Advertisement

Author Topic: Graphic design Job Market in St. Paul/ Minneapolis.  (Read 2853 times)

colorMErainbow

Graphic design Job Market in St. Paul/ Minneapolis.
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:20:42 PM »
Hey you guys!
What's the job market like there in St. Paul/ Minneapolis for this field. Planning to move there sometime next years or so hoping to find better use of my degree...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

captian

Re: Graphic design Job Market in St. Paul/ Minneapolis.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 02:35:25 PM »
Hey you guys!
What's the job market like there in St. Paul/ Minneapolis for this field. Planning to move there sometime next years or so hoping to find better use of my degree...
i wouldn't move to MN with a graphic design degree. you would fair better in optimizing your credentials in LA or somewhere near the bay where lots of companies are starting up and needing something like that. I would recommend NYC also but i don't think you would make it out there. good luck.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:28:12 AM »
Graphic design = hard field to make it in.  Good luck though. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:56:28 AM »
Go back to school n use that talent to study at Michigan State, the number one school for packaging engineer.  Packaging design is also a focus in that field. 

The only engineer field of study that only required a statistic level math.  No calculus no bullchit. Well that was when I was still in school. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

colorMErainbow

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
i wouldn't move to MN with a graphic design degree. you would fair better in optimizing your credentials in LA or somewhere near the bay where lots of companies are starting up and needing something like that. I would recommend NYC also but i don't think you would make it out there. good luck.

Yeah i get it. It is hard. But i believe i do have potential with more learning. Grarphic design is my career field. My real passion is freelance art. Lolll

colorMErainbow

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »
Graphic design = hard field to make it in.  Good luck though.

I have a really good career right now but i feel like there more out there if i move to the cities beside more learning oppertunties.  But idk... its a really hard choice so im just scouting. Lol

colorMErainbow

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:15:03 PM »
Go back to school n use that talent to study at Michigan State, the number one school for packaging engineer.  Packaging design is also a focus in that field. 

The only engineer field of study that only required a statistic level math.  No calculus no bullchit. Well that was when I was still in school.

Duma,
Im ready to start my life. Too much loans to go back to school. Lol

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »
Well

Whenever I need a new logo for my business, I'll hit you up.

Did you know that some logos are worthy of millions?  Like the Pepsi logo, simple but yet, they put a lot of money into such project. 

Get one logo n be a millionaire.  How about that?

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

captian

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 01:07:24 PM »
I have a really good career right now but i feel like there more out there if i move to the cities beside more learning oppertunties.  But idk... its a really hard choice so im just scouting. Lol
why you want to change if you already have a good career? moving is a big step to make, married,  like have kids, other family duties, all these factor in. if you're single then it's easier.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 08:49:36 AM »
If you're doing good, then keep at it.  I hear it's pretty hard for those who just getting into the field because of the level of competition.  O0

Advertisements