmong dude bashes that Lao guy's head apart to the point, the Lao guy's brains fell off. Then they all run for it because Thai police are coming to kill them.

They never caught the Hmong guy who killed the Lao guy. There is another story about Hmong children getting beat up by Lao kids and Lao adults who are parents is because they are forcing Hmong to be like an animal. Guess what? We kicked their asses and they lost.

As I research why Laotians are sooooo cocky is because Laos's DNA and culture are similar to Black people. It's no wonder why they are lazy and cocky is because they came from THEM!

This has nothing to do with your claim that the French was willing to give hmong a land and forced the Laotian to step down.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 05:06:06 PM »
The 2009 estimate for total Laos population is 6.8 million. The Hmong-Laos population - based on what I can find on net search - is estimated 300,000. Hmong makes up about (rounded up) 5% of the total Laos population. This is probably similar to pre-1970s as Hmong are just another small ethnic group in all of Southeast Asia and China.

I find it hard that France would even consider giving the full government power to a small ethnic group that made up 5% of Laos that can barely sustain on their own. Everything the Hmong reaped in Laos - autonomy, Royal Lao political position, education, technology - was all given to by Laos. In other words, there was nothing the Hmong had that the French would've wanted so bad that they would give Hmong the royal throne. Unless the French really liked boiled mustard greens and pork ribs and Hmong pants with no penis holes or zippers in them.

Advertisements