Advertisement

Author Topic: Wow, Paul Ryan deleted this tweet of his almost as quickly as ...  (Read 731 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...my thread that got deleted after YAK claimed "guy" and was caught red handed... ;D ;D ;D:

Paul Ryan deletes tweet that lauded $1.50 pay rise as proof tax bill works

Ryan praised bill for giving school secretary an extra $1.50 a week
Republican House speaker accused of being out of touch

Paul Ryan deleted a tweet that cheered a $1.50 increase to a Pennsylvania school secretary’s weekly pay because of a $1.5tn tax cut, after it drew criticism that he was out of touch with ordinary Americans.

The House speaker’s tweet linked to an Associated Press story on Americans reaping the benefits of the Republican tax cut.

Ryan tweeted: “A secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week … she said [that] will more than cover her Costco membership for the year.”

Some social media users accused Ryan of being out of touch.

The California lieutenant governor, Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, posted on Twitter: “Guess someone told Paul Ryan you shouldn’t go around praising yourself for giving a working person an extra $1.50 a week.”

The House minority leader, Nancy Pelosi, tweeted: “Paul Ryan deleted his embarrassing tweet of a blatant admission because he and Republicans don’t want you to know the truth: the #GOPTaxScam is a gift to corporate America and the top 1% at your expense.”

Ryan’s office was not immediately available to comment.

Here's what that secretary thinks of the whole thing:

The secretary from Paul Ryan’s infamous tweet isn’t thrilled with her $1.50

"I get a dollar-fifty more, so it shows me [Ryan] might not have read the whole article."

Looks like some reading comp issue going on there... ;D ;D ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements