Advertisement

Author Topic: Trust or Love?  (Read 6863 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Trust or Love?
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:22:00 PM »
What do you think is more important and why?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: Trust or Love?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:50:21 PM »
What do you think most people seek? And following that would be trust. In my opinion they are equally important. You can’t have love without trust and you don’t have trust without love.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »
neither exist without the other...but trust would be a more valuable asset.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 02:29:23 PM »
If you trust me, I'll blackmail you. 

So it is not the love or trust issue from you to me but the real issue is with myself. 

Sometimes, what I think may scare me.  I don't even love or trust the self. 

Or even driving without a driver license or insurance, it is the world that scares me.  I don't hit them but when they hit me, I'm fawk scenario. 

I've learned to love and learn to trust but only at the cost of mistakes. 

Deep and meaningful

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »
What do you think most people seek? And following that would be trust. In my opinion they are equally important. You can’t have love without trust and you don’t have trust without love.

Can you love someone you cannot trust?  What about your child who you cannot trust but love?

I think people seek love but will accept trust because love is hard.

neither exist without the other...but trust would be a more valuable asset.

I firmly believe love exists alone without needing anything.  Trust does not need love.  I trust my banker who I don't give a flying duck about.  I love my so-and-so who I don't trust for shit.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 07:59:44 PM »
So a relationship voided of all trust and love is a business transaction. 

Thus why I tell folks to enter a relationship without expectation and to save yourself from a hurtful relationship, bring no sympathy into any relationship. 

So what if you do them wrong?  They'll get stronger in their next relationship so you are doing them a favor. 

I fake the love till I make it.  Been doing this since the 80s when i figures out what horny was. 

captian

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 12:44:39 PM »
Can you love someone you cannot trust?  What about your child who you cannot trust but love?

I think people seek love but will accept trust because love is hard.

I firmly believe love exists alone without needing anything.  Trust does not need love.  I trust my banker who I don't give a flying duck about. I love my so-and-so who I don't trust for shit.
you don't understand love. when you grow up you'll see it differently. trusting a banking institution without love is not a way to explain the exemption of love.   :2funny: :idiot2:

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 10:28:15 PM »
you don't understand love. when you grow up you'll see it differently. trusting a banking institution without love is not a way to explain the exemption of love.   :2funny: :idiot2:

Age is just a number here with so much immaturity.   :( :( :( :(

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:52:16 PM by w1s3m0n »

Like this post: +1

captian

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 01:49:27 PM »

Age is just a number here with so much immaturity.   :( :( :( :(
it's no wonder you don't understand the difference between trusting a loved one and trusting a bank then  :2funny: :idiot2:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 01:53:55 PM »
it's no wonder you don't understand the difference between trusting a loved one and trusting a bank then  :2funny: :idiot2:

Well you trust your love ones with your life and you trust your banker with your life savings.

There I said it. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
So if your love ones and your suitcase filled up with your life savings were to fall into a river, who do you save?

I'd save my love ones cuz $20 is not enough to bury nobody.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 03:09:49 AM »

Trolling still eh?  You having fun yet?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:35:07 AM by w1s3m0n »

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2018, 03:26:39 AM »

For me, love is more important. When you love someone with your entire heart, you willingly put your trust in them. It's a sacred connection between people. I think if you love someone without allowing trust to grow between you two, then you aren't doing right by them or you either. Trust is great also but life is better with love as the priority.

Thank you Asharia.  You are the first person on PH to succinctly reason your position why love is more important than trust.  Because you first love, then you first trust!  Love is a sacred connection.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2018, 03:33:02 AM »
A LOVING and COMPASSIONATE WORLD
A child was in the pathway of a semi-truck.  A stranger saw the child will be killed in a tragic accident.  There was only enough time to choose between the child or the person.  The person ran across the street and pushes the child forward and the semi-truck hits him.  Lying in a pool of blood, a stranger asked, why did you save this child at the cost of yours?  The stranger replied, I'm old, and I've lived a good life...This child deserves to experience a good life.

A TRUSTING WORLD
A child was in the pathway of a semi-truck.  A stranger saw the child will be killed in a tragic accident.  There was only enough time to choose between the child or the person.  The person/people watch in horror as the truck runs over the child.  Nobody saved this child.

Of the two stories, what is inspiring to you?

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 04:20:02 AM »
You believe that trust is first then love because you say, "In order to achieve love, you must have some level of trust first."  How does a mother trust a newborn?  How does a stranger who takes a personal sacrifice get their trust?  If trust is the underpinning of love, and love is merely a higher order of trust, why do we see moments of no trust yet actions that are irrational to the model...  In my opinion, the order matters because the order predicate everything else...  Trust me, I know I'm going against the grain. 

Clearly someone does not know about the pyramid of human emotional development. Trust is at a lower platform than love. Love is the apex. If you understand how scaffolding works, then my work is done. If scaffolding is foreign to you, then I'm done; go educate yourself.

Your confusion may be partly due to the fact that people in loving relationships take each other for granted, and this may lead to mistrust and resentment. Suffice to say that this pyramid is dynamic, fluid if you will, but in order to achieve love, you must have some level of trust first.

I'll add...why is it that after almost 100 years of psychology and sociology we don't feel better about each other.  We live in a world of less trust, fake news, less love, in-authenticity, etc...  Maybe the models are wrong.  Would one say, the proof is in the pudding?  Even if we say people are ignorant to the model, then why the change over time as these theory are diffuse by "thought leaders" to followers.

Btw, I'm not an expert or a researcher in this field of human emotional development.  I only became interested in these concept through trying to understand myself and my relationships better.  Lastly, do share your model by pasting a link.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:31:35 AM by w1s3m0n »

Advertisements