Advertisement

Author Topic: Other books of the Bible  (Read 1270 times)

Yengimer

Other books of the Bible
« on: February 12, 2018, 11:07:06 AM »
For those who argues that the Vatican is hiding these other books because they don't want the general population to know. I will tell you why they are rejected. I've been doing some research on this very subject lately, so I'll give you my honest opinion about it. I have not read all of the books yet, but I did read the "book of Judas".

The "book of Judas" is a very interesting book. The book is based on Gnosticism. The history of Gnosticism developed very early on. Some placed it in the later half of the first century to the second century. Gnostic means knowledge (opposite of agnostic.)

I'm not going to explain what the book is about in all detail. You can read it yourself. However, I will summarize it this way:

There is a term called "monism", which essentially states that "fundamentally, there is only one thing in reality", the Gnostic would say that thing is god, it is also everything that we know. Most Christians would be dualist, we believe that there are two separate things, God, and God's creation. We don't believe that they are a part of god, but rather they were simply created by God. This is also true of the mind-body. This is what the early churches held to...always have been. Gnostic are more like Eastern religions, Buddhism or Hinduism. They believe that they are an emanation of god, a part of god. The "book of Judas" gives us a very different picture of Jesus in this way, it portraits Jesus as an emanation of god. That's the bit of god that they see in everyone and everything. That is the "Divine spark" the Gnostic believes that is found within you. Not everyone though.. only those who have secret knowledge. Rather than emphasis faith in Jesus Christ, death and resurrection, they emphasis it on knowledge. If you don't have this secret knowledge you're not saved.

Why is the "book of Judas" rejected? Well because it is heresies. According to the Gnostic religion, God does not have any contact with the created order, Christ as our Savior could probably not have a true body. They believe the material world was not created by YHWH, but by these other corruptible gods.  It's an interesting area of research if anyone want to dig deeper into this. I have a feeling that many true Christians before us came to the same conclusions about other texts. The early Christians churches led the council of Nicea in the 300's selected and canonized the books of the Bible, although the New Testament was written before the Council of Nicea, what we have now is what God would have us to know.

So back to the question. Why does the Vatican hide these books? Well how could they hide it if I'm able to know it? And if they do hide it, it's probably because it contradicts with mainstream Christianity beliefs that's all.

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Re: Other books of the Bible
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:06:39 PM »
I wouldn't say that Vatican hides these books but more like these books are irrelevant to salvation.

Like this post: 0

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 10:59:25 PM »
Yes there are many non-canonical books.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +366
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 06:40:41 PM »
Oh boy  ::)

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 09:33:32 AM »
😬

Advertisements